How to play perfect One Pocket

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
One Pocket is a very simple game that anyone can play. Play safe until you get a shot and then run out. That's all there is to it.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket is a very simple game that anyone can play. Play safe until you get a shot and then run out. That's all there is to it.

I tried that yesterday. I played safe so long I could not make a ball when I finally got a shot.

What is plan "B".

beatle

Verified Member
of course there is more to it than that. you also must

irritate your opponent till he cant make a shot

move balls around so his shots are tougher when he isnt looking

always get a few more inches on the cue ball when he is not looking

make funny faces and gestures so he feels uncomfortable

call scratches that he didnt make and argue over them till he is so upset he cant shoot.

move the chalk so it is always out of his reach

make weird noises when he is getting ready to stroke.

now one pocket is easy to win at.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
of course there is more to it than that. you also must

irritate your opponent till he cant make a shot

move balls around so his shots are tougher when he isnt looking

always get a few more inches on the cue ball when he is not looking

make funny faces and gestures so he feels uncomfortable

call scratches that he didnt make and argue over them till he is so upset he cant shoot.

move the chalk so it is always out of his reach

make weird noises when he is getting ready to stroke.

now one pocket is easy to win at.

Above all, make certain he's not carrying a gun. :D

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I tried that yesterday. I played safe so long I could not make a ball when I finally got a shot.

What is plan "B".

Let's see...plan "B"... Oh, I know, give your opponent a little bait. Leave whitie on the head rail with a ball out on your oppo's side but close to the rack. He'll loosen them up for you so you can get some practice in.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Its not the hat; its the frown.

I had just blown my cash and had drowned my sorrows in a few beers. I have been going off on a regular basis lately.:frus

I have turned into the kind of guy I used to go looking for. Think I can play, have a little money and will bet it.:D

The hats belong to my friend Greg, who has quite a collection. When he wears one I like, I get a picture wearing it.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I had just blown my cash and had drowned my sorrows in a few beers. I have been going off on a regular basis lately.:frus

I have turned into the kind of guy I used to go looking for. Think I can play, have a little money and will bet it.:D

The hats belong to my friend Greg, who has quite a collection. When he wears one I like, I get a picture wearing it.

John,

Its a testament to your extreme longevity that you are just now running into the kind of glass wall most of us ran into a long time ago. I have probably never played as good as you and therefore took my place in the pecking order many years ago when I realized I wasn't the world beater I thought I was. I have observed that almost no one seems to be. I saw Buddy Hall make Efren dog it in the late 1980's in Toledo. I saw Efren make Mike Segal, and a host of others, dog it in the early 1991's. I even lived to see Buddy Hall dog it when his weight got out of hand.

We are all dogs. You are a Bull Mastiff if you ask me. Pick your fights. Find your own weaknesses before your opponent does. Don't try to play as long. Go for quality of play even if its only for a couple of hours.

Most of all, have a Merry Christmas.