1p.org sponsored dcc player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfigueroa View Post
    I appreciate Dustin’s support. He’s a great friend.

As to the rest, Larry, I like one pocket.org, love the game of 1pocket, but I do go days without logging on and you’re right, lately I don’t post much anymore. But in all fairness, contributions to the site have never been an essential criteria for nominating or sending a player to an event.

If you go back through my posting history here you’ll see that over the years I’ve contributed thoughtful posts, original stories, and trip reports from the events I’ve attended, including numerous DCC’s and US Opens. A couple of years ago I organized onepocket.org member dinners the night before the US Open in Vegas and have attended Steve’s HOF dinner several times at the DCC. I’ve bought the official onepocket.org polo shirt, auction items, and photos from Steve. And though I may not play at the speed of some guys, I do OK and have been featured on a couple of TAR streams from The Open and also done commentary. In spite of that there really seemed to be very little member support to send me to the Open earlier this year and after I had to bail because of my Mom, I think like maybe one guy expressed concern about that and wished me well.

So now I post more on AZ. I write for myself but I also like to get good feedback. And at least along with the whatever flak I get on AZ there’s much positive reward, as anyone can see by responses I get there to my to my stories. On onepocket.org, not so much. The last time I wrote a story and posted it on AZ someone here just ripped it off and re-posted from AZ and it barely got a response here. And nowadays the majority of the threads here seem to be WWYDs, which I’ve never cared for. You can never really see the true angles and understand the game context, so it’s folks arguing the old, “how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.”

So again, thanks Dustin. I appreciate it.

Lou Figueroa
    lou
    i hope you know i have supported your nomination in the past and would again with no hesitation if you are selected.
    i believe from our conversations/pms we are on good terms
    its just a case of do we reward someone who puts in /contributes regularly to the site or do we pick the best player who has the best chance of going deep into the tourney to showcase us regardless of how often they are posting/contributing????
    since its not clear the criteria i guess nominations are suggested for different reasons
    personally im more for rewarding those that spend more time posting and contributing
    guys like rod/ghost/senor for example i think should get the nod before mitch or dan because of their seniority
    you are "tweener" because you have contributed and been a member a long time but dont participate on a regular basis
    its not personal and i think everyone mentioned so far is a worthy candidate

Comment

support

I would also support Rod, or the Ghost. Either has a larger percentage to place higher than me in the tournament. Count me in to support the effort regardless of the choice.

Besides I have already paid my entry fees.

My vote for MC however at the hall of fame, has to be Dr. Bill, he knows just about everyone and has stories to keep the evening rolling along. We all know come hell or high water he will attend... what say you Dr. Bill...

B

PS thanks for the kind words Larry...it was my pleasure to serve...hell of a ride...
      Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

Comment

I vote for Ghost too!!

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
        What about The Ghost? Been on here contributing longer than anybody, has and is capable of beating anyone in a short race*, goes to DCC every year and IMO deserves a chance to represent us at the Derby.

* Came out one ball difference with me after three days, and I can really play.

You guys sent me to the open three years ago, give Ghosty a chance. Who would enjoy it more than him.
        I second everything John says. The Ghost is my vote to represent at DCC1

Comment

I think the Ghost would make a fine representative not only of onep.org but one pocket in general. His devotion and spirit to the game is awesome and admirable. I would be the first to put my 2 cents and more into the kitty if he is selected. I think he should wear all white though as a true Ghost would.

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
            The player that I would like to see get in would be Rodney, I would like to watch him play in the tournament, he has a very interesting game that I feel would give many good players problems. Don't know his plans but he's got my support. I would also like to see "senor" take a shot at it, Rod is very high on his game and I respect that, so those are my two picks. But I would support any one that we pick, good luck to all.

Dr. Bill
            Originally posted by petie View Post
            I second the motion.
            Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
            Sounds great to me as well.
            Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
            What about The Ghost? Been on here contributing longer than anybody, has and is capable of beating anyone in a short race*, goes to DCC every year and IMO deserves a chance to represent us at the Derby.

* Came out one ball difference with me after three days, and I can really play.

You guys sent me to the open three years ago, give Ghosty a chance. Who would enjoy it more than him.
            Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
            I'll second that pick for Ghosty. He's a one pocket man through and through and a music man too, so that seals it to me. Rod doesn't go to DCC, does he?. I would back him with a small contr also if he went. Ghost, check the Christmas Carol I am putting up in the video section by Bonamassa. He just published it to you tube the other day.
            Originally posted by wgcp View Post
            I would also support Rod, or the Ghost. Either has a larger percentage to place higher than me in the tournament. Count me in to support the effort regardless of the choice.

Besides I have already paid my entry fees.

My vote for MC however at the hall of fame, has to be Dr. Bill, he knows just about everyone and has stories to keep the evening rolling along. We all know come hell or high water he will attend... what say you Dr. Bill...

B

PS thanks for the kind words Larry...it was my pleasure to serve...hell of a ride...
            Originally posted by DWS View Post
            The Ghroast is a fine choice, I've never played a tourney, and will keep that record alive.
            Thanks to all that thought of me, I'm to old to stand up to the schedule and wouldn't represent OPG well.
            Would love to see old friends and meet new ones, but can't stand not playing and would be bored. Long trip to leave early, but have before.
            Thanx again.
            Rod.
            Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
            (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by DWS View Post
              I thought the Ghost had already been one of the early ones to represent us.

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                The player that I would like to see get in would be Rodney, I would like to watch him play in the tournament, he has a very interesting game that I feel would give many good players problems. Don't know his plans but he's got my support. I would also like to see "senor" take a shot at it, Rod is very high on his game and I respect that, so those are my two picks. But I would support any one that we pick, good luck to all.

Dr. Bill
                Yup, very good choice (my endorsement too late, it turns out.)

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                  lou
                  i hope you know i have supported your nomination in the past and would again with no hesitation if you are selected.
                  i believe from our conversations/pms we are on good terms
                  its just a case of do we reward someone who puts in /contributes regularly to the site or do we pick the best player who has the best chance of going deep into the tourney to showcase us regardless of how often they are posting/contributing????
                  since its not clear the criteria i guess nominations are suggested for different reasons
                  personally im more for rewarding those that spend more time posting and contributing
                  guys like rod/ghost/senor for example i think should get the nod before mitch or dan because of their seniority
                  you are "tweener" because you have contributed and been a member a long time but dont participate on a regular basis
                  its not personal and i think everyone mentioned so far is a worthy candidate

Larry, of course we are good.

But you know, I've been to all but a few of the Derbys and most of the Opens since the late 90's. I have played in many other events and just met guys from the forums at rooms all over the country and have written trip reports, original stories, given my opinion on how to play, honestly reviewed products, provided the occasional bon mot, and engaged in more than one back and forth. IOWs, I have freely written about my experiences for near 20 years.

So if someone wants to take issue with how much time I've spent posting and contributed, that's fine.

But for all of those years and events I have paid my own entry, airfare, hotel, gas money, and whatever else. I go, play, eat and drink well, and meet friends from all over the country. And whether onepocket.org sponsors me now or never will make not a wit of difference to me. I'll still go and have a ball.

But please don't tell me I haven't participated at a worthy level.

Lou Figueroa

Comment

The ghost

I would just like to support the nomination for the Ghost.

He is a passionate player.

Threatens to go deep.

Contributes a ton.

And, since I've been contributing to his DCC fund pretty regularly, I figure if he is our horse, then my donations is already taken care of!

Clyde

Comment

I'm curious about something.

Is this sponsor someone who loves the game?
                      Someone who contributes? (and what does contribute mean?)
                      or Someone who will go deep and make money back?

I ask because most people love the game, a lot of people contribute, few will go deep or get money back.

If this is about true love of the game, then I'd be included in the list.
                      If this is about who has a chance to go into the later rounds, then as my friends at Red Shoes say, "I aint got a prayer"

Comment

dcc rep

Gotta be the ghost.He not only loves the game,it's his religion.His lessons are worth the tuition and he wants us all to excel.You can't teach heart or desire and he's got plenty of those.I,too have contributed and would send more, but I need 10% of his winnings.Learned that from him too.

Comment

1p.org sponsored dcc player

The ghost is a great choice of course. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419170742.473026.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	389955
                          Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by u12armresl View Post
                            I'm curious about something.

Is this sponsor someone who loves the game?
                            Someone who contributes? (and what does contribute mean?)
                            or Someone who will go deep and make money back?

I ask because most people love the game, a lot of people contribute, few will go deep or get money back.

If this is about true love of the game, then I'd be included in the list.
                            If this is about who has a chance to go into the later rounds, then as my friends at Red Shoes say, "I aint got a prayer"

In recent years here it has been about who can go deep, at least on paper.

Guys that have been contributing for years get by-passed for someone who comes out of the wood work and, because they are superior players, get the nod.

I have always said it should be about guys that support the group, love the game, and are regulars here, but the majority believe it should be about sending someone who will represent with a good performance, regardless of their minimal track record with the group.

Lou Figueroa

Comment

So what?

Originally posted by petie View Post
                              I thought the Ghost had already been one of the early ones to represent us.
                              It doesn't matter at all whether he has gone or not. The list of players FROM THE SITE and are good enough and CONTRIBUTE to the site has been exhausted. Contributing to the site is most definately a main criteria. Why send someone to represent if they don't contribute? That makes no sense. Travis whatever? Who the F% $# is he? Never heard of him on the site or off.Never have seen a single post from him. The ghost has been continually contributing since the sites inception. Criteria aside, it should boil down to votes by site members, in which case if you go back and look the Ghost has the most votes. The people have spoken.

Comment

I am torn here between two of my best friends on this forum. Decency would dictate that I stick with my original horse, Rodney.

Comment

Working...
                                X