Legendary players

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the guys who always get mentioned
shouldnt there be some category to get into the hall of fame??
for example harold worst and hubert cokes
just to pick 2
their names always come up as great players
why arent they in???

guys like clem that freddy nominated
all you old timers know who should be in there even posthumously
im not saying this year
and maybe we need a category for those whose skill doesnt deserve induction
but played enough (with weight) to be talked about
so that there names live on

im biased to earl heisler who is in eddies books and was maybe a ball below the best
but he ran an action house
the sports palace in new orleans
and took on all who would come thru
even if he had to put on the crawfish/shrimp boilers to get some steam to make the tables wet to win:D
just sayin

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I agree. I nominated two bankers that are long gone but if here today would be among the top. Let's get the older players in first. Even if they are not champions.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Larry, this is something we have kind of done in the past, where we took the highest vote getter among the living, as well as the highest vote getter among the deceased. However, that seems to be confusing to many voters, since we did not have completely separate polls. My current thinking is to now and then -- not every year -- hold a separate ballot just for the deceased candidates.

Marvin Henderson in 2009 was the last player in the deceased category for One Pocket.

My own feeling is that both are important -- I mean there is nothing better than seeing a living player get inducted. On the other hand, it has been very powerful to see family members and descendants accept on behalf of deceased players. (And in the case of Steve Cook, it was his father Ken who accepted -- it clearly meant a great, great deal.)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, this is something we have kind of done in the past, where we took the highest vote getter among the living, as well as the highest vote getter among the deceased. However, that seems to be confusing to many voters, since we did not have completely separate polls. My current thinking is to now and then -- not every year -- hold a separate ballot just for the deceased candidates.

Marvin Henderson in 2009 was the last player in the deceased category for One Pocket.

My own feeling is that both are important -- I mean there is nothing better than seeing a living player get inducted. On the other hand, it has been very powerful to see family members and descendants accept on behalf of deceased players. (And in the case of Steve Cook, it was his father Ken who accepted -- it clearly meant a great, great deal.)

steve
whatever you decide im in support
you know that:)
even if maybe a category called
"the unsung heroes"
or
not so famous famous
or as artie would say
"characters"
again not this year just an idea
to keep some of these guys who may not have been the best
but played a game the best respected