Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

....PJ....this is my definition of English.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
    ...or with no follow or draw. With a little practice you can get the cue ball to go straight sideways (quite a ways!) from a straight-in shot without breaking a sweat - if the balls are pretty close together and close to the pocket.

    pj
    chgo
    .....hmmmmm !!!!!!

    ....again, You got Me....I'm going to have to see to believe......

    ....I would think You have to have some lateral movement to....go sideways....are You sure You're not contacting the object ball a little off center.....and throwing it into the pocket....?.....
    "...I'll take 9 to 6....ok then...I'll give you 9 to 6..."

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
      .............
      ....because...shit always rolls downhill..............
      "...I'll take 9 to 6....ok then...I'll give you 9 to 6..."

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by onepocket926 View Post
        .....hmmmmm !!!!!!

        ....again, You got Me....I'm going to have to see to believe......

        ....I would think You have to have some lateral movement to....go sideways....are You sure You're not contacting the object ball a little off center.....and throwing it into the pocket....?.....
        You can actually cut the OB (a little) the same direction the CB goes - that's what Mike Page's video demonstrated (with some draw too).

        If a CB with masse can change direction 180 degrees without touching anything this little 90-degree trick with an OB "stopper" is a cakewalk.

        pj
        chgo

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
          If you're talking about "follow overspin", I agree. Here's another video by Mike Page about that (to see lots of Mike's excellent instructional videos, search YouTube for "Fargo Billiards"): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WzyxhCl0vs


          Yes, that's true. Also, slower imparts more than faster.

          pj
          chgo
          yep, thats the vid I was thinking about.

          However, years ago I had a lesson with Mark Wilson and he was showing me a cut shot with what he called "Pro Follow". I believe this was an overspin. It seemed to work when he hit it but I didnt get the same results

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
            You can actually cut the OB (a little) the same direction the CB goes - that's what Mike Page's video demonstrated (with some draw too).

            If a CB with masse can change direction 180 degrees without touching anything this little 90-degree trick with an OB "stopper" is a cakewalk.

            pj
            chgo
            This Man is 75 years old, someone explain how the "change in direction" occurs in his masse shots!

            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK41d2rhC7o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK41d2rhC7o[/ame]

            Comment


            • #21
              ....PJ....this is my definition of English.....

              Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
              You can actually cut the OB (a little) the same direction the CB goes - that's what Mike Page's video demonstrated (with some draw too).



              If a CB with masse can change direction 180 degrees without touching anything this little 90-degree trick with an OB "stopper" is a cakewalk.



              pj

              chgo

              I can attest to this very cool shot. Russell Parsons showed me this shot shooting an 8 ball (sitting dead straight) into a side pocket, and bringing the cue straight sideways to get position for a 9 ball which was sitting on the short rail.
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by mr3cushion View Post
                This Man is 75 years old, someone explain how the "change in direction" occurs in his masse shots!...
                Good lord! Not bad for a 75 year old duff!

                Puts me in mind of some of Sayginer's insane trick shots. Although I think Semih uses a little hair spray on the CB...

                ~Doc

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                  Good lord! Not bad for a 75 year old duff!

                  Puts me in mind of some of Sayginer's insane trick shots. Although I think Semih uses a little hair spray on the CB...

                  ~Doc
                  Here's the "kicker" Doc, the surroundings you see the table sitting is His private "billiard arena" in His 15,000 sq.ft. home in Spain! Not too shabby of a spot to hang your hat!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    What makes the cue ball change direction? Well once the cue ball is traveling in a given direction, it has inertia or momentum and will continue on it’s path until it stops or is subjected to another force. Several things can cause it to change direction:
                    Contact with another object such as a rail or a ball
                    Spin (Either imparted at the time the tip of the cue stick contacts in or picked up from the cloth or contact with another ball or the rail.
                    When we see seemingly miraculous changes in direction, it is usually a result of spin. When the spin overpowers inertia, we see surprising changes in direction.

                    On these fantastic shots, the player imparts tremendous spin on the ball with the initial contact of the tip of his cue. He also impart inertia to the cue ball by pushing it in a given direction. It still has spin when the inertia is neutralized and that is what makes it change direction.

                    How'd I do, Bill?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by petie View Post
                      What makes the cue ball change direction? Well once the cue ball is traveling in a given direction, it has inertia or momentum and will continue on it’s path until it stops or is subjected to another force. Several things can cause it to change direction:
                      Contact with another object such as a rail or a ball
                      Spin (Either imparted at the time the tip of the cue stick contacts in or picked up from the cloth or contact with another ball or the rail.
                      When we see seemingly miraculous changes in direction, it is usually a result of spin. When the spin overpowers inertia, we see surprising changes in direction.

                      On these fantastic shots, the player imparts tremendous spin on the ball with the initial contact of the tip of his cue. He also impart inertia to the cue ball by pushing it in a given direction. It still has spin when the inertia is neutralized and that is what makes it change direction.

                      How'd I do, Bill?

                      Petie, I love you man! ALL I can say is, Patrick couldn't of said it ANY BETTER! JK, Patrick!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X