IS THIS LEGAL

beatle

Verified Member
any good 3 cushion tables north of milpitas that arent in an asian only type room. except for cal billiards

beatle

Verified Member
the world of pool has gone from all bigger poolrooms having a 3 cushion table or two, to almost none. too bad.
ive been in a couple asian rooms and they are all billiard tables of some kind and size but they play games i didnt know and felt very unwelcome when i went in.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
the world of pool has gone from all bigger poolrooms having a 3 cushion table or two, to almost none. too bad.
ive been in a couple asian rooms and they are all billiard tables of some kind and size but they play games i didnt know and felt very unwelcome when i went in.
That's cuz your not prejudice.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
billiard 31 or samwon billiards in Oakland was not bad. Korean place but did nto feel unwelcome just thought the pool tables where crap

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
Broken rack (As far as I now) is closed for good at least in the original incarnation.
The Broken Rack moved from the shopping mall near the movie theater (on Shellmound at 60th) to a stand alone building about four blocks south. Their website says they are closed for the pandemic and please check back for updates.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
The Broken Rack moved from the shopping mall near the movie theater (on Shellmound at 60th) to a stand alone building about four blocks south. Their website says they are closed for the pandemic and please check back for updates.
I am afraid that Wayne and Marilyn have sold this business and where unable to make money before the pandemic so when I drove past it Thursday there was construction going on as well as a post from Wayne saying goodbye to the broken rack

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
I am afraid that Wayne and Marilyn have sold this business and where unable to make money before the pandemic so when I drove past it Thursday there was construction going on as well as a post from Wayne saying goodbye to the broken rack
Bummer. I'll miss their two Diamonds. Tough to make money at pool around here. They seemed to have pretty good business in the evenings but the rent was probably amazing.

baby huey

Verified Member
The use and specs for the Bridige has never been codified. I mean the height and configuration of the bridge itself. I can only find that you cannot use more than two bridiges atop each other for a shot. That was remedied by manufacturing bridiges that can reach eight inches in height now found everywhere. Pool has tended to place rules on the game itself not the equipment. Certain rules due pertain to the height of the table and dimensions and etc. but little to the supporting equipment itself i.e. "the bridge."

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
The use and specs for the Bridige has never been codified. I mean the height and configuration of the bridge itself. I can only find that you cannot use more than two bridiges atop each other for a shot. That was remedied by manufacturing bridiges that can reach eight inches in height now found everywhere. Pool has tended to place rules on the game itself not the equipment. Certain rules due pertain to the height of the table and dimensions and etc. but little to the supporting equipment itself i.e. "the bridge."
Until the Money is there, like pro tenni$....this will keep on.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Well, since we are on this topic again, here's a thought. Suppose you make a finger bridge with the hand holding the bridge and then lift the butt of the bridge off the table, how high could you go? 😨

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Thanks Baby Huey, as you know there are bridges that not only adjustable higher, but also have a special curve that allows you to jump over a ball out in the middle of the table that you could not otherwise reach.
A bridge that is specifically designed for jumping.
You could be playing a left hander, and so you leave him knowing it is a difficult jump shot to reach, but not for a righty, but no, out comes the jump bridge.
It would not effect OP, but other games. Just another tool in your bag of tricks to play this game. The one cue days are long gone. Whitey

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Well, since we are on this topic again, here's a thought. Suppose you make a finger bridge with the hand holding the bridge and then lift the butt of the bridge off the table, how high could you go? 😨
About 4 feet, then you would be in the lights, sorry couldn't resist.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Depends on the light fixture. I've seen in pro play, someone move it/hold it so a player can get their cue/vertical.