No announcement yet.

nevel/owen...wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first saw the layout, I assumed Gabe's pocket was by the CB. But if his pocket is the other one, it looks to me like he could just cut in the stripe by the CB, then make the one, then rack 'em. Are the CB and the stripe angled more acutely into the foot rail than they appear?

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
      I would shoot it like this with a little high left..

Many good things could happen. If the balls roll right you could protect any banks by having a ball in the open on your side.

Dudley

[ATTACH]9696[/ATTACH]
      That's the first shot i saw Dudley, but I don't think I'd be letting them fly. I'd just be trying to get the six on my side, leave whitey on the rail and try to cover banking lanes...that's all

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
        When I first saw the layout, I assumed Gabe's pocket was by the CB. But if his pocket is the other one, it looks to me like he could just cut in the stripe by the CB, then make the one, then rack 'em. Are the CB and the stripe angled more acutely into the foot rail than they appear?

Doc
        Pretty good shot selection.. everyone over looked that option... now I see why you ran 3 8 and outs on Wiseman..... oh by the way... THE POCKETS ARE ON THE OTHER END OF THE TABLE LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by onepockethacker View Post
          Pretty good shot selection.. everyone over looked that option... now I see why you ran 3 8 and outs on Wiseman..... oh by the way... THE POCKETS ARE ON THE OTHER END OF THE TABLE LMFAO
          thanks for pointing that out rob...
          i deleted the "lmfao" in the bolded part on purpose cause its not my style....
          even tho doc deserves it.....
          not like him to be disoriented 180 degrees.....

Comment

btw rob
            WWYD???

Comment

I like kicking at the stripe (Bernies shot) or shooting the 6ball. For a player like Gabe pocketing the 6ball is close to "even money", nothing too wrong with choosing that option. For players that don't shoot straight, the kick is the better option.

Bill Incardona

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                btw rob
                WWYD???
                This is a no brainer. Some people are suggesting to kick the 14 ball away to get a ball out of play. Thats the 3rd best option available. The best shot available is to shoot the 6 ball and try to win the game. If you miss guess what? The 6 ball is going up table anyway. The 2nd best option is to cut the 6 ball over to your side rail between the 2nd and 3rd diamond and try to get the cueball to the end rail. With where you are placing the 6 ball your opponent wont be able to bank the stripe thats up table.

Comment

nevel/owen...wwyd

This is a no brainer. Some people are suggesting to kick the 14 ball away to get a ball out of play. Thats the 3rd best option available. The best shot available is to shoot the 6 ball and try to win the game. If you miss guess what? The 6 ball is going up table anyway. The 2nd best option is to cut the 6 ball over to your side rail between the 2nd and 3rd diamond and try to get the cueball to the end rail. With where you are placing the 6 ball your opponent wont be able to bank the stripe thats up table.

Indubitably
                  Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

thanks rob for the reply
                    your thoughts on shot selection i can always learn from...
                    larry

Comment

Cutting the 6ball to your side looks very difficult to me, but it could be possible. Imo you have to be at the table to feel that option, and if comfortable with it then go for it but like I said it looks to be too iffy. The kick is not a bad option providing you're comfortable with shooting those kind of shots, and like I mentioned not much wrong with shooting the 6ball.

Bill Incardona

Comment

you have to be there

Well since I was at home I decided to set the position up as close as I could to the picture and my thoughts on the position have changed.

Shooting the 6ball is no longer an option for me and I doubt it would be an option for any level of player. Too tough.

Thinning the inside of the 6ball is also a tough hit but better than shooting the 6ball by far. I shot the shot four times and three of the four times I hit the stripe to a relatively safe position, the fourth time I sold out a shot on the stripe.

I kicked the stripe four times and hit it well every time, only selling out a bank one of those times. However, I placed the stripe out of play every time and based off of that fact, and the consistency of the hit with the kick I find that for me the kick is by far the best option.

Bill Incardona

Comment

Damn, I've shot at the wrong pocket before but never at the wrond end of the table...CB position got me! Disregard everything I've ever said. Sorry, Dudley!

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                            Well since I was at home I decided to set the position up as close as I could to the picture and my thoughts on the position have changed.

Shooting the 6ball is no longer an option for me and I doubt it would be an option for any level of player. Too tough.

Thinning the inside of the 6ball is also a tough hit but better than shooting the 6ball by far. I shot the shot four times and three of the four times I hit the stripe to a relatively safe position, the fourth time I sold out a shot on the stripe.

I kicked the stripe four times and hit it well every time, only selling out a bank one of those times. However, I placed the stripe out of play every time and based off of that fact, and the consistency of the hit with the kick I find that for me the kick is by far the best option.

Bill Incardona
                            Sorry, this is embarrassing, I actually positioned both the 6ball and the stripe perpendicular to one another..both balls on the inside of the diamond when I shot the safe option by cutting the 6ball to the left. I didn't realize that the stripe was to the outside of the diamond "slightly" which would then make the safety off the inside of the 6ball a much better shot..my bad. Also it would then make the kick a more difficult shot. Based off of my new findings the safety off the inside of the 6ball now becomes the better option between the kick option and the safety option. Shooting the 6ball for the win still remains a very low percentage option.

I apologize to all that liked the safety off the 6ball.

Bill Incardona

Comment

Sorry Steve but that is a horrible option.
                              I agree -- I was looking at this on my phone when I posted and thought Gabe was down 6-2 in the count, not up. In that case yeah, I'm in favor of kicking the stripe away from Nevel's pocket.
                              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Ah, so... That does make a difference. Now that I'm oriented to the correct end of the table, I'd thin off the 6 and roll the CB down towards the opponent's pocket.

Nevel is a shooter, though. and since he's down 6-2 he might take a punch at the 6 ball. The only other guys who would choose a low percentage shot like that are Benny Conway, Jr., Keith McCready, and Rob Melrose.

Doc

Comment

Working...
                                X