Sacramento July 5th 1p tournament

Masta Cruz

From
Fresno, CA
Flyer attached. Oscar is taking entries via PayPal to secure a spot. So far there is 6/32 confirmed including myself.

I’m very happy he scheduled the one pocket for Sunday and the nine ball Saturday. Usually it’s the opposite and I get terrible sleep before driving up for the Saturday tournament. This time I can come up Saturday evening for small action/warmup and be rested for the Sunday tournament.

DE7E64B7-5143-4044-816C-3797F113A72F.jpeg

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
-Masks when not playing, eating or drinking
-Socially Distanced Dining Tables will be placed throughout the pool room to discourage gathering in one area
-Tables and Balls will be sanitized between each match and No Practicing Between Matches

Masta Cruz

From
Fresno, CA
Good luck Chris.

Thanks Jim, no matter my performance I’ll consider it a win if I don’t bring any virus home with me.

-Masks when not playing, eating or drinking.

Myself and a friend of mine who is considering playing the nine ball event had confusion on the mask issue. I assumed that reads masks are mandatory when playing your match. My friend thinks that means you don’t have to wear mask while in a match.

Could you get clerification please?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I had second thoughts about going (maybe two seconds), and after staying home for three months and no one pocket, I will be there. Right or wrong, people are out everywhere, some wearing masks and just as many without. I certainly do not want to get sick, but I don’t want to rot away and not enjoy my life either. I miss one pocket and all my pool playing friends and am looking forward to this a great deal. I will be 81 a few days after the tournament and who knows how many good years I have left.

I talked to a friend in Florida yesterday and they have shut down the two pool rooms he frequents. This could be happening again very soon here the way the virus numbers are going up.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Thanks Jim, no matter my performance I’ll consider it a win if I don’t bring any virus home with me.

I don’t know about the tournament but I’ve been wearing a surgical mask while playing. It bothered me a little in the beginning but I’ve gotten used to it.

Myself and a friend of mine who is considering playing the nine ball event had confusion on the mask issue. I assumed that reads masks are mandatory when playing your match. My friend thinks that means you don’t have to wear mask while in a match.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

I stopped in the pool room Friday. People are wearing masks in, and when playing, pulling them down or taking them off altogether, depending on who they are playing with. I am guessing it will be the same for the tournament, but not sure.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Heh, heh. The "added" money is coming out of the players' green fees...:) Still, I'm sure everyone is anxious to get into competition. We'll expect updates...

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
“BIG IF” we go to Yosemite as planned, then we could be in Sacramento to watch. The last report of the COVID-19 was no travel except for necessity. Plus there has been an outbreak at the hospital where my wife manages the second floor. We might not even be able to leave if she gets tied up.` I’ll take my streaming stuff with me just In case. I may even donate because that is all I would be doing after not playing for so long.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
You're braver than I am, John. I think. I'd love to play, I miss it bad, I can get away, the price is right, but you should have seen the look of disbelief on my wife's face when I told her I might go. She's probably not wrong. It's an unfair dilemma and really hard to believe it has gotten this out of ****ing control.

I had second thoughts about going (maybe two seconds), and after staying home for three months and no one pocket, I will be there. Right or wrong, people are out everywhere, some wearing masks and just as many without. I certainly do not want to get sick, but I don’t want to rot away and not enjoy my life either. I miss one pocket and all my pool playing friends and am looking forward to this a great deal. I will be 81 a few days after the tournament and who knows how many good years I have left.

I talked to a friend in Florida yesterday and they have shut down the two pool rooms he frequents. This could be happening again very soon here the way the virus numbers are going up.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'm sure we're all stir crazy at this point and I hope you all stay safe and healthy if you go. Crazy or not, it will take a vaccine to get us out again..hope it comes sooner rather than later!!!!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
You're braver than I am, John. I think. I'd love to play, I miss it bad, I can get away, the price is right, but you should have seen the look of disbelief on my wife's face when I told her I might go. She's probably not wrong. It's an unfair dilemma and really hard to believe it has gotten this out of ****ing control.
Tobermory,
I got a stir crazy self quarantined anxiety attack, so I went out and hit a few bars and played some pool. I kept a distance, and washed my hands regularly. But, my wife understandingly got upset and said I can live in the shop for 2 weeks with my bar friends, I do not want to catch this virus. So I immediately went and got checked for the virus, last Wednesday, 3 to 5 days to get the results back, which would be today or tomorrow.

It is scary that I could harm the people I love. I now can not be around my grandkids, I made a huge mistake.
I do not want to go through this ever again, so back to hibernation, waiting for the next wwyd, and keeping my fingers crossed that the test results are ok.
So I respect your decision! My wife was out of town at my daughters, so she was not here to stop me. So your lucky your wife put a stopped it!

So I told my wife about the Sacro tourny, and first thing she said; "are you going". Whitey

Last edited:

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
players only
I suspect that Oscar is going to want to keep it as comfortable as possible. Meaning, keep spectators to an absolute minimum to enable distancing, create comfort for participants and to please the city and county.

While it was from the HT Sac Facebook post, regarding masks being worn; I also suspect he would prefer people to wear masks whenever possible. Obviously you can't really comply while eating, but it is not that much of a detriment to playing pool.
Frankly; it might help people to focus their game? Haven't most all of us found ourselves with some ache or pain - but played well due to specifically focusing through it?

I'd love it if someone would stream table 5.. (hint - hint)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Tobermory,
I got a stir crazy self quarantined anxiety attack, so I went out and hit a few bars and played some pool. I kept a distance, and washed my hands regularly. But, my wife understandingly got upset and said I can live in the shop for 2 weeks with my bar friends, I do not want to catch this virus. So I immediately went and got checked for the virus, last Wednesday, 3 to 5 days to get the results back, which would be today or tomorrow.

It is scary that I could harm the people I love. I now can not be around my grandkids, I made a huge mistake.
I do not want to go through this ever again, so back to hibernation, waiting for the next wwyd, and keeping my fingers crossed that the test results are ok.
So I respect your decision! My wife was out of town at my daughters, so she was not here to stop me. So your lucky your wife put a stopped it!

So I told my wife about the Sacro tourny, and first thing she said; "are you going". Whitey
Is it safe? Is it safe? Hint Dustin Hoffman
I'm not sure if we are even going to be leaving Port Angeles. The hospital where my wife manages has had an out break. She has been trying to keep the staff together since Friday night. The Hospitals managing Doctor said be within five hours. Is that rain or shine? Hopefully the test on the others that came into contact while working will be clean. If we go down Whitey, lets play some for a few days. Roatate banks and one pocket. Stream will be available either by Oscar, Oscars crew, or moi. If J R Hendy is going to be there, I will have to be close buy so he doesn't rip his mask off after Tober man lucks another one in.

Last edited:

Masta Cruz

From
Fresno, CA
I had second thoughts about going (maybe two seconds), and after staying home for three months and no one pocket, I will be there. Right or wrong, people are out everywhere, some wearing masks and just as many without. I certainly do not want to get sick, but I don’t want to rot away and not enjoy my life either. I miss one pocket and all my pool playing friends and am looking forward to this a great deal.
I completely agree John

...but you should have seen the look of disbelief on my wife's face when I told her I might go. She's probably not wrong. It's an unfair dilemma and really hard to believe it has gotten this out of ****ing control.
Same with my mother, she’s not happy either.
It is scary that I could harm the people I love.
This is my primary fear. I don’t mind risking my health, it’s bringing anything home to my parents and such.

But I’m also back to the gym, so is my mother. And I think a gym is the worst place imaginable due to everyone exercising and expelling air breathing hard.

So I guess we’ll find out the consequences of our choices soon enough.

I’m looking forward to trying out my face cover. I find it very comfortable for pool playing if it’s mandatory. Very breathable and talkable and comfortable if anyone is having issues with ear hook masks.
Picture attached
:8F8F50A8-27E5-4376-9E83-40AE607F2DFA.jpeg

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Sacramento county is reclosing bars not sure if this effects the tournament

I think It takes effect next Monday and because they have food they may even be ok then. I got an email from Oscar about receiving my payment last night, and they also had a tournament last night, so I think the plans are to go ahead.