Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Love This Site!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Love This Site!!!

    Steve, this site is fabulous!! Thanks so much for constructing and mastering it!

    Doc

  • #2
    You be right

    Howdy Doc. You got that right, great site.

    I'm not far from you, Baldwin County, Alabama. Hope to meet ya at Grady's tournament in December. If you ever get a chance to come to my area, Foley, Al, give me a shout (Richard) at 251-943-5834 days. I've got Grady's old Diamond table in the back of my store. We hang around a lot after closing and shoot a bit.
    ..........
    I shoot pool like I make love - I'm not very good but do have a lot of fun trying.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sir,who are u!!!

      Originally posted by gulfportdoc
      Steve, this site is fabulous!! Thanks so much for constructing and mastering it!

      Doc
      Howdy Gulfport Doc,
      According to the info I collected, there is a player in Gulfport called `DOC` a black man who plays only 9 Ball.you seem to be a one pocket player and also call youself`Doc` from Gulfport.it is confusing.May be I got the wrong info.cheers
      Vagabond

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by vagabond
        Howdy Gulfport Doc,
        According to the info I collected, there is a player in Gulfport called `DOC` a black man who plays only 9 Ball.you seem to be a one pocket player and also call youself`Doc` from Gulfport.it is confusing.May be I got the wrong info.cheers
        Vagabond
        Yes, I know the guy you're referring to. I'm a white 59 year-old chiropractor and I've been playing at Jim Bob's for 4-1/2 years. I forget the black guy's actual name. I think he's only been coming around for about a year. I don't know why he sometimes refers to himself as "doctor". As far as I know he's not in the health care field.

        Doc

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Pelican
          Howdy Doc. You got that right, great site.

          I'm not far from you, Baldwin County, Alabama. Hope to meet ya at Grady's tournament in December. If you ever get a chance to come to my area, Foley, Al, give me a shout (Richard) at 251-943-5834 days. I've got Grady's old Diamond table in the back of my store. We hang around a lot after closing and shoot a bit.
          Richard, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I haven't checked this site in several days. I actually came on to check the comments on my friend Gerald Huber's excellent book "The Green Felt Jungle".

          Foley is a nice little town. You know there will be a $2000 added Pechauer event in Gulport at Jim Bob's on Aug. 14/15, then the following weekend a bar box tourney at Breaker's in Mobile for much bigger dough. Frankly my best nine ball is behind me, so I'm looking forward to playing more one hole. Maybe we can meet up in Mobile on 8/21?

          Doc

          Comment


          • #6
            Doc, ya got yer dates off on Breakers. They is on Aug 7/8. I will be there. A rather large older gentleman with somewhat whiteish hair, OK, I'm 59, 6-3, 235, and grey headed. Damn I hate being honest, the other way sounds so much more elegant.

            Later, Pel
            ..........
            I shoot pool like I make love - I'm not very good but do have a lot of fun trying.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gulfportdoc
              Steve, this site is fabulous!! Thanks so much for constructing and mastering it!
              Doc

              I agree 100%. I like the posters and their posts. So much information is offered here. It's so quiet and peaceful. But, mostly I like the fact that I can post here without any clothes on... Yeehaaa !

              Comment


              • #8
                Huh!

                Originally posted by Smorgass Bored
                I agree 100%. I like the posters and their posts. So much information is offered here. It's so quiet and peaceful. But, mostly I like the fact that I can post here without any clothes on... Yeehaaa !
                Oh No - I just got a visual, AARRRRRGGGGGGGG
                ..........
                I shoot pool like I make love - I'm not very good but do have a lot of fun trying.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gulfportdoc's picture

                  Hi Steve,

                  Here's a photo as per our conversation.

                  Thanks,

                  Doc

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey G-Doc! Great pic. Do you happen to live in the same Gulfport as to where Grady is holding the tournament in Dec.? If you do can you give us a few words about the area and what airport to use. The safety, night life, family friendly, etc. Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You bet I can!

                      Originally posted by yobagua
                      Hey G-Doc! Great pic. Do you happen to live in the same Gulfport as to where Grady is holding the tournament in Dec.? If you do can you give us a few words about the area and what airport to use. The safety, night life, family friendly, etc. Thanks!
                      There's only one airport: Gulfport/Biloxi. It handles jet flights from all over. One can also fly into New Orleans (Kenner), rent a car and drive over. If you move along, you can drive it in 75 minutes. There is very little crime here, except for drug related crap-- mostly in a few 'hoods. The night life is first rate, since there are 13 full casinos and no tavern closing time. Y'all can sit on a barstool 24 hours a day until you fall off. Family is extremely important in this area. You couldn't find a more family-friendly place.

                      Reportedly Grady's event will be held at the Gulfport Grand Hotel/Casino Entertainment Center, so you might consider staying at the Grand. However there are plenty of hotels and motels close by which are more economical.

                      Being a Grady event, there will be action around the clock; however there is also an excellent poolroom --Jim Bob's Pool Hall-- 5-10 minutes away.

                      If there's anything else I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. If you'd rather contact me privately, my Email is gulfportdoc@yahoo.com

                      Best regards,

                      Doc

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks heaps doc!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gulfportdoc
                          Hi Steve,

                          Here's a photo as per our conversation.

                          Thanks,

                          Doc
                          Hey, ain't ya 'sposed to have a number on the bottom of a mugshot

                          Later Doc. Hope you have a good 4th, Pel
                          ..........
                          I shoot pool like I make love - I'm not very good but do have a lot of fun trying.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Pelican
                            Hey, ain't ya 'sposed to have a number on the bottom of a mugshot

                            Later Doc. Hope you have a good 4th, Pel
                            Well it WAS on there, but Steve clipped it off...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              043425 Gppd

                              Originally posted by gulfportdoc
                              Well it WAS on there, but Steve clipped it off...
                              It think that was it.

                              Oh well, I'll still be able to spot ya at Grady's thing

                              Later, Pel
                              ..........
                              I shoot pool like I make love - I'm not very good but do have a lot of fun trying.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X