Beard & SJD on azbilliards

spiderwebcomm

Verified Member
Just read through that thread. It's amazing how one great pool player feels the need to knock another great player, instead of just worrying about themselves and letting the scoreboard do the talking.

SJD plays really well, especially being so old he qualifies for a $2.18 Denny's breakfast and a free push to the gate at the airport.

Beard plays really well, especially since the last time I saw him, he was cripping-along with a cane.

The bet should be whether or not SJD can make it though a 7-ahead set without dying or whether Beard can make it through the same set w/out falling and not being able to get up.

I mean the above in total jest, since I respect both players -- whoever posted the picture of Grumpy Old Men, with Walter Mathau trying to stab Jack Lemmon with a fish is right on point.

What SJD and Beard NEED to do and SHOULD do is flip a coin to see who gets the heads and who gets the tails and then double-team Ann Margret. After a few high-fives, empty her purse while she's taking a shower and then hit the road and make some money together.

I was a little shocked at what Brumback said about Chicago players - that's brash and not something I'd expect him to say. That'd be like Efren making a post right behind his saying that no good all-around players ever came out of Kentucky. He never would, of course... and that's my point.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I mean the above in total jest, since I respect both players -- whoever posted the picture of Grumpy Old Men, with Walter Mathau trying to stab Jack Lemmon with a fish is right on point.

What SJD and Beard NEED to do and SHOULD do is flip a coin to see who gets the heads and who gets the tails and then double-team Ann Margret. After a few high-fives, empty her purse while she's taking a shower and then hit the road and make some money together.
I remember that movie. :lol

Attachments

• c571c7ddaba243711b.jpg
    c571c7ddaba243711b.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Just read through that thread. It's amazing how one great pool player feels the need to knock another great player, instead of just worrying about themselves and letting the scoreboard do the talking.

SJD plays really well, especially being so old he qualifies for a $2.18 Denny's breakfast and a free push to the gate at the airport.

Beard plays really well, especially since the last time I saw him, he was cripping-along with a cane.

The bet should be whether or not SJD can make it though a 7-ahead set without dying or whether Beard can make it through the same set w/out falling and not being able to get up.

I was a little shocked at what Brumback said about Chicago players - that's brash and not something I'd expect him to say. That'd be like Efren making a post right behind his saying that no good all-around players ever came out of Kentucky. He never would, of course... and that's my point.

After a series of operations, I aint got no cane or no limp. I had cataract surgery and I dont wear glasses anymore, I see about 20/30. I am still in great shape for 72 (73 in Nov). In a tournament at Red Shoes in which I came in a 3 way tie for first against a good field, I played for 17 straight hours until 5:30 in the morn. Of course I stayed in bed for the next 3 days, but thats another story.

Ann Margret? There was a time when I coulda, but I aint go no use for 60 plus year old broads. Matter of fact I aint got much use for most any of 'em any more.:frus

Beard

The Chicago banker thing aint worth commenting on.

spiderwebcomm

Verified Member
After a series of operations, I aint got no cane or no limp. I had cataract surgery and I dont wear glasses anymore, I see about 20/30. I am still in great shape for 72 (73 in Nov). In a tournament at Red Shoes in which I came in a 3 way tie for first against a good field, I played for 17 straight hours until 5:30 in the morn. Of course I stayed in bed for the next 3 days, but thats another story.

Ann Margret? There was a time when I coulda, but I aint go no use for 60 plus year old broads. Matter of fact I aint got much use for most any of 'em any more.:frus

Beard

The Chicago banker thing aint worth commenting on.

Here's a recent picture of Ann:

I'm 36 years old and I'd bang the ever-loving shit out of her. She ain't THAT bad. I mean, I might have to put a picture of her from when she was in Carnal Knowledge on her back during the process:

.... but she definitely qualifies.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Here's a recent picture of Ann:

I'm 36 years old and I'd bang the ever-loving shit out of her. She ain't THAT bad. I mean, I might have to put a picture of her from when she was in Carnal Knowledge on her back during the process:

.... but she definitely qualifies.

Sexist woman of all time IMO.

I dont care if she is 18 or 70...Ill take Ann.

WOW

Ken

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Raquel Welch still looks pretty good to me at 73 , of course she is only a few years older than me :sorry
I tried to put up a pic but am not smart enough or too lazy , you choose.
Google Raquel Welch Variety , there's a nice picture of her in a leopard suit from this year.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Raquel Welch still looks pretty good to me at 73 , of course she is only a few years older than me :sorry
I tried to put up a pic but am not smart enough or too lazy , you choose.
Google Raquel Welch Variety , there's a nice picture of her in a leopard suit from this year.
hereeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss RACHEL...................:D
rachel.jpg

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Great post Spidey,

I for one, truely appreciate your sense of humor, regarding what has become a very awkward subject on this forum !..I wish I had been able to come across as well as you did !.. My attempts at humor, were often very hurtful towards Fred, and one thing led to another, and pretty soon it became a contest, to see which one could fire the most personal insults, at the other !... It did not make it any easier, when others joined in, (on either side) and fanned the flames, as happened quite often !

I really don't blame Fred, for reacting the way he did !..I would like to apologize to him, for many of the things I said, regarding his level of play, and his recall of his many experiences !..It was a bitter defense mechanism, and many times I wish I could have bitten my tongue, and STFU !

I would hope the feeling is mutual, and we could make an effort to start over again with a clean slate !..If that is something he will never be comfortable with, I will understand..But, I see no need to continue this senseless sniping, and bitterness between us, much less extend it over to AZB, where they LOVE flame wars !..I am in hopes we can find a way to forgive and forget !..I know I can !

SJD

Last edited:

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'll be in your area next March

I'll be in your area next March

Dick, I plan on being in Arizona next March to visit a couple of people, including Alfie Taylor. I first saw you play back in the 1960s at Cotton Bowling Palace in Dallas. You and Billy Stroud were my "pool heroes" at that time. I'd love to stop by and say hello if you will be there next March.:)

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Great post Spidey,

I for one, truely appreciate your sense of humor, regarding what has become a very awkward subject on this forum !..I wish I had been able to come across as well as you did !.. My attempts at humor, were often very hurtful towards Fred, and one thing led to another, and pretty soon it became a contest, to see which one could fire the most personal insults, at the other !... It did not make it any easier, when others joined in, (on either side) and fanned the flames, as happened quite often !

I really don't blame Fred, for reacting the way he did !..I would like to apologize to him, for many of the things I said, regarding his level of play, and his recall of his many experiences !..It was a bitter defense mechanism, and many times I wish I could have bitten my tongue, and STFU !

I would hope the feeling is mutual, and we could make an effort to start over again with a clean slate !..If that is something he will never be comfortable with, I will understand..But, I see no need to continue this senseless sniping, and bitterness between us, much less extend it over to AZB, where they LOVE flame wars !..I am in hopes we can find a way to forgive and forget !..I know I can !

SJD

SJD

Well done, Dick.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Great post Spidey,

SJD
First of all both you and Freddy are true legends, I think Freddy will except your apology and forgive and forget the whole thing between you guys. Freddy remember things get said in heated arguments that can be forgiven because they are said without thinking it through and most of the time you wished you didn't say it. I hope you guys do regret the whole thing and forgive each other. Life is too short to hold grudges. SJD did make an honest offer to heal things between you guys which to me he is sorry it ever happened.I hope you feel the same way.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Dick, I plan on being in Arizona next March to visit a couple of people, including Alfie Taylor. I first saw you play back in the 1960s at Cotton Bowling Palace in Dallas. You and Billy Stroud were my "pool heroes" at that time. I'd love to stop by and say hello if you will be there next March.:)

Hi Bill,...I think Stroud will be in town then, and the four of us can get together and tap a keg !..Also, a ton of top notch
restaurants here, as usual !

Very much looking forward to it !

Dick

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
First of all both you and Freddy are true legends, I think Freddy will except your apology and forgive and forget the whole thing between you guys. Freddy remember things get said in heated arguments that can be forgiven because they are said without thinking it through and most of the time you wished you didn't say it. I hope you guys do regret the whole thing and forgive each other. Life is too short to hold grudges. SJD did make an honest offer to heal things between you guys which to me he is sorry it ever happened.I hope you feel the same way.

isreal: fuk it, 1972 is cool by us.....

Fanatic

Verified Member
HaHaHa...It's like I never left! Still the same ol'e same ol'e ;) Hope everyone's doing well ... miss all you grouches!
XOXO