Varner vs. Fusco WWYD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Varner vs. Fusco WWYD

Nicky Varner had the game well in hand and leads 6-0 here. But Fusco made a good two railer and has located a ball in a good position and has it sort of blocked off. Now it is Varner's shot. What would you do? Legends.....
    ps. The cue ball is NOT up next to the side pocket. It is the ball that is to the upper left of that other white looking striped ball, above the second diamond on Varners side.. There is NO passageway to go between the one and two and knock the 8 in. I can tell you that much, because it was a player review tape...
    Grady and Fusco doing the review. Legends of the highest order..

"Born Into This"

with a tad bit of middle/high left
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-1001_28_50-WindowsMediaPlayer_zps0118eec4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	387970

Comment

If not Dustin's shot..then instead, bank the one over to your long rail above your pocket and stick whitey on top of the cluster..or kick 3 rails at the ball in Fusco's pocket.

- Ghost
      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

easy cut on that ball by cb.

Comment

I'm inclined to fire the one ball toward the side rail just before the eight clearing both balls and swing the cue ball three rails back toward Jimmy's corner.

I see the angles something like this:
          Attached Files

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

Bank the 1 and draw cue back behind the 10? Just hope you don't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
              with a tad bit of middle/high left
              [ATTACH]9948[/ATTACH]
              I like your shot. That ball is sitting just far enough off the rail that the scratch is unlikely if you hit it just firm enough to get a kiss after the initial hit.
              If hit to softly to use that ball as a blocker then the scratch comes more into play.

Comment

I'm kicking at the 6 one rail, with half a tip above center.

Comment

Originally posted by kingrichardthelionheart View Post
                  easy cut on that ball by cb.
                  Close to your work.
                  Bill Meacham
                  WBT
                  www.worldbilliardtour.com
                  no link....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
                    I'm inclined to fire the one ball toward the side rail just before the eight clearing both balls and swing the cue ball three rails back toward Jimmy's corner.

I like this shot the best of the options discussed for several reasons. We're all in agreement that you must move the 8ball..with the exception of the Ghost with his bank on the 1ball which looks to be laying poorly for his option to be viable. However, if the angle is there for the shot to be executed as he described it's a very viable option.

Back to Tom's shot. Considering the score of 6 to 0 what Varner doesn't want to have happen is a scratch in a pocket, Tom's shot precludes any scratch and is laying on the angle to easily go 4 cushions around table and drop under the stripe that's positioned near the bottom cushion. It really depends on how confident Varner is on clearing the 8ball with using the 1ball because..like I stated the cue ball is laying on a good angle to do what Tom and I described. Guarding against scratching is your top priority in this position.

Bill Incardona

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post

Good. I don't have to draw up another diagram. You nailed it. Hashtag#TomTom calls it again. Fusco said that after this shot, he was done. Any hope of getting back in the hunt for this game was squashed. Varner left him buried like this under that stripe, after taking out the 8 with the one ball, just like you illustrated. I would have probably shot The Ghosts shot myself, but Varner made it look easy..see post #5

"Born Into This"

Comment

I would have to load up with right here and bank at the 1. If he did make it, he could have left a mark. I don't think Nick would have shot at a ball from the end rail with that lead unless it was completely free.

Comment

Originally posted by backplaying View Post
                          I would have to load up with right here and bank at the 1. If he did make it, he could have left a mark. I don't think Nick would have shot at a ball from the end rail with that lead unless it was completely free.

You damn right he should have done that. Instead he tried that old bunting nudging it up to try and freeze it to the ten and rail. Fail. Against Varner=Double Fail..
                          "Born Into This"

Comment

Working...
                          X