Greatest One Pocket Match You Saw or Played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straightback View Post
    LS John, you are correct. Not only that, his 8-and-outs are a beautiful mix of nine-ball strokes mixed in with smart straight pool breakouts. The DVD is worth it for one shot alone, which is a nasty, three-cushion type shot - Incardona (and the crowd) go apeshit! Even Mr. 3C would have to tip his hat for this reverse English position play. I think Incardona refers to it as "some alien monster English shot." (It is one of those situations where Reyes gets out of line where most players would still be in line. It is also one of those situations where Reyes brings the damn goods to get back in line. This is, after all, why we like to watch him!) I have hundreds of videos and this one is a keeper!

You will find better duels between combatants, but you will not find a better single performance than this.

Oh, and nearly all those 98 Legends matches are great!
    Yes, I was there for that match and that shot -- Efren got unbelievable cue ball action, with position to continue his run!!
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
      He beat Keith McCready a set for 10k at The Cue Club in Vegas in the early 2000's and really jumped up after that.

It was seven ahead and Keith won the first 4/5 in a row and it looked like Scott was done, but he turned it around and got the cash.
      John, was that 1P, or 9 ball? Probably 1P since that's the subject, but just curious...

I didn't really get to see Frost's wizardry until the 2006 U.S. Open 1P. His game seemed effortless, and he never missed. He didn't do particularly well in the tournament though. That seems to be his M.O.: he generally does better in stakes matches.

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
        John, was that 1P, or 9 ball? Probably 1P since that's the subject, but just curious...

I didn't really get to see Frost's wizardry until the 2006 U.S. Open 1P. His game seemed effortless, and he never missed. He didn't do particularly well in the tournament though. That seems to be his M.O.: he generally does better in stakes matches.

~Doc
        One pocket Doc. Freezer would not have played Keith any nine ball at that time.
        JOHN HENDERSON
        Al Romero Cue
        Magic Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
          Daulton/Reyes and Daulton/Hall, back-to-back in the 1998 Legends in Baton Rouge.

Efren's last two matches at Derby City in '06 was something to watch too.

edit to add; Straightback already mentioned the '06. I need to watch it again, but the way I remember it Efren ran 8-out 5 times in 6 games.
          That match with Shannon and Efren is one of the best I've seen. Shannon has a heart of a lion and plays better in the spotlight, unlike many. He's one of the few who doesn't seem intimidated by Efren, like most players are/were. I can say, he's also one of the few that has made Efren get weak, with a banking exhibition.

Comment

Originally posted by backplaying View Post
            That match with Shannon and Efren is one of the best I've seen. Shannon has a heart of a lion and plays better in the spotlight, unlike many. He's one of the few who doesn't seem intimidated by Efren, like most players are/were. I can say, he's also one of the few that has made Efren get weak, with a banking exhibition.
            Of course Shannon made Efrin weak in banks, he's from Kentucky. Growing up in Kentucky, bank pool is taught from grades 1-12. If you can't run five and out, you don't graduit.
            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

The Galveston one pocket semi and finals on You Tube between The Cannon and Effie are also ones not to be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by backplaying View Post
                What I've always admired about his game of one pkt....he seems to always take the correct shot depending on the situation and score. But, his ability to roll the cue ball naturally all the time makes him stand out amongst his peers. This gives him incredible speed control. He seems to most always cue whitey with a rolling or punch center ball.
                Bill Meacham
                WBT
                www.worldbilliardtour.com
                no link....

Comment

Originally posted by keoneyo View Post
                  The Galveston one pocket semi and finals on You Tube between The Cannon and Effie are also ones not to be missed.
                  You're right, bro. It was a good one. I played in that event, so I got to watch some of the final.

Interestingly Shannon had beaten Efren in their match either earlier that day, or the day before to put him on the losers side. They'd played it in the tournament room, where the conditions were semi-ideal. In contrast the TV table was under some of the hottest lights I've ever seen, to where I felt sorry for anyone who had to play on that table. It was like playing on linoleum, it was so fast. The balls slid easily, and all the banks went wide. Shannon looked ill at ease right from the start, and I think he never got completely comfortable; whereas Reyes seemed to rise to the occasion.

~Doc

Comment

Working...
                  X