Alex and Scott

OPBEAST

Verified Member
OK, They are about to start and Scott has already told Alex that jump cues are allowed. Boo!

5. Jumping
Players may use jump shots in One Pocket as long as they are performed with the player's own standard playing cue using legal jumping techniques as defined in General Rules.

*Specialized jump cues are not permitted in One Pocket.*

Well scratches mind as well not count, too. lolol!

1andDone

Verified Member
From
Ocean Springs, MS
OK, They are about to start and Scott has already told Alex that jump cues are allowed. Boo!

HHmmm... did they discuss that and agree or did Scott just TELL Alex they were allowed? That is something to which I certainly would not agree, but it's their match, their rules. I hope Alex rips him a new one... again.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Jump Cues

Jump Cues

Kind of disrespects the game IMO, but if I was betting 25k and was behind, I might look for any angle that might help.

Not any big advantage either way.

azbombero

I understand it's a bar converted to a pool room...but the music is loud enough to be distracting. They advertised, promoted and sold the stream. The commentary is part of the event and I want to hear it all. Enjoyable so far with only a few stream "bumps."

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
I watched to the end and commented in another thread, however, I understood all started at 4 PST, however, last night the announcer said 5pm Pst or 8 here on the EC? I am not sure now.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Kind of disrespects the game IMO, but if I was betting 25k and was behind, I might look for any angle that might help.

Not any big advantage either way.

It took place in private conversation when the broadcast had just been turned on. They were discussing this and another rule which I did not hear. It was more like Scott was announcing it to Alex and when Alex tried to say something about it, Scott said, "That's the way it is and I'm using it." or words to that effect. In my opinion, this is all just a move on Scott's part. It is designed to be a surprise to Alex and make him slightly uncomfortable. Yes, it disrespects the game.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
It took place in private conversation when the broadcast had just been turned on. They were discussing this and another rule which I did not hear. It was more like Scott was announcing it to Alex and when Alex tried to say something about it, Scott said, "That's the way it is and I'm using it." or words to that effect. In my opinion, this is all just a move on Scott's part. It is designed to be a surprise to Alex and make him slightly uncomfortable. Yes, it disrespects the game.

I dont doubt that Alex will agree to anything to get Scott in the game. Scott started the match off strong but he is not playing "Power One Pocket" and the idea of playing the game the way Alex plays one pocket will wear Scott down and .........out.
If you notice how Alex plays, very deliberate, very conservative, it is not breaking the balls up, it is not shooting a shot without knowing where every ball is headed, it is pushing his balls to position, and hiding his cue ball on nearly every shot. Alex plays near perfect moving(At least towards the end) and this breaks Scott down. The difference between the position type of one pocket Alex plays, and the geared up style of Scott, determines that this will cause Scott to break down. Plus, Scott is missing shots he cannot afford to miss when playing Alex. Missing easy shots is something Scott has always been prone to do.
My sound and picture are intermittent and they should have more than one camera shot. Even I have two cameras. I dont care for the announcers, not enough depth to their thinking. Dont tell me the shot they are shooting, I already know which shot it is, give me some theory.:lol:lol

1andDone

Verified Member
From
Ocean Springs, MS

That's kind of what I thought it probably was. Scott is a great player, indeed, but I really don't much care for his attitude and demeanor. Sure, they're gambling. Sure, they both want to win. But I like the guy who is straight up, doesn't try put a move on his opponent, then lets his cue do the talking on the table. The guy who is humble when he wins, and humble when he loses. Scott is neither...

Triple Smart

Verified Member
Exactly! Alex is one of the most methodical players i have seen. If not THE most. That would wear any good player down. Not sure how you would beat him? Lol
Sure as hell wont out move that guy! Scott is a great player but he has some hard work ahead of him.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Dont tell me the shot they are shooting, I already know which shot it is, give me some theory.:lol:lol

The force of gravity is directly proportional to the product of the two masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance of separation.

In other words, Scott's going DOWN! :heh

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
The force of gravity is directly proportional to the product of the two masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance of separation.

In other words, Scott's going DOWN! :heh

Are you trying to say, E=MC(2) equates to Alexs domination of one pocket, therefore Scott S=2a+2b+3c (2)(0)= zero?:lol

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I look for this match to be called, or rearranged to a race. Playing 8 hours a day isn't long enough to break the spirit of either player.

They are so close in ability that it's going to be nearly impossible to get 8 ahead, they have proven that already, 3 days, 1 game difference.

A long race might be a good solution, say a race to 25 played over two days, streamed once again, only this time a guaranteed winner. I'll buy it again.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Scott

Scott

Scott may not win, but he has sent a message to any doubters that he is back. If anyone can beat Alex, it is Scott.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I look for this match to be called, or rearranged to a race. Playing 8 hours a day isn't long enough to break the spirit of either player.

They are so close in ability that it's going to be nearly impossible to get 8 ahead, they have proven that already, 3 days, 1 game difference.

A long race might be a good solution, say a race to 25 played over two days, streamed once again, only this time a guaranteed winner. I'll buy it again.

I have to agree Jeff, they need to extend the daily time to 12 hours.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Scott may not win, but he has sent a message to any doubters that he is back. If anyone can beat Alex, it is Scott.

You're right John,
He's fresh, and he's ready, and he wants it, they both do!! it is going to be epic, but I don't see a winner under this format. Two more days on this see-saw and they will most likely change the format to a long race or just chalk it up as a draw.

That's how I see it, I could be wrong, but they are both strong willed and determined to be the best. Those bragging rights carry big weight with both players, egos abound, as they should with that much talent.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well in a nutshell, they both play at an incredible level, and both of them bank great and run balls with the best of them. Scott gets higher marks on creativity*, but Alex a little higher in execution. But the real difference that I see is that Alex has more patience, and he has observed that Scott will now and then cough up a bad shot (* hence the asterisk when it comes to Scott's creativity) because sometimes Scott gets too aggressive with his creativity when he should not -- i.e. when he is well ahead in the score, or the score is even but with the balls are in favorable position for Scott.

I think a big part of Alex's strategy is to patiently wait for Scott to make these mistakes, which result in some games swinging from Scott over to Alex. In a closely contested match, these occasional game swings add up and take their toll. If Scott can reign it in when he has the advantage then I think he has a chance to win. If he doesn't, I think it is going to be tough for Scott to win back games he lost when he should not have.

That's my opinion, lol.