Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Champions - Nick Varner & Scott Rabon on Commentary!! Sept 30- Oct 2, 2014

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 8 Champions - Nick Varner & Scott Rabon on Commentary!! Sept 30- Oct 2, 2014

    Live coverage from Smokin Aces BBQ & Billiards, 515 Highway 53
    Poplar Bluff, MO 63901.

    Free to watch in person with VIP seating available (first come first served)

    Online is PPV that is accessible from the colored buttons on the home page of www.poolactiontv.com


    ***most players are confirmed but one is subject to change

    Hall of Famer Nick Varner will be joining Scott Rabon making this a "real" One Pocket clinic/course. Don't miss it.

    **All Event pass holders will have access to videos of all matches.
    *** All Event pass holder will also get one entry to the quarterly drawing. (Grand Prize is a Lomax Merry Widow)

    PPV pricing will be: Event Pass 29.95 Day 1~13.95 Day 2 ~15.95 Day 3~17.95 Finals~12.95

    Scott Frost
    Efren Reyes

    Justin Hall out Richie Richeson out Corey Deuel in
    Chip Compton
    Francisco Bustamante
    Joey Gray
    Josh Roberts
    Justin Bergman


    Race to 7
    One Pocket
    True Double Elimination
    2 matches per day.

    Begins on Tuesday September 30th at 12 Noon!!!
    Last edited by Bigtruck; 09-29-2014, 12:44 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bigtruck View Post
    Live coverage from Smokin Aces BBQ & Billiards, 515 Highway 53
    Poplar Bluff, MO 63901.

    Free to watch in person with VIP seating available (first come first served)

    Online is PPV that is accessible from the colored buttons on the home page of www.poolactiontv.com


    ***most players are confirmed but one is subject to change

    Hall of Famer Nick Varner will be joining Scott Rabon making this a "real" One Pocket clinic/course. Don't miss it.

    **All Event pass holders will have access to videos of all matches.
    *** All Event pass holder will also get one entry to the quarterly drawing. (Grand Prize is a Lomax Merry Widow)

    PPV pricing will be: Event Pass 29.95 Day 1~13.95 Day 2 ~15.95 Day 3~17.95 Finals~12.95

    Scott Frost
    Efren Reyes
    Justin Hall
    Chip Compton
    Francisco Bustamante
    Joey Gray
    Josh Roberts
    Justin Bergman

    Race to 7
    One Pocket
    True Double Elimination
    2 matches per day.

    Begins on Tuesday September 30th at 12 Noon!!!
    You don't see Reyes as often in this country anymore -- especially in the midwest. Looks like a great lineup Ray!
    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
    -- Strawberry Brooks

    Comment


    • #3
      Great choice with Varner as commentator! I know that he'd rather be playing, but Nick is a very insightful and knowledgeable commentator-- AND a real gentleman.

      ~Doc

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
        Great choice with Varner as commentator! I know that he'd rather be playing, but Nick is a very insightful and knowledgeable commentator-- AND a real gentleman.

        ~Doc
        Scott is also very good Doc and can play with just about anybody. He is a little under the radar IMO.

        I saw him gamble with a very good well known player in a long session at Derby City and he was more than holding his own.
        JOHN HENDERSON
        Al Romero Cue
        Magic Chalk

        Comment


        • #5
          If anyone would like a piece of the action, we have a few percentages available on the following players:

          Efren - 100% in (some available)
          Bustamante 100% in (some available)
          Justin Hall - 50% in (some available) not in yet
          Josh Roberts - 100% in (some available)
          Corey Deuel - wants to play (some available) not in yet

          akabigtruck@gmail.com or text to 254.379.2569

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bigtruck View Post
            If anyone would like a piece of the action, we have a few percentages available on the following players:

            Efren - 100% in (some available)
            Bustamante 100% in (some available)
            Justin Hall - 50% in (some available) not in yet
            Josh Roberts - 100% in (some available)
            Corey Deuel - wants to play (some available) not in yet

            akabigtruck@gmail.com or text to 254.379.2569
            Bigtruck, are you referring to entry fees, Calcutta, or something else? If entry fees, how much is the entry fee?

            Thanks~

            Doc

            Comment


            • #7
              I just don't see why players would put up 10K eachwhen the house is putting up NOTHING.

              Why not just match up a gamble for the 10K?

              Bill S.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bstroud View Post
                I just don't see why players would put up 10K eachwhen the house is putting up NOTHING.

                Why not just match up a gamble for the 10K?

                Bill S.
                I don't like to speak against any promoter who is promoting pool events, however, I agree with Stroud in that the venue should put up some money as "added money" at least $3,000. When I held my one pocket tournament in Dallas six or seven years ago at Diamonds (my club) we added $5.000 and had a nice turn out.

                I would love to hold this kind of a tournament in Dallas and put up nothing for the players, but that's wouldn't be fair to the players and something I wouldn't do. Are they running a Calcutta? If so then the money taken from the Calcutta pool should go into the prize money. Jmo

                Hope the players play well and enjoy themselves, i'm going to try and make it up there to sweat and maybe do a little "gambling" just a little.

                Dr. Bill

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wish I could get away to go.

                  Right now I have a sick wife and a sick dog. Getting older is no fun.

                  I long for the days when I hung in the pool room without any cares except winning. Life seemed so simple then.

                  Bill S.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                    I don't like to speak against any promoter who is promoting pool events, however, I agree with Stroud in that the venue should put up some money as "added money" at least $3,000. When I held my one pocket tournament in Dallas six or seven years ago at Diamonds (my club) we added $5.000 and had a nice turn out.

                    I would love to hold this kind of a tournament in Dallas and put up nothing for the players, but that's wouldn't be fair to the players and something I wouldn't do. Are they running a Calcutta? If so then the money taken from the Calcutta pool should go into the prize money. Jmo

                    Hope the players play well and enjoy themselves, i'm going to try and make it up there to sweat and maybe do a little "gambling" just a little.

                    Dr. Bill
                    Yeah that is a point of contention with some of the tournaments lately. Regarding the Calcuttas, some of those are HUGE, and my understanding is that money goes to whoever bought the player -- but players usually like to have at least a piece of themselves, right? I don't actually have much first hand knowledge of them because they tend to be small up here. But down south, they seem to often get to 50-75 G's!!
                    "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                    -- Strawberry Brooks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                      ... I would love to hold this kind of a tournament in Dallas and put up nothing for the players, but that's wouldn't be fair to the players and something I wouldn't do. Are they running a Calcutta? If so then the money taken from the Calcutta pool should go into the prize money. Jmo ... Dr. Bill
                      Bill, if all the Calcutta pool money went into the prize fund, then nobody would offer a bet, and there would BE no Calcutta!

                      ~Doc

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                        Yeah that is a point of contention with some of the tournaments lately. Regarding the Calcuttas, some of those are HUGE, and my understanding is that money goes to whoever bought the player -- but players usually like to have at least a piece of themselves, right? I don't actually have much first hand knowledge of them because they tend to be small up here. But down south, they seem to often get to 50-75 G's!!
                        Steve, it's common for whoever is having the Calcutta to take 10% of the entire money bid for the people holding the Calcutta. I'm suggesting that instead of adding money to the tournament all the money generated through the Calcutta (the 10%)should be added to the prize fund.

                        Bill Incardona

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                          Yeah that is a point of contention with some of the tournaments lately. Regarding the Calcuttas, some of those are HUGE, and my understanding is that money goes to whoever bought the player -- but players usually like to have at least a piece of themselves, right? I don't actually have much first hand knowledge of them because they tend to be small up here. But down south, they seem to often get to 50-75 G's!!
                          You're right, Steve. Guys down here are wild about Calcuttas. It's not unusual for the Calcutta money to exceed the tournament prize fund.

                          Years back in New Orleans Wade Crane went in half with me for a 9 ball tournament. He won it, so we split it up, 50-50, minus his half of the bet money. Later I saw him at another tournament and he agreed to go in the same way. But midway through the event he got upset, and hauled ass! So I was stuck with no possible way to win. Oh well, you win some, you lose some...

                          ~Doc

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                            Yeah that is a point of contention with some of the tournaments lately. Regarding the Calcuttas, some of those are HUGE, and my understanding is that money goes to whoever bought the player -- but players usually like to have at least a piece of themselves, right? I don't actually have much first hand knowledge of them because they tend to be small up here. But down south, they seem to often get to 50-75 G's!!
                            Steve, it's common for whoever is having the Calcutta to take 10% of the entire money bid for the people holding the Calcutta. I'm suggesting that instead of adding money to the tournament all the money generated through the Calcutta (the 10%)should be added to the prize fund.

                            Bill Incardona

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                              Bill, if all the Calcutta pool money went into the prize fund, then nobody would offer a bet, and there would BE no Calcutta!

                              ~Doc
                              Art, i'm suggesting that the normal 10% cut the Calcutta promoter gets should be added to the prize fund, not the entire Calcutta pool...

                              Bill Incardona

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X