Any Ronnie Allen DVD's or Videos Out There?

Bohemian

Been looking high & low for some Ronnie Allen DVD's or videos, new or old, whatever and I can only find ONE on http://www.accu-stats.com/

Item: J.R. Gay vs. Ronnie Allen* (DVD)
SKU: 1P98-05D

Besides the Platis-McCready v. R.A. one where Ronnie is playing every other shot one-handed while McCready-Platis are taking turns...

Its a shame that there is not more easily found footage on the guy Jersey Red stated was the greatest one-pocket player of all time...

thanks in advance.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Bohemian said:

Been looking high & low for some Ronnie Allen DVD's or videos, new or old, whatever and I can only find ONE on http://www.accu-stats.com/

Item: J.R. Gay vs. Ronnie Allen* (DVD)
SKU: 1P98-05D

Besides the Platis-McCready v. R.A. one where Ronnie is playing every other shot one-handed while McCready-Platis are taking turns...

Its a shame that there is not more easily found footage on the guy Jersey Red stated was the greatest one-pocket player of all time...

thanks in advance.
Bohemian "Its a shame that there is not more easily found footage on the guy Jersey Red stated was the greatest one-pocket player of all time...

thanks in advance."
Were u saying "JackJerseyRedbest " was the best of all-time ? or were you saying Jersey Red said Ronnie Allen was? Just looking for clarification This is like M. ALI compared to M.Tyson

Ronnie was the best in for two decades

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I have a match between Ronnie Allen and Bill Incardona on DVD, from a west coast tournament in 1992. (This was prior to the ER WOP revolution that saved the game). I don't think either of these guys was aware that the game was dying at that time. I suppose they know now. :D

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
vapros said:
I have a match between Ronnie Allen and Bill Incardona on DVD, from a west coast tournament in 1992. (This was prior to the ER WOP revolution that saved the game). I don't think either of these guys was aware that the game was dying at that time. I suppose they know now. :D

OMG ,
Vapros that was so funny. Fifty people state that WOP had so little to do with 1pocket growing popularity. E. Robin wants to get the book published again, I for one would buy it, but only a half dozen people believe the book is responsible for the gain in popularity after '93. All I know is that L Figueroa said in St Louis it was extremely popular, and I added between Richmond and Philly it was hugely popular.

Ronnie Allen was the best in the country in the 60's thru the 80's ... I'd like to see Incardona vs Allen.

Dr. Robin has a motive, I don't think he honestly believes that his book added more than a 10% contribution to the games "rise in popularity" after '93.

I believe it is one thing to say "WOP helped resurect the game" as opposed to "WOP aided in the games popularity".

I'll tell you this I went to 4 major OnePocket Tournaments between '91 and '94 and the top 10 feared players for action were
Ronnie Allen
Allen Hopkins
Bugs Rucker
Grady Mathews
Eferen
the other 5 was a toss up for tourney vs action players (with a tie among 10 others to fill the other spots)
I think Ronnie was well into his decline as the dominant but still hugely feared

2 cents
ER will surely turn this thread into something else

Bohemian

Bohemian "Its a shame that there is not more easily found footage on the guy Jersey Red stated was the greatest one-pocket player of all time...

thanks in advance."
Were u saying "JackJerseyRedbest " was the best of all-time ? or were you saying Jersey Red said Ronnie Allen was? Just looking for clarification This is like M. ALI compared to M.Tyson

Ronnie was the best in for two decades

Clarification...

According To Former World Champion & Hall of Famer Jimmy Reid...
Jack (Jersey Red) Breit told it like it is (or was), he said; ” With plastic balls, Ronnie Allen is the greatest one pocket player of all time.”
http://freepoollessons.com/site/pool-stories/ronnie-allen/?lang=en

IMHO at the time Jersey Red made that statement, I am sure it was true...

tylerdurden

Verified Member

That must be from the same guy that sis the mark tadd tapes i have. He has a youtube channel i think. I forget the guy's name. Those are some great tapes, supposedly the guy has like a thousand of them all to his lonesome self, haha. I have a mark tadd vs billy incardona 9 ball tape, and a mark tadd vs parica short rack bank pool tape. is it just me, or was pool A LOT more exciting back then???

RobertDuke

I have a match with Ronnie allen playing 2 handed and one handed partner one pocket vs Keith Mccready and Harry platis Very entertaining to watch.. Allot of shark moves and allot of one pocket moves...