Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does one play and gamble in Baton Rouge?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where does one play and gamble in Baton Rouge?

    Where does one play and gamble in Baton Rouge?

  • #2
    Greenway

    Originally posted by BackPocket9Ball
    Where does one play and gamble in Baton Rouge?
    The Greenway on Greenwell Springs Rd.
    JMO,ICBW.............$Bill

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the info.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hemicudas
        The Greenway on Greenwell Springs Rd.
        $Bill


        I had heard that the Greenway had closed. Did someone re-open it?


        Lunchmoney

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Lunchmoney
          $Bill


          I had heard that the Greenway had closed. Did someone re-open it?


          Lunchmoney
          Scott Pardo, from Baton Rouge, won the 8 man, actually person, Sarah Rousey was in it, ring game in Starkville last week said it was open and running. Fly Boy doesn't own it any more though. Don't know who has it. Use to be the best actioin in the country, south of Detroit. It's now called the New Greenway.
          Last edited by hemicudas; 11-11-2005, 11:51 AM.
          JMO,ICBW.............$Bill

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by hemicudas
            Scott Pardo, from Baton Rouge...
            Hemi, is Scott from Baton Rouge or Monroe? The guy is playing very well.

            Doc

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gulfportdoc
              Hemi, is Scott from Baton Rouge or Monroe? The guy is playing very well.

              Doc
              The Professor first announced him as being from Monroe but changed it after Scott enlightened him. He did end up playing well, Doc but if I were told to "Shoot Again" as many times as Scott was I might even get in stroke, LOL. I doubt if they will be telling him that in the future. I understand why Tim told him to shoot again the last time. It virtually assured Tim of being in the money and knocked Sarah out, in 4th place. I found it amazing that Sarah was money leader, with a chance to win it all, before she missed that 9 ball down the rail at $400 per man. Why did she shoot it so damn hard?
              JMO,ICBW.............$Bill

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hemicudas
                Scott Pardo, from Baton Rouge, won the 8 man, actually person, Sarah Rousey was in it, ring game in Starkville last week said it was open and running. Fly Boy doesn't own it any more though. Don't know who has it. Use to be the best actioin in the country, south of Detroit. It's now called the New Greenway.
                Is it in the same shopping center on Greenwell Springs Road as the original? Same building? I wonder if Buddy Bonacaze has anything to do with it?

                Lunchmoney

                Comment


                • #9
                  S.r.

                  Originally posted by hemicudas
                  It virtually assured Tim of being in the money and knocked Sarah out, in 4th place. I found it amazing that Sarah was money leader, with a chance to win it all, before she missed that 9 ball down the rail at $400 per man. Why did she shoot it so damn hard?
                  You didn't have any jellybeans on Rousey, did you?
                  Doc

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lunchmoney
                    Is it in the same shopping center on Greenwell Springs Road as the original? Same building? I wonder if Buddy Bonacaze has anything to do with it?

                    Lunchmoney
                    It's at 8515 Greenwell Springs Rd., Lunch. That sounds like the old address. I haven't been there in a long time though. Don't really know.

                    No, Doc, I didn't bet on her but was very proud of the way she played up until she missed that 10 ball. I am a Sarah Rousey fan. She is a very classy lady as well as having a ton of heart. Very mature for her years too. Plus the fact she is a Chicago area product and a White Sox fan, as am I.
                    JMO,ICBW.............$Bill

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Greenway

                      The Greenway you remember is no more. The place is still there, and might be open, but I wouldn't go without four deputies. A lot of the action has been in the parking lot in recent years. One or two deaths that I know of.

                      If anything is happening, it will be at Bayou Billiards, 10090 Florida Blvd. There is also a Click's, near I-10 and College Drive, but I think it is more like a night club. But it's right around the corner from Hooters.
                      If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X