?Washington DC?

Aaron871

Just moved to Washington DC (actually Merrifield, Va which is on the West side at the 495 Beltway)

Been out of the game for 10 years, just picked up a cue and decided to go again.

Looking for the 1P rooms on the West side of DC.... any help is appreciated.

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
Va Pool Room

Va Pool Room

Try Champion Billiards in Shirlington. Go in and talk to Bill Stephen the owner.He is a good guy and a good 1pkt player . Not too far from Merrifield. Good luck.

Aaron871

Try Champion Billiards in Shirlington. Go in and talk to Bill Stephen the owner.He is a good guy and a good 1pkt player . Not too far from Merrifield. Good luck.

That place changed names, wonder if Bill is still the owner...

Aaron871

Champions is now Lucys Brews and Cues, new owners.
But you can still get played, nice guys that will play cheap even if they don't know you. Reasonable rates, food, beer, ect. There is a live band late on the weekends and karaoke on some week nights. 8-ball league is on Tue. and Thurs. (I stay the hell away from that crap).

Que Ball 1 is the 1P action room.
It's all the way on the East side of Washington DC in a getto area, bright lights, no music, no food, no booze, it's a strange atmosphere to me. But all the players are 1P. As usual, everyone in the room thinks the new guy is Hustling, so no action for me....

Fast Eddies are all no action and no 1P as far as I can tell. Its a good place for me to brush up on some stuff.

What else am I missing?

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
Champions is now Lucys Brews and Cues, new owners.
But you can still get played, nice guys that will play cheap even if they don't know you. Reasonable rates, food, beer, ect. There is a live band late on the weekends and karaoke on some week nights. 8-ball league is on Tue. and Thurs. (I stay the hell away from that crap).

Que Ball 1 is the 1P action room.
It's all the way on the East side of Washington DC in a getto area, bright lights, no music, no food, no booze, it's a strange atmosphere to me. But all the players are 1P. As usual, everyone in the room thinks the new guy is Hustling, so no action for me....

think you may be referring to the place on Central Ave? True 1P played there but like you say, you may have to have a recommendation. Tuff but good crowd

Fast Eddies are all no action and no 1P as far as I can tell. Its a good place for me to brush up on some stuff.

Fast Eddie's in Springfield DOES have 1P action but only during the day hours. If you went afternoons ... believe it's a different atmosphere than you what you may have seen

What else am I missing?

upstairs poolroom in Sterling is where the other poster was talking, near Dulles airport (playing Shuff but Brandon is now in Richmond Va)