Ghost vs. Bert 1 wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Bert 1 wwyd

Looks like things are a little slow..so here's another semi-end game situation for youse guys..was just playing cheap with a friend here for $10 a game...

My shot - I'm ahead of Bert 5-4 - both going to 8 - my pocket is top right in this picture...wwyd ----->
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

as patrick said
    there is plenty of me to shoot at....
    my first inclination
    ps the object ball is probably heading to the middle diamond on the long rail
    pps the 11 ball looks like it blocks the 2 railer on the 3
    Click image for larger version

Name:	my shot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	390021

Comment

Goin' for the gold...

pj
      chgo

[ATTACH]27701[/ATTACH]
      Attached Files

Comment

I would shoot Larry's shot. It takes a ball from Bert's side and sends it toward my pocket, and keeps the cue ball at the head of the table. Pretty wise and also safe.

Patrick's shot is more imaginative, but not as routine for me. This three-railer would not be as obvious to me. My choice would be to hit the ball in the face and leave the cue ball there. I'm not at all certain that I could create both his tracks. I think I would have to go after one or the other. I don't want to go downtable with the stone and leave all those possible banks, perhaps including the stripe I was banking. This is the old man writing . . .
        If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
          as patrick said
          there is plenty of me to shoot at....
          my first inclination
          ps the object ball is probably heading to the middle diamond on the long rail
          pps the 11 ball looks like it blocks the 2 railer on the 3
          [ATTACH]11560[/ATTACH]
          This is my first choice, killing whitey with inside/low gets me easily to the head rail, and maybe behind the red.
          Bill Meacham
          WBT
          www.worldbilliardtour.com
          no link....

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
            Goin' for the gold...

pj
            chgo

[ATTACH]27701[/ATTACH]
            I was thinkin' about that shot but wondering if it was crazy. If it looks as good at the table, I think I'd shoot it.

Comment

I love the idea of banking the 11 and dropping under the 3-ball, but it looks like if you got the 11 close to your hole, the cue ball would be traveling farther than the 3 area -- or at least bumping into the 3, in such a way that you couldn't necessarily control what you left on the 3-ball. I might play the 11 but load up with inside english so as to stay above the 3 and go more directly across the table instead.
              Attached Files
              "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
              -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

I like the 5 ball straight back. With the CB that close to the OB it's a least a 50% make. The CB would probably nick the 3 on the way off the head rail, which would take away a return bank on the 3 if the 5 were missed.

The 11 ball bank is good, but it must either be made, or left short. Otherwise the opponent has a free bank either the 5 or 3 balls.

If the Ghost was feeling wild 'n crazy he might have tried PJ's trick shot.

~Doc

Comment

5 Straight Back

I agree with Doc on the 5 straight back, also knowing that the Ghost is good to make it 9 out of 10 times.

Comment

Originally posted by DWS View Post
                    I agree with Doc on the 5 straight back, also knowing that the Ghost is good to make it 9 out of 10 times.
                    WOW ! What a banker, if he makes a prop of this I'll come to DCC.
                    Rod.
                    Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                    (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

wwyd

kick bank the 11 near your hole, shouldn't leave much for Bert

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
                        Goin' for the gold...

pj
                        chgo

[ATTACH]27701[/ATTACH]
                        I love these shots, but draw is going to shorten that ball up and I don't like the angle and where the cue ball may end up using high inside, which might be the only way to get it long enough.

I like Doc's shot as the most makeable and at least get it near the hole forcing a defensive reply.
                        JOHN HENDERSON
                        Al Romero Cue
                        Magic Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                          I was thinkin' about that shot but wondering if it was crazy. If it looks as good at the table, I think I'd shoot it.
                          The shot's easy enough (I make it or get close consistently), but it's hard to get the CB to go that far down the long rail - it hits the long rail closer to the side pocket and ends up in the middle of the foot rail, dangerously close to selling out the striped ball there.

pj
                          chgo

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                            I love these shots, but draw is going to shorten that ball up and I don't like the angle and where the cue ball may end up using high inside, which might be the only way to get it long enough.
                            Hit almost full and hard with 9:O Clock the CB goes there easily. The angle will make the OB go too long.
                            Rod.
                            P.S. Try it out. The harder you hit the longer it goes, compresses the rail I think.
                            Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                            (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

I like this shot, hit cue ball with low left english leaving some off angle banks on the long rail.

{attach}83001{attach}.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X