you /him #????

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I like dealing with the four ball right now with a masse shot before more trouble develops. Make the four or get it out of there. You might get the eight out at the same time.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
The masse off the short rail first is very workable for me. I don't see any kicks available. Three rail kick is highly dangerous. The up and down one rail has a very small ball to hit because of the position of the eight ball.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The masse off the short rail first is very workable for me. I don't see any kicks available. Three rail kick is highly dangerous. The up and down one rail has a very small ball to hit because of the position of the eight ball.

Talk about a small window, I love to masse but from here your more likely to scratch than get the ball out

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Since there's not really much of a shot anywhere this might be worth a whack. Enough follow could make that 1 ball.

I can't wait to see what an expert 3 cushion player would do here or maybe even a one pocket hacker. I'm sure players of their talent levels would have expert opinions to give here.

cbd maybe.jpg

beatle

Verified Member
another shot might be to roll the cue ball up table and let him shoot the combo. it isnt a gimmie with those tight pockets especially if he has a little cut on it.

also the 14 can be used to move the 4 ball away.

beatle

Verified Member
those kick shots are good but when he has one right in front of his hole he is going to get a shot to make more balls that are open unless you find a way to get rid of that ball before opening them up.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Doesn't look like there are any reasonable kicks to deal with the 4ball, the one rail kick is possible but very little margin for error. In this position you must move the 4ball or the 14ball. If you cant move the 4ball I would try to bank the 14ball to my side and remove it from the position it's in. The 14ball is a winning shot for my opponent and i'm not going to let it remain there if I can't move the 4ball. I'm going to bank the 14ball and swing the cue ball three cushions and try to double up the 4ball with the 8ball and leave distance. I'll take my chances from there.

I would shoot Franks shot if I felt that I could masse the ball and get in back of the 8ball, I see good things happening with that option.

Dr. Bill

backplaying

Verified Member
I like banking the 14 here to, and make sure to hit it with good speed to get it around my hole, playing the cue ball two rails into the long rail and to the short rail.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I think he can shoot that 14 into the 4 and go 3 rails and leave him straight inish on the 8. I would do that for sure if it is there.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Tough spot to be in, but I think I would go up table with a 1 rail kick hoping the CB would make the 4 or at least leave him where he is tied up to a ball. I would not do any shot that would open up the rack more than it is, making him work for any extra balls.---Smitty

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Since there's not really much of a shot anywhere this might be worth a whack. Enough follow could make that 1 ball.

I can't wait to see what an expert 3 cushion player would do here or maybe even a one pocket hacker. I'm sure players of their talent levels would have expert opinions to give here.

View attachment 9036

Safer and easier to play the cue ball off the nine into the one. Don't try to make it.