X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduce Yourself New Members!

Originally posted by MDahmer View Post
    Hey everyone, greetings from MD.

My name is jeff...Dahmer is the nickname I kept from my army days I work in construction, project management.

I’m 32 and I’ve only been playing for 3 years but I’ve put in serious hours, I’m a complete pool fiend.

I always heard one pocket was a slow and boring game, but looking back I can only guess that those people had never actually played or seen it played well. A place I started playing at in VA, fast eddies, seems to be a one pocket haven and I sat and watched a few games one day. The first chance a guy got with a fairly open table he ran 5 or 6 in what seemed a magical display of shot making and cue ball control, and then played a takeout shot which was something I had never seen before. A pretty standard shot I now know but at the time it was so foreign. After that I tried myself to play a few racks and saw just how tough the whole thing is.

Anyway I’ll be lurking around. Anyone from the DMV let’s play some time. I live near Annapolis but I drive around a bit.

Greetings man. Welcome aboard. iF you really get around think about driving down to Philly in the beginning of June for our Members tournament. Not sure that you would qualify to play (need 20 posts) but there’s games all around and you could meet a bunch of the folks in this group. Just throwing it out there since you aren’t too far. Anyway... welcome! Mitch
    Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

• Hey I’m Ike Runnels

Comment

• Originally posted by Ike Runnels View Post
        Hey I’m Ike Runnels
        Well hello Ike, and welcome to onepocket.org!! There, you got your first post under your belt, now don’t be shy, I hope you get comfortable with posting because you are a player that has a hell of a lot of experience and insight — if you are willing to share a. bit of what you know!!!
        "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
        -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Hey I’m Ike Runnels
          Welcome to the forums Ike.

Comment

• hi ike
            i met you at bogies last october
            hope you will post 'what would you do" (wwyd)
            in some of our threads
            WELCOME
            larry (lll)

Comment

• pete saxton fl

ever play pool at cockpit lounge near miami airport in mid 70s

Comment

Hey I’m Ike Runnels
                Well there goes the neighborhood.

Comment

• Been awhile

Hello gang, this is Dean Ragland. I have been busy working for many years and very rarely posted anything in a long while or even played pool. I recently had gotten a call from my friend Robert Newkirk telling me about a one pocket tournament in Pennsylvania. Well I went and I played in it. Boy I sure knew where I stood when I started hitting balls. Whew! I’ve been out of the game too long to compete. I’ll get back to playing and see if it comes back to me. I look forward to playing youse guys soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamond Dean View Post
                    Hello gang, this is Dean Ragland. I have been busy working for many years and very rarely posted anything in a long while or even played pool. I recently had gotten a call from my friend Robert Newkirk telling me about a one pocket tournament in Pennsylvania. Well I went and I played in it. Boy I sure knew where I stood when I started hitting balls. Whew! I’ve been out of the game too long to compete. I’ll get back to playing and see if it comes back to me. I look forward to playing youse guys soon.
                    Dean...

It was so good to meet you this weekend and I really hope you had a great time... Hope to see you at future events.

Jeanne

Comment

• dean
                      i had a blast meeting /playing/and getting to know you.
                      i hope we get a chance to meet again.
                      be well my friend
                      larry

Comment

• New to the forum.

Larry G from Pasadena MD.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryG View Post
                          Larry G from Pasadena MD.
                          Welcome to the site Larry!

Steve has another local to him ~

Comment

• New member; long time lurker. Been over on AZB for over a decade. Finally joined here when looking for info on Cole Dickson.

Glad to finally be a member.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster8001 View Post
                              New member; long time lurker. Been over on AZB for over a decade. Finally joined here when looking for info on Cole Dickson.

Glad to finally be a member.
                              Welcome to the site, don't be shy and get in on some posts!

Comment

• Hey this is Ike Runnels. I got a black Predator P3 for sale if anybody interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X