Greatest One Pocket Match You Saw or Played

keoneyo

Verified Member
The Galveston one pocket semi and finals on You Tube between The Cannon and Effie are also ones not to be missed.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
That match with Shannon and Efren is one of the best I've seen. Shannon has a heart of a lion and plays better in the spotlight, unlike many. He's one of the few who doesn't seem intimidated by Efren, like most players are/were. I can say, he's also one of the few that has made Efren get weak, with a banking exhibition.

What I've always admired about his game of one pkt....he seems to always take the correct shot depending on the situation and score. But, his ability to roll the cue ball naturally all the time makes him stand out amongst his peers. This gives him incredible speed control. He seems to most always cue whitey with a rolling or punch center ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The Galveston one pocket semi and finals on You Tube between The Cannon and Effie are also ones not to be missed.
You're right, bro. It was a good one. I played in that event, so I got to watch some of the final.

Interestingly Shannon had beaten Efren in their match either earlier that day, or the day before to put him on the losers side. They'd played it in the tournament room, where the conditions were semi-ideal. In contrast the TV table was under some of the hottest lights I've ever seen, to where I felt sorry for anyone who had to play on that table. It was like playing on linoleum, it was so fast. The balls slid easily, and all the banks went wide. Shannon looked ill at ease right from the start, and I think he never got completely comfortable; whereas Reyes seemed to rise to the occasion.;)

~Doc