What's your high run?

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
short rack and long rack, and what is your next highest? If multiple times, how many? Obviously it counts if you run 5, break and run some more.:)

Oh, one more thing, how long ago was the high run?

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
banking out

banking out

I drew Dave Matlock in a mini-bank tournament about 6 years ago in a race to two. I banked 5 and out back to back against Dave.
Big JIm

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
CaliRed said:
short rack and long rack, and what is your next highest? If multiple times, how many? Obviously it counts if you run 5, break and run some more.:)

Oh, one more thing, how long ago was the high run?
I have not played much bank pool and only short rack at that. I know one time last year I owed one and banked six and out. Felt good :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Big Jim said:
I drew Dave Matlock in a mini-bank tournament about 6 years ago in a race to two. I banked 5 and out back to back against Dave.
Big JIm
Now that is pretty damn good!

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Funny this came up, I was just playing full rack and needed/ ran 7. Never ran more than 5 in short-rack:rolleyes: . Though I've started out needing 7 in that game, too:mad:.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
newfosgatesucks said:
Funny this came up, I was just playing full rack and needed/ ran 7. Never ran more than 5 in short-rack:rolleyes: . Though I've started out needing 7 in that game, too:mad:.

Full racks,8. Short rack,2 fives and a 2. Racked up 9 last week, ran em all.

Good luck floats in the air too. Sometimes it lands on you!;)

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
How about that 6/out you put on me after you scratched and I played safe a few sessions back? I liked it as much as I hated it.

That says something about my safe playing, or your shot-making one.

blackeee said:
Full racks,8. Short rack,2 fives and a 2. Racked up 9 last week, ran em all.

Good luck floats in the air too. Sometimes it lands on you!;)

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
fred bentivegna said:
...really want to know?

Beard

There are still some live witnesses.
I sure do... especially the top level bankers that have made that their game for a long time......there will be no investigation into anyone's claims in this thread:)

There's no prizes involved, so hopefully everyone will be honest.:D

As a show of honesty, since I've probably only got to play banks a total of about 100 games in my entire lifetime, my high run is probably a 4. Probably done it 2 or 3 times. (hard for me to remember going into the next rack, so could have been a little higher) Rest of the highs were 2 or 3's on average.

I should probably make it a goal to play banks for a month straight and see if I can raise that score:eek:

John Brumback

Verified Member
Ummm 38!! JK 37 no Jk again. I could have possiably ran a few more but my high run that sticks In my mind the most was a 19. It was In lex,KY back In about 87 or 88. GC 9 fter. At the dcc this last year I had an unfinished 12
then In my second match an unfinished 13. Can I count that? Guess not,
well crap. John B.

Peso

From
Fruita, Colorado
fred bentivegna said:
...really want to know?

Beard

There are still some live witnesses.
Heck yeah, I'd like to know. By the way, loved the GosPool. Finished it in one night and let a friend read it, and the ex-friend never brought it back. Thanks for taking the time to post on here. That's really neat.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
John Brumback said:
Ummm 38!! JK 37 no Jk again. I could have possiably ran a few more but my high run that sticks In my mind the most was a 19. It was In lex,KY back In about 87 or 88. GC 9 fter. At the dcc this last year I had an unfinished 12
then In my second match an unfinished 13. Can I count that? Guess not,
well crap. John B.
That's pretty sporty John!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Now that...

Now that...

blackeee said:
You betcha Freddy.

....I can post this kind of stuff with impunity, many 8 and outs, but the runs I remember most were, three 5 and outs against One Eyed Tony Howard (a great player from Corbin, Ky) on the bar table. We didnt make it to a fourth game.
Playing Wade Crane 9 to 8 at Johnston City, 1970 for $50 a game, ran out the whole 9 and ending that session. Playing Steve the Dasher 10 to 8 at the Billiard Cafe in Chicago for $50 a game, ran the 10 and out and then 6 more off the break the next game. Owed one playing Chicago Heights Louie for $500 a game, and banked 9 and out at the 4 B's Club. At the time Louie was an up and coming bank pool phenom but he never recovered from that 4k beating.

Finally, while practicing during a tourn at Madison Billiards in Rockford, IL, scattering 15 balls evenly around the table, and starting with cue ball in hand, banked off all 15 and then 12 more out of the next layout. Joey Gold, the Cognoscenti cue maker sweated it. We were pals then, but he and I havent talked in 10 years so I aint sure if he would be so kind as to confirm for me.

The last time I banked 8 in a game was about 9 months ago.

Ah, the memories....

Beard

bstroud

Verified Member
Just happened to be watching the Eddy Taylor DVD last night.

He stated that his high run in bank pool was 37 in Ashville nc.
A 12, a 15 and a 10.

Bill Stroud

John Brumback

Verified Member
bstroud said:
Just happened to be watching the Eddy Taylor DVD last night.

He stated that his high run in bank pool was 37 in Ashville nc.
A 12, a 15 and a 10.

Bill Stroud

Dam that's stout.You noticed my 38 and 37 didn't you? By the way.. what dvd Is that, If you don't mind me asking? Is It him playing or talking?
I would like to see him hit some. John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Seriously?

Seriously?

John Brumback said:
Dam that's stout.You noticed my 38 and 37 didn't you? By the way.. what dvd Is that, If you don't mind me asking? Is It him playing or talking?

Are you serious about the 37 and 38? The reason I ask is that Eddie Taylor claims that as his high run, 37. I wasnt sure if you were talking about yourself or Eddie Taylor.

You can seen Taylor talk about his 37 at this link on my site.
http://bankingwiththebeard.com/?p=1078

Just clik on, Grady interviews Taylor, Rood, Beanie and Red part 1

Beard

bstroud

Verified Member
John Brumback said:

John,

I is a DVD about Taylor that someone gave me last September. I just got around to watching it last night. He talks a lot but also shoots some banks. Makes it look easy. I think Alfie Taylor (no relation) must have made it because I hear his voice asking questions.

Bill

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
bstroud said:
John,

I is a DVD about Taylor that someone gave me last September. I just got around to watching it last night. He talks a lot but also shoots some banks. Makes it look easy. I think Alfie Taylor (no relation) must have made it because I hear his voice asking questions.

Bill

Is there anyway you can send me a copy? If it would be allright, I would be more than happy to convert it to a file and host it on the Internet, so everyone could watch it. There's so little of our hero's from yesteryear. There's probably a whole bunch of video's and such, that people may have, but no one else knows about or will ever get to see. A shame, I say. Anything anyone ever wants to send me, I will get converted over and get uploaded to the Internet so all of us fans can watch.