Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWYD - Shannon Daulton v Ryan Stone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    WWYD - Shannon Daulton v Ryan Stone

    Ryan stone banks good as a mutha. He almost certainly 2 railed the 15 or stiffed the 13. I think I remember him draining the 2 railer when I watched this match last summer

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
      This is my choice.

      [ATTACH]10045[/ATTACH]
      I like this also.
      I like the 2 railer but I can't control the cueball on the shot naturally enough to like it for my money.
      Also with the score 6 to 1, you took a ball out of play.
      Ryan plays real good , he probably made the 2 rail bank and got out.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by lll View Post
        so i can learn
        whats wrong with my shot
        help please....

        Nothing, if you're pretty sure that you can put the cue ball there. I would probably mess that up and maybe roll past the 14-5 and leave him straight in on the 14, and want to kick myself. I like putting balls up table also, but I would rather leave the 3-15 in place and shoot something super easy and simple and let him move those if he wants to. Just draw my cue rock back to the circle area...

        "Born Into This"

        Comment


        • #19
          There are quite a few shots available, but I'd likely bank the 13 straight back with left spin so as to leave whitey up by Shannon's head pocket. It's important to leave the 13 by the hole (if not made) so Shannon couldn't shoot the pink 6.

          The 6 is hanging out there for Shannon to shoot-- which he would, given any chance at all, being down 1-6. It wouldn't be a bad shot to shoot the 6 into the corner pocket and roll whitey up to the head rail, since it's the only ball makeable for Shannon from up table.

          If Ryan is a great banker, he may have shot the 11 two rails. But if missed, Shannon would definitely shoot the 6.

          Doc

          Comment


          • #20
            I'm banking the 11 ball to my side and putting the cue ball near the side pocket where he can't see the 13 ball.

            Bill S.

            Comment


            • #21
              I too like banking the 13 because of the simplicity of cueing at 9 o'clock. This type of shot allows near Zero chance at scratching in the upper corner pocket. This shot also takes out ANY chance of letting SD lag roll a cut to his hole of those upper table balls.
              Last edited by Island Drive; 05-23-2014, 01:10 AM.
              Bill Meacham
              WBT
              www.worldbilliardtour.com
              no link....

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by lll View Post
                so i can learn
                whats wrong with my shot
                help please....
                Larry,
                I'm not reading all of the posts to all of the threads these days so please forgive me if this is redundant. Your shot is ok but weak compared to Frank's and Bill's because you let the oppo see your balls. This is seldom a good idea. One of the main priorities is to protect them once they are close to your pocket. I know you already know this though.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I must be naive...that 1-rail bank on the stripe on the long rail looks like a totally free chance to win the game. CB lands up near the upper-left corner with 10-11 o'clock.
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by mosconiac View Post
                    I must be naive...that 1-rail bank on the stripe on the long rail looks like a totally free chance to win the game. CB lands up near the upper-left corner with 10-11 o'clock.
                    you have a superior ball position with the lead why would you intice your opponent in any way to pull off the win.Shooting this shot requires an excellent touch and hit..nows nit the time to be great.

                    bill incardona

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by lll View Post
                      heres what I would do
                      [ATTACH]10043[/ATTACH]
                      Larry this option demands an accurate hit played with an unnatural cue ball. You need to be precise with the direction with cue ball and the hit has to be right on (in terms of direction and speed.) Your target that you're using for your landing spot is too small which demands a perfect hit
                      Bill Incardona

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                        Yeah, the two-railer is wicked tempting but I agree. Maybe like this.
                        +
                        -you could leave a bank on eiithr the 3ball 11ball or cross over the 12ball to your side

                        Bill INCARDONA

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                          Your up 6 to 1. And your going to lose the QB and sell out something
                          Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
                          Nothing, if you're pretty sure that you can put the cue ball there. I would probably mess that up and maybe roll past the 14-5 and leave him straight in on the 14, and want to kick myself. I like putting balls up table also, but I would rather leave the 3-15 in place and shoot something super easy and simple and let him move those if he wants to. Just draw my cue rock back to the circle area...

                          Originally posted by petie View Post
                          Larry,
                          I'm not reading all of the posts to all of the threads these days so please forgive me if this is redundant. Your shot is ok but weak compared to Frank's and Bill's because you let the oppo see your balls. This is seldom a good idea. One of the main priorities is to protect them once they are close to your pocket. I know you already know this though.
                          Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                          Larry this option demands an accurate hit played with an unnatural cue ball. You need to be precise with the direction with cue ball and the hit has to be right on (in terms of direction and speed.) Your target that you're using for your landing spot is too small which demands a perfect hit
                          Bill Incardona
                          thanks guys

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Frank Almanza
                            jtpilot
                            Androd

                            Frustrate your opponent and move balls up table not letting him see ....anything...a little dose of that and he'll remember whom you are.

                            Bill Incardona

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by gulfportdoc
                              ...I'd likely bank the 13 straight back with left spin so as to leave whitey up by Shannon's head pocket. It's important to leave the 13 by the hole (if not made) so Shannon couldn't shoot the pink 6.
                              Kinda hard to tell, but couldn't the 13 be banked at pocket speed with little or no spin to leave the CB above the opposite side pocket? I don't think Shannon has a shot at the pink or (now that the 13 is near the corner pocket) anything else from there.

                              pj
                              chgo

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                how about banking the 13 one rail, sending the cue to the upper left quadrant of the table?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X