Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which side do YOU to prefer to break froom playin 1 pocket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I break to the right hand pocket like Rod. What did Artie say?

Comment

Originally posted by petie View Post
      I break to the right hand pocket like Rod. What did Artie say?
      Playing on a level table where neither side roles in or out. And both pockets are equal in size and hanging up. No edge in table condition. If you are right handed do you brake to the right pocket or left pocket.

If you are left handed do you brake to the left pocked or right pocket. i said most right handed players will brake to the right pocket And most left handed players will brake to the left pocket. If both sides have equal roles. And both pockets are equal also. Where neither pocket or side has a edge.

Most players brake to the Pocket according if they are right handed or left handed.

Comment

I prefer breaking to the right pocket for the reason that you can reach most shots more comfortably than shooting to the left pocket. I also believe that when balls are being run on the foot end of the table your potential for running balls is at it's highest, and for a right handed player the right pocket will offer you better opportunities then the left pocket will..when it counts the most.

Bill Incardona
        Last edited by wincardona; 08-25-2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
          I prefer braking to the right pocket for the reason that you can reach most shots more comfortably than shooting to the left pocket. I also believe that when balls are being run on the foot end of the table your potential for running balls is at it's highest, and for a right handed player the right pocket will offer you better opportunities then the left pocket will..when it counts the most.

Bill Incardona
          Ed Zachery lite.
          Rod.
          Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
          (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Right is Right

If the table is level ,I always break to the right hand pocket. One very important reason is when shooting a spot shot it is easier for me to see where to hit object ball. Another reason is, it is easier for me to put right hand English on cue ball when breaking. I have more confidence putting 1 o'clock English with a better touch for speed to hit the rack . Bottom line for me I can see the cut angle better shooting to the right. Dr.Bill said you can reach more shots shooting to right pocket I agree. All you right handed players think what is easier to make a spot shot,I would bet right hand players shoot spot shots to the right hand pocket.

Comment

Which side do YOU to prefer to break froom playin 1 pocket?

Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
              If the table is level ,I always break to the right hand pocket. One very important reason is when shooting a spot shot it is easier for me to see where to hit object ball. Another reason is, it is easier for me to put right hand English on cue ball when breaking. I have more confidence putting 1 o'clock English with a better touch for speed to hit the rack . Bottom line for me I can see the cut angle better shooting to the right. Dr.Bill said you can reach more shots shooting to right pocket I agree. All you right handed players think what is easier to make a spot shot,I would bet right hand players shoot spot shots to the right hand pocket.

I agree, and do the same. Right handed- right pocket.
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Artie Bodendorfer View Post
                Playing on a level table where neither side roles in or out. And both pockets are equal in size and hanging up. No edge in table condition. If you are right handed do you brake to the right pocket or left pocket.

If you are left handed do you brake to the left pocked or right pocket. i said most right handed players will brake to the right pocket And most left handed players will brake to the left pocket. If both sides have equal roles. And both pockets are equal also. Where neither pocket or side has a edge.

Most players brake to the Pocket according if they are right handed or left handed.
                I hope you know that I'm not the only guy on here who listens to your every word. Thanks for answering my question.

Comment

im a righty

This right hander prefers breaking from the left side.

Comment

Originally posted by FastEddieF. View Post
                    I'm right handed, but must be left eyed or left brained or something like that... because according to this, I shoot my spot shots backwards too LOL
                    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                    -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Everyone has said that if the pockets and roll off or lack thereof is the same, they like breaking left to right for righties and visa versa for lefties. Let me through another cog in the mix. I think that another factor influencing your opening break is eye dominance. I actually think this is the main driver in choosing your break choice. Have you ever noticed which english shots you prefer to use in a extreme shot. Lastly, is the monkey see monkey do factor. We learned to play by watching and we saw every rightie break from left to right so it must be the best way to start a game of one pocket.

Comment

@ Jerry

eye dominance
                        I'll bet that's at least part of it... what looks good to you and which side english is more comfortable.

Good shot!

Comment

i am right handed and prefer to break from the right side. after really struggling with my break for a couple of years i really have it dialed in right now. also enormously left eye dominant (i think i always have been but the lasik procedure has really magnifyed it). i know willie jopling advocated right handed players breaking from the right side asto reach rail (cue ball on long rail) shots easier.

Comment

i heard somewhere..

maybe its true that lefties have slightly different visual perception than righties. Many artists are lefties. Wasn't Einstein a lefty ?? It would seem that lefties use a different part of the brain for motor skills. I know that eye sight and depth perception are vital for the whole " eye hand coordination " thing.
                            I'll have to ask my friend Google.
                            to be continued.......

Comment

Left handed; I like to break from the left side (to the right pocket). When shooting toward my opponent's pocket (coincidentally, a lot of the time) my body is out of the way.

pj
                              chgo

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                                I'm right handed, but must be left eyed or left brained or something like that... because according to this, I shoot my spot shots backwards too LOL
                                I realized I'm right eye dominate because I told my son about the post and he is a lefty and right eye dominate and he shoots spot shots on the left side also. there's your answer the eye your dominate on is the way you see the shots better. I deserve a cookie for telling everyone the secret of spot shots and the secret to braking the balls in one pocket.

Comment

Working...
                                X