Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Trying Again Cap Poll

out if respect to those that have a higher probability to attend than me

i have refrained from voicing an opinion or voting

however fwiw i agree with mitch

but take my opinion with a grain of salt since i am not likely to be able to attend

Just to emphasize something for me personally. I am fine no matter how many people are in this thing. I don't care all that much. It's going to be a blast no matter what! I gave the 32 opinion because I was asked and want it to go smooth but whatever is fine. 👍

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Just to emphasize something for me personally. I am fine no matter how many people are in this thing. I don't care all that much. It's going to be a blast no matter what! I gave the 32 opinion because I was asked and want it to go smooth but whatever is fine. 👍

That summarizes my thinking too. I am very happy to be able to go to this and will definitely have my camera and cue with me!! I am booked to arrive Friday midday and leave Monday morning no matter whether the tournament starts Friday or Saturday -- I can't take any more time off.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
32 Max

32 Max

Since it's the first time doing this at Lacy's, the chances of the final day running waaaaaaay late are lessened. Not knowing their business/employee situation, it's probably best to NOT run into the am hours of the next day JIC the room owner wants to do this again. Also, seeing as this event is put together by us/at one pkt dot org. and the room owner is NOT put to task/expense of advertising etc. is simple

Our concept, of us guyz organizing the event/players/advertising etc. with Zero expense/time to the room owner, is a win win for both sides.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
out if respect to those that have a higher probability to attend than me
i have refrained from voicing an opinion or voting
however fwiw i agree with mitch
but take my opinion with a grain of salt since i am not likely to be able to attend

WHAT!!!

Larry, I will be sorely disappointed if you cannot find a way to attend this event... You are one of the most prolific posters and contributors to Onepocket.org... You had better have broken a leg or worse if you cop out on this one pal, or else you are going to hear it from me ( and others I'm sure ) about not attending!!!
As to the vote... I'm good with whatever shakes out... The tournament would run smoother no doubt if entries were held to 32... However, lots of people are planning their trip on the assumption that a slot will be available for them regardless of the vote... And I would find it impossible to shut out anyone who has made the journey to be with and meet new friends, just because he happened to be # 33...

Most have expressed their opinions about this dilemma, and all have sound reasoning behind their voiced opinions. It is the first year of putting this together and in a perfect world everything would run smooth, but the world ain't perfect... It's not unreasonable to have a glitch or two the first year, just so long as we come together and have a good time and finish the tournament by late Sunday afternoon things will be fine.

As Steve, our founder expressed, next year we will have more time plus the experience of one gathering under our belt, so it should only get better every year.

I'm pumped about this one... :) Hey, I'm 72, if the wind blows I get excited..:)