Kitty Corner Bank W/ Safety

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Thanks Cooler! I just do not do these banks, like one off, but I work up to them most usually, well at least on these specialized banks. It is not like when I was playing for real and putting in 7 hrs. everyday of practice and a portion of that was dedicated to banks, for where I played you had to know banks for it was such an important part of 9-ball shoot-out. You had to do one off, but on this bank once I started videoing, I came close on first try, and made it on the 2nd try.
So I am educating myself, for instance on this shot I had to learn what english to use to come around just right to get behind the stack.
I am just know realizing that the time I am putting in on these banks, the members get this knowledge without putting in anytime, just watch the video, and I do the ground work.
The problem is, my memory is not good, and I find myself probably needing to review my own bank threads just to once again learn how I did those banks. Whereas when I was 16 and just got to play very little, an hour here or there during a week, I would stop in Brighman's pool hall and on his snooker table set up a double cross corner bank with ob just 1/2 diamond, or less, from the corner and just off the rail, and make it first time, and every time whether it was a week or two in-between doing it, it was my favorite shot. But at that age once you make something you then have instant recall and it is simple to make it again, and those rails banked oh so perfect!

But, this bank represents an alternative to kicking the ob, especially when there is a stack to park the cb behind. Whitey

Last edited:

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I have liked that shot for a while because of how easy the cue ball plays, Very nice execution as always
THank you for the videos
chris

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Catkins, you seem like a very knowledgeable OP player. I like many of your wwyd posts. I was really just missing around with a z bank from that position, but very hard, it would be much better @ 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 diamond instead of off the 1st diamond. So I decided to show how to bank off the 1st diamond and still tie up on the stack.
Thanks for the post, I really appreciate you joining in on this and the bank forum. Whitey

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Very nice control of the shot Whitey. Yeah , I'm with you on the memory stuff , I remember 90% of the kids in my first grade classes first and last names and could tell a funny story about many of them, but I can't retain anything I learn now, for a month, unless I constantly refresh it.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
Catkins, you seem like a very knowledgeable OP player. I like many of your wwyd posts. I was really just missing around with a z bank from that position, but very hard, it would be much better @ 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 diamond instead of off the 1st diamond. So I decided to show how to bank off the 1st diamond and still tie up on the stack.
Thanks for the post, I really appreciate you joining in on this and the bank forum. Whitey
Thank you I really like this new format on the website since it lets me just go to all the new posts and comment on every thing that is of interest