WICS (is correct shot) with position.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
A WWYD, usually I say, what ever you choose is OK, but there is a correct shot here with position.

The CB is the yellow ball.

ForGil-WWYD.jpg

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
is it to kick the red to the opposite corner and play short rail long rail yellow ?

sorry wrong cue ball

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Good diagrams, Larry. I think I'll go six rails, to maintain my position....Piece of cake

2020-09-11 08_08_13-WICS (is correct shot) with position. _ One Pocket and Bank Pool.png

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
if I was playing to score, I would shoot larry's first shot, the standard 4 railer but as MR3C said for "position" I think it would be better to come off the right side of the white ball and either come 3/4 rails behind the red or hit the white a little thicker and come 3 rails in front of the red.

Either way, I am shooting the white ball to the corner, so keeping the white ball in the corner usually is a good thing for your next shot. Or at least that's how I see it. :)

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
I've shot this one like this several times
A simple pattern

won my last 3c match with it recently

and you can play it 4 rails like i drew, or 3rails with more angle and hit the red from the front

But with 4 rails like shown you have the chance to push the white close to the corner and the red away from the rail a bit making position for a 5-7 railers around the table for the next shot, possibly

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-11-10-43-15-636.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-09-11-10-43-15-636.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I've shot this one like this several times
A simple pattern

won my last 3c match with it recently

and you can play it 4 rails like i drew, or 3rails with more angle and hit the red from the front

But with 4 rails like shown you have the chance to push the white close to the corner and the red away from the rail a bit making position for a 5-7 railers around the table for the next shot, possibly

Oh yes. I like that one.. That has to be it...

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Larry,
All three of your shots, I also thought of in my mind, but not knowing 3C I therefore do not know what constitutes playing positioning.
I believe it means; leaving a next shot that is easy. But I am not sure what constitutes an easy shot, other than it seems leaving an ob by a corner gives extra chances of making a hit going in and then often times making the hit coming back out, which adds probability to making the hit.
Or,
Possibly it means leaving any natural 3C shot.

So there are probably a number of shot scenarios that are considered position leaves, and probably those have been very much documented over the years.

One thing that amazes me, and I believe I have this correct, billiards has been well documented for centuries. Shots, scenarios, so there has been a lot of information out there. But is this true, Phelan is the one that put dots on to tables, and that would not be until 1850 or so. There was a french snooker table in Brighman's that dated 18th century I believe it had dots. No one ever played on it for the pockets were incredibly small. There would be no 125 runs on that table.

You guys correct me if I am wrong, thanks! Whitey

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Does everyone that replied with a solution, want me to respond to each one of their choices with why they are not the correct solution? Or, just give IMHO, the correct resolve to this position with position?

unoperro

Verified Member
Shoot thru the red with follow . Yellow goes 3 rails to the white,red goes 5/6/7 rails to corner across from where it started.