1p.org sponsored dcc player

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
The player that I would like to see get in would be Rodney, I would like to watch him play in the tournament, he has a very interesting game that I feel would give many good players problems. Don't know his plans but he's got my support. I would also like to see "senor" take a shot at it, Rod is very high on his game and I respect that, so those are my two picks. But I would support any one that we pick, good luck to all.

Dr. Bill

Yup, very good choice (my endorsement too late, it turns out.)

lfigueroa

Verified Member
lou
i hope you know i have supported your nomination in the past and would again with no hesitation if you are selected.:)
i believe from our conversations/pms we are on good terms
its just a case of do we reward someone who puts in /contributes regularly to the site or do we pick the best player who has the best chance of going deep into the tourney to showcase us regardless of how often they are posting/contributing????
since its not clear the criteria i guess nominations are suggested for different reasons
personally im more for rewarding those that spend more time posting and contributing
guys like rod/ghost/senor for example i think should get the nod before mitch or dan because of their seniority
you are "tweener" because you have contributed and been a member a long time but dont participate on a regular basis
its not personal and i think everyone mentioned so far is a worthy candidate
:)

Larry, of course we are good.

But you know, I've been to all but a few of the Derbys and most of the Opens since the late 90's. I have played in many other events and just met guys from the forums at rooms all over the country and have written trip reports, original stories, given my opinion on how to play, honestly reviewed products, provided the occasional bon mot, and engaged in more than one back and forth. IOWs, I have freely written about my experiences for near 20 years.

So if someone wants to take issue with how much time I've spent posting and contributed, that's fine.

But for all of those years and events I have paid my own entry, airfare, hotel, gas money, and whatever else. I go, play, eat and drink well, and meet friends from all over the country. And whether onepocket.org sponsors me now or never will make not a wit of difference to me. I'll still go and have a ball.

But please don't tell me I haven't participated at a worthy level.

Lou Figueroa

Cloidius

Verified Member
The ghost

The ghost

I would just like to support the nomination for the Ghost.

He is a passionate player.

Threatens to go deep.

Contributes a ton.

And, since I've been contributing to his DCC fund pretty regularly, I figure if he is our horse, then my donations is already taken care of!

Clyde

u12armresl

Verified Member
I'm curious about something.

Is this sponsor someone who loves the game?
Someone who contributes? (and what does contribute mean?)
or Someone who will go deep and make money back?

I ask because most people love the game, a lot of people contribute, few will go deep or get money back.

If this is about true love of the game, then I'd be included in the list.
If this is about who has a chance to go into the later rounds, then as my friends at Red Shoes say, "I aint got a prayer"

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
dcc rep

dcc rep

Gotta be the ghost.He not only loves the game,it's his religion.His lessons are worth the tuition and he wants us all to excel.You can't teach heart or desire and he's got plenty of those.I,too have contributed and would send more, but I need 10% of his winnings.Learned that from him too.:D

lfigueroa

Verified Member

I ask because most people love the game, a lot of people contribute, few will go deep or get money back.

If this is about who has a chance to go into the later rounds, then as my friends at Red Shoes say, "I aint got a prayer"

In recent years here it has been about who can go deep, at least on paper.

Guys that have been contributing for years get by-passed for someone who comes out of the wood work and, because they are superior players, get the nod.

I have always said it should be about guys that support the group, love the game, and are regulars here, but the majority believe it should be about sending someone who will represent with a good performance, regardless of their minimal track record with the group.

Lou Figueroa

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
So what?

So what?

I thought the Ghost had already been one of the early ones to represent us.

It doesn't matter at all whether he has gone or not. The list of players FROM THE SITE and are good enough and CONTRIBUTE to the site has been exhausted. Contributing to the site is most definately a main criteria. Why send someone to represent if they don't contribute? That makes no sense. Travis whatever? Who the F% $# is he? Never heard of him on the site or off.Never have seen a single post from him. The ghost has been continually contributing since the sites inception. Criteria aside, it should boil down to votes by site members, in which case if you go back and look the Ghost has the most votes. The people have spoken.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I am torn here between two of my best friends on this forum. Decency would dictate that I stick with my original horse, Rodney.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ

I have a few comments on this subject. first i don't understand what difference it makes if the player sent has a good chance to go deep. has anyone sent by this site finished in the money and then gave the site a % back to us? if so was it a reasonable %? i feel the person sent should be someone who contributes, in a positive and respectful way, here at op.org and we have plenty of that type of person. i also think that those members who are putting up their cash should be the ones who make that final choice. lastly i know eventually the site will send a member for the 2nd time but i don't think that should happen until MANY qualified members have had a chance to go. maybe there should be a time frame like you can't go twice i any 10 year period.
just my feelings but i really wanted to say it. keith

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I am torn here between two of my best friends on this forum. Decency would dictate that I stick with my original horse, Rodney.

Petie- I liked Rod as well when he was first mentioned, but didn't he say that he is not attending?

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I would just like to support the nomination for the Ghost.

He is a passionate player.

Threatens to go deep.

Contributes a ton.

And, since I've been contributing to his DCC fund pretty regularly, I figure if he is our horse, then my donations is already taken care of!

Clyde
I support Ghost too, for all the reasons Clyde does and more. Not only can he go deep, is a loooong time regular and contributes more lately than almost anybody, but he also reflects some of the best of 1P.org's "personality".

And he brings me muffins.

Go Ghost!

pj
chgo

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Throw names of people that are going in a hat that haven't been chosen yet and pick one.

Along these lines... Not for this year but maybe in the future..... Have the 1p.org mini on Saturday and whoever wins it, wins the chance to be our horse..... With the caveat that you can only represent every x years. Just a thought.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Count me in on a contribution to the fund...I agree that Ghost plays well and would be a good nominee for all the right reasons.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Thanks a lot John H. and all the other bro’s for all of the nominations and the kind words - I truly appreciate it

And if elected, I hereby solemnly swear to fulfill these three promises to the electorate ----->

#1. I will bring to the DCC – muffins! - for all onepocket.org members!:)

#2. I promise not to stall, in order to raise the bet, :eek: when gambling with any onepocket.org members…:D

#3. I WILL NOT LOSE to any female players if I draw them in the tournament <----Not that this could possibly ever happen to any of us, wink, wink…ROFLMAO.

- Ghost

Last edited: