Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Doc

Hey Doc,

I saw you over at Jim Bob's. You had to play Ochoa at the end of the first day. Tough opponent.

I pulled David Gutierrez in the first round... OUCH!

7-1, his way....

Comment

Originally posted by cycopath
      Hey Doc,

I saw you over at Jim Bob's. You had to play Ochoa at the end of the first day. Tough opponent.

I pulled David Gutierrez in the first round... OUCH!

7-1, his way....
      Hi Cycopath,

I wish you'd have introduced yourself! I like meeting all the folks I can who post on 1p.org. Let me know if you'll be over to Mississippi again, and we can get together. gulfportdoc@yahoo.com Where do you live in Alabama? Do you know Pelican?

Yeah, the Sylver Ochoa match was my 5th (and final) of the day, and I was exhausted. It was one of those awful matches where the guy not only plays better than I, but he also couldn't do anything wrong, and I couldn't get a roll. Ironically I had just finished a match where I won 7-0. It was the exact opposite of the Sylver match. I even snapped in the 9 twice!!

Sylver matched up with a local player in onehole, who he gave 10-7, and tortured him. That guy could give ME 9-7, so Sylver's a player.

Sounds like you had your hands full with David G. Of course who wouldn't!! I think Shannon Daulton beat him 11-8 in the final.

Hope to meet you some day--

Doc

Comment

From the nest.

Hey GPD,

I wanted to introduce myself but I didn't want you to think I was some kind of a 'psycho'... or 'cyco'...

Actually everytime I saw you, you were either playing or socializing. I didn't want to disturb you while doing either.

As far as my relationship with Pelican, I am one of his hatchlings.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc
          Yes, I know the guy you're referring to. I'm a white 59 year-old chiropractor and I've been playing at Jim Bob's for 4-1/2 years. I forget the black guy's actual name. I think he's only been coming around for about a year. I don't know why he sometimes refers to himself as "doctor". As far as I know he's not in the health care field.

Doc
          probably has a PHD
          Nick

Comment

Originally posted by PQQLK9
            probably has a PHD
            I don't believe so...

Comment

Noonie Baby

I don't believe so...
              Doc, does a black guy called Noonie Baby ever come around where you are? Real name is Brown.
              JMO,ICBW.............$Bill

Comment

Originally posted by hemicudas
                Doc, does a black guy called Noonie Baby ever come around where you are? Real name is Brown.
                Hey Hemi-- No, I've never heard the name "Noonie Baby". The only black pool player named Brown I know is the redoubtable Eddie Brown from New Orleans, who as you may know is a very strong player, especially at banks and one hole. He rarely comes to Gulfport. We don't have any good black pool players at Jim Bob's, although James stops in once in awhile. He's always tough.

Doc

Comment

Hey Hemi-- No, I've never heard the name "Noonie Baby". The only black pool player named Brown I know is the redoubtable Eddie Brown from New Orleans, who as you may know is a very strong player, especially at banks and one hole. He rarely comes to Gulfport. We don't have any good black pool players at Jim Bob's, although James stops in once in awhile. He's always tough.

Doc
                  Thanks, Doc. No, I'm not talking about Eddie Brown. This Brown lived in Jackson in the 70s. He is about 65-67 now and is suppose to live in Pascagoola. He use to get 8-6 from Earl Heisler. Pretty solid player at one time. He was a good money maker. He was the first to bring Bugs to town.
                  JMO,ICBW.............$Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X