Buddy Vs Jones #?

senor

Verified Member
lll said:
its the hill game
jeremy just broke
its buddys shot
View attachment 2808

I don't know how I would get there, but I would make sure Double J was straight in on the 9 ball from the top right pocket. Whether that be by taking an intentional or by shooting a power shot, I can't tell.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
its the hill game
jeremy just broke
its buddys shot
View attachment 2808
I would like to shoot the 3 ball into the 2 ball and draw the cue ball to the top rail doubling him up behind the 9 ball. This shot is risky because how closely the cue ball is to the rail. Understanding this it wouldn't be a bad idea to take an intentional and reposition the cue ball up table near the top rail behind the 9 ball.

I agree with senor

Billy I.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
I would like to shoot the 3 ball into the 2 ball and draw the cue ball to the top rail doubling him up behind the 9 ball. This shot is risky because how closely the cue ball is to the rail. Understanding this it wouldn't be a bad idea to take an intentional and reposition the cue ball up table near the top rail behind the 9 ball.

Billy I.
billy that was the first shot i saw too:)
except i would have put him between the 5 and the 8
p.s. do you remember that foot shark thing??

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:

Billy I.

Thats the 1st shot I saw Billy...You would have to hit it pretty bad not to accomplish what you said. On a table I was remotely familiar with, that could be a "game changer". (maybe even on an unfamiliar table, it would still work)..;)

IMO, its the right shot..:p

PS..Hope you are doing OK...You are spending a lot of time on here, spreading your wisdom..Have you gone into hibernation from action ?..:cool:

PS..I am planning on Vegas (Lenny is my chauffer)...Hope to see you there...I plan to be there with both guns blazing...hope it works out this time...:eek:

View attachment 2810

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:

I agree with senor

Billy I.

The CB on the rail makes it tougher. I follow these sometime with 3 or 4 rails slowing the CB.
It's hard to show because of the short table.;)
Rod.
PS, JJ really broke'em swell for the case game !

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Thats the 1st shot I saw Billy...You would have to hit it pretty bad not to accomplish what you said. On a table I was remotely familiar with, that could be a "game changer". (maybe even on an unfamiliar table, it would still work)..;)

IMO, its the right shot..:p

PS..Hope you are doing OK...You are spending a lot of time on here, spreading your wisdom..Have you gone into hibernation from action ?..:cool:

Thanks, i'm trying to heal it's been 10 weeks since my surgery and i'm still experiencing quite a bit of pain. I'm starting to get pain around my hip area, especially in the morning it usually last for about 4 to 5 hrs. before it lessons. I have been hitting balls the last 4 days, on an average of about 2 hrs. a day. I get pretty sore with pain from playing, but i'm not allowing that to deter me i'm still practicing. Hopefully I will get my body in better shape and be able to play a 4 or 5 hr. session, maybe longer. I would be pretty bored if I had to quit playing, i'm sure you know what I mean. Hope your doing better, it's no fun when we cant get around. Good luck and get busy.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
The CB on the rail makes it tougher. I follow these sometime with 3 or 4 rails slowing the CB.
Rod.

That's a good option, and probably the right way to play the shot providing the angle allows you to get up table. Even if your unable to get behind the 9 ball your still going to leave him distance and straight in, that's always an ally.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
billy that was the first shot i saw too:)
except i would have put him between the 5 and the 8
p.s. do you remember that foot shark thing??
I don't think you have the right angle to do that, even if you did it would be very risky. A sell out would be possible, why take that chance without a reward.

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Rod.

Thats also a good option, Rod...It looks like that may allow you to scatter more balls, out of the stack, toward your hole..;) It does require a lot firmer stroke though, whreas the draw uptable, carries very little risk (if any)..:cool:

PS..By all means, either way... don't double bank someting, and leave him a hanger, or a "deady"... But you can't guard against every thing, can you ?...That would be "perfect, mistake free" one pocket...:eek:

PS..Billy I...see my last post edit.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
That's a good option, and probably the right way to play the shot providing the angle allows you to get up table. Even if your unable to get behind the 9 ball your still going to leave him distance and straight in, that's always an ally.

Billy I.

The shot is a good shot you dont need too draw the cue ball.

Its a natural angle to go one rail off the side rail too the end rail.

The shot is aoutomatick. Shooting the other way is too hard too control the cue ball and were its going. Its not a natural angle.

senor

Verified Member
androd said:
Rod.

Thanks for diagramming the shot I was too lazy to describe Rod :) I like that shot too.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
The shot is a good shot you dont need too draw the cue ball.

Its a natural angle to go one rail off the side rail too the end rail.

The shot is aoutomatick. Shooting the other way is too hard too control the cue ball and were its going. Its not a natural angle.

The angle is not a problem and you can shoot the cue ball with eme power to force the angle.

And the balls will open up real nice for you. And he will be down the end raill looking at nothing.

And you turn the shoot around on the player. If Both shots are shot ten times.

You will se a mistake being made way more times drawing the ball then forceing the the angle with the cue ball its not even close shoot it and see.

Go ahead John Brumback shoot both shoots 10 times and let me no witch shot you like.

If youre not use too creating a different angle with power then just shoot it a fewtimes tell you get the feel off the shot.

And let me no what shot is it easier too make a mistake on. Anybody can shoot the shjot 10 times and see the difference.

Shoot it and be youre own judge.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
heres buddys shot into the 14?? ball
he scaters alot of balls and ends up up table in the corner everyone wanted to get to
11.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
If I understand your diagram correctly, he hit the stripe and then drew the CB about 8 or 9 feet to get it to the upper right corner. He had to whack it pretty good, and he moved a lot of balls. Looks like it came out okay, but I am wondering whether he could envision all that motion before he shot, or was there quite a lot of blind faith involved? How many of our group would have chosen to do that, rather than take a scratch to reach the same position? I believe he moved all except seven balls.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
vapros said:
If I understand your diagram correctly, he hit the stripe and then drew the CB about 8 or 9 feet to get it to the upper right corner. He had to whack it pretty good, and he moved a lot of balls. Looks like it came out okay, but I am wondering whether he could envision all that motion before he shot, or was there quite a lot of blind faith involved? How many of our group would have chosen to do that, rather than take a scratch to reach the same position? I believe he moved all except seven balls.

The shot Buddy chose was a good choice because he has the ability to control the cue ball where he needed to put it. It's not a type of a shot that I would advise shooting,

Buddy felt confident that he could play the cue ball where it ended up, and knew he would get fairly good action with the shot. He felt that considering the position of the balls, and the options that he had available to him that his choice was a good one. It looks like he was right.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
The shot Buddy chose was a good choice because he has the ability to control the cue ball where he needed to put it. It's not a type of a shot that I would advise shooting,

Buddy felt confident that he could play the cue ball where it ended up, and knew he would get fairly good action with the shot. He felt that considering the position of the balls, and the options that he had available to him that his choice was a good one. It looks like he was right.

Billy I.

Not too good Billy if he goes off the 7 ball behind the ten ball buddy is almost fionished.

And he can kiss the 7 ball off the 4 ball I think it is and sowe him up very tight behind the ten ball.

Buddy is in big trouble. But it depends what Jeromie shoots.

And he looks like a very smart one pocketr player too me.

He oppened up everything for Jeriomy and thats not good.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Not too good Billy if he goes off the 7 ball behind the ten ball buddy is almost fionished.

And he can kiss the 7 ball off the 4 ball I think it is and sowe him up very tight behind the ten ball.

Buddy is in big trouble. But it depends what Jeromie shoots.

And he looks like a very smart one pocketr player too me.

He oppened up everything for Jeriomy and thats not good.
I understand that Jeremy has a shot to put Buddy in trouble, but you have to agree that Buddy came up with a very creative shot and controlled the cue ball beautifully. Now Jeremy is going to have to make a good shot to strengthen his position. It does look like he can come off the 7 ball, but it doesn't look like a natural shot he's probably going to have to use a little draw with the shot and there's no guarantee that he'll succeed. But that's the beauty in watching champions play, they keep coming with good shots.

Buddy could of gotten a better result if a ball would of wound up close to his hole, but that's the problem with playing shots like the one Buddy just shot. Nevertheless it was a very creative shot that could of worked out better than it did. Jeremy now has a possible shot on the 7 ball off the 4 ball and a chance to put Buddy in serious trouble. But he still has to perform.

Billy I.

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I understand that Jeremy has a shot to put Buddy in trouble, but you have to agree that Buddy came up with a very creative shot and controlled the cue ball beautifully. Now Jeremy is going to have to make a good shot to strengthen his position. It does look like he can come off the 7 ball, but it doesn't look like a natural shot he's probably going to have to use a little draw with the shot and there's no guarantee that he'll succeed. But that's the beauty in watching champions play, they keep coming with good shots.

Billy I.

When you play enough one pocket the angles become aotumatic and you see the angles a lot clearer than most good players.

And playing good 3 coushion billiards helps you too see angles even better.

Because you play the secon and tired rails.

Tree coushion players see theese angles better then pool players.

Because the are use to creating different angles way more the pool players.

Because that what trhe game is all about playing 3 coushion billiards.

Im not talking about position Im talkiing about what angle too get hit a little speed or english.

.And 3 coushion is more about the caroms then pool.

And from playing three coushion I see the angles a lot better then pool players.

And what I have to do to get that angle.

By shooting the shot And when I see the cue ball and the 7 ball the angle is aoutomatick to me you dont have too do anything.

The cue ball will drope in perfect. And a lot off pool players have a problem with judging those shots.

Because they realy dont see the angle the cueball will take.