Is This The New Forum Software?

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
what good is a list of 200 pages of people that have never posted or only a couple times in the past.
might as well be looking at the phone book.

instead order them by post count.
lol, I agree beatle but that's what registered members list gives us out of the box. In searching for a better solution, it appears someone developed an add-on they were selling. However, now it looks like that addon isn't even supported anymore. I am surprised this isn't an option as a core feature for the forums but with all the good things it has added, I guess we cant complain too much! :)

I will look around to see if I am just missing it or if there are any other solutions.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
No worries -- it is already right there -- just click on the member tab and go from there:

View attachment 431584
Yes, by enabling the "registered member list" we can access them by clicking members and then in the left column clicking registered members or by the way you displayed directly from the drop down which is much easier I might add, nice find. :)

However, beatle brings up a good point. It would be nice to have that list ordered by most posts so you don't have so many names listed with 0 posts, which will be people we really don't know or have gotten to know ... or at least they will all be at the end of the list if so.

Even better would be to have the list default one way and then give the end user the choice of sorting by a number of criteria (most posts, alphabetically, last activity, birthday, etc.).

There are no addons out there that will do it but I see a number of people asking about it. I will keep looking and/or figure out how to code it myself!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
yea its there but on my screen it only gives up to about 20 members who have the most posts.

i still must be missing something.

the ghost has me all messed up lately. i even missed a spot shot last week.
Correct beatle! The most messages and reaction scores only give like the top 20 results. It would be nice to see the entire list in whatever order we choose....maybe someday, I will keep looking!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
crazy part is, that functionality is built in to the admin section already so it would seem like making it available on the public side shouldn't be too hard but I have yet to find out how. In the admin section we can sort by user name, last activity date, join date, most messages and reaction score and it has the entire list top to bottom.

On a side note I was looking at the join date sort and after Steve, Grady and then JohnInNH signed up 3rd, my buddy and cue maker Sherm was next! I didn't realize he was on here from the beginning, and if you are out there lurking Sherm, give me a call or email, hope you are doing ok!

Not too far behind is Hendy and Vapros....early adopters! :)