Filler/ Chohan May 12-13th

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'm curious to know how everyone is doing in wwyd's in this match when its not an obvious shot, lolollolllollolllollolll

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Tony is a terrific straight shooter and ball runner, besides being an unbelievably creative mover, but Joshua runs balls like nobody in the world. I give him the edge there. But Tony obviously has a big edge in moving and One Pocket knowledge in general. I think this match is a race between how quickly Tony gets real comfortable with the table, versus how quickly Joshua catches on to enough One Pocket!! That's what makes it so much fun to watch!! Big thank you to Roy's Basement, the players and Alex Lely for the stream, the play and the commentary!

If you are watching, chip in a little to support Roy!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
its been a great match
when tony won/stole that game at 4-2 and down 7-0
and then got to 9-6 in games i thought tony was in the drivers seat
but give filler credit for shooting his way back to be ahead after the first day
but with balls in the foot square they both can run 8's
so any miss or sliver of a shot
makes whoever gets rolling the favorite regardless of the score at that time
cant wait to watch today

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Wow Filler!!!! I thought he was going to be a great player in the rotation games after he won the worlds title. But he one pocket is ........fantastic. Tony made too many uncharacteristic misses which gave Filler some easy run outs. I say easy because that is how he made them look. His patterns are not there completely yet, but as fast as he learns, he may be there today. He is not afraid of Tony but Tony needs to quit showboating and concentrate. I did not get to see much. My roof is torn off and we had some buttoning up to do in the rain. Today is clean-up and letting the roof dry out. Supposed to rain the rest of the week.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wow Filler!!!! I thought he was going to be a great player in the rotation games after he won the worlds title. But he one pocket is ........fantastic. Tony made too many uncharacteristic misses which gave Filler some easy run outs. I say easy because that is how he made them look. His patterns are not there completely yet, but as fast as he learns, he may be there today. He is not afraid of Tony but Tony needs to quit showboating and concentrate. I did not get to see much. My roof is torn off and we had some buttoning up to do in the rain. Today is clean-up and letting the roof dry out. Supposed to rain the rest of the week.
That's a nice thing about Roy's stream -- you can watch whenever it works for you because he leaves it up for further viewing -- not just live!!

baby huey

Verified Member
I have played many a match where I was outgunned offensively. Some I won some I lost. When I lost, I tended to try to play to my opponents strength by shooting offensively way too much. Do I have any answer for Tony? No, but if I am going to lose, i'm going down playing my game. Filler possesses no fear of his ability to score. He may well keep Tony on the ropes and make him play scared. Today's match should be dramatic and I hope we see a hill hill thriller. I want Tony to win today but regardless this young great ball striker is going to be a FORCE in One Pocket matches in the future. He may well become the GOAT if he stays with the game. I see Alex, Busty and Dennis giving Filler some action. Wouldn't that be fun to sweat?

Eengat

Verified Member
That shot by Tony
He went for the combo
He was looking at the line off of the short rail into it