More Than One Shot #2

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Skin said:
Larry, I set it up and said, "Hmmm, three rail the 9 with follow and come around behind the 2 for a straight in." Shot it and it worked perfectly. So, that is what I'm going with. :D

Skin
Actually a good shot if you miss the kiss.:cool:

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
Well I've learned a lot from all of you---many thanks. Now for my shot and I await your comments.

Just shoot the 2 in the side with a stop shot. The 2 spots up and I think you have left the opponent safe because he can't see the 9 ball and is almost frozen to the 2 ball.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Tennessee Joe6 said:
Well I've learned a lot from all of you---many thanks. Now for my shot and I await your comments.

Just shoot the 2 in the side with a stop shot. The 2 spots up and I think you have left the opponent safe because he can't see the 9 ball and is almost frozen to the 2 ball.

Shot seems very workable.:)
Good Eye Joe.
Rod.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Tennessee Joe6 said:

Joe,

There's a couple of things wrong with that shot. (You do have pocket 'B') First, if it works out perfect for you, you've done nothing to win the game as in the diagram below:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PCol3QcQp4RdGt@[/CUETABLE]

Second, if you don't hit it perfect and the cueball rolls forward slightly, you could be spotting the 2 ball in this position and then lose the game:

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BATV3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDRM3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VATV2VeGB4kWCB4kCHf@3AWTP2BeGB3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDRM3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PCHf3QcQp4RdOt@3AWTP4BATs3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDRM3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PCHf3QcQp4RdOt@[/CUETABLE]

Dennis

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Cowboy Dennis said:
John,

Are you talkin' about banking the 2 ball to your left or to your right?

Dennis

To my left.

I don't think I can cut/throw it enough to make it, but I can get it on the rail above my hole & hide the cue behind the 9.

I like this shot better than shooting the two railer and loading up the cue ball to get it down table.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wincardona said:
Dear John, how about you start every shot with the one railer for $25.00?:cool:

Just tryin to cut your losses

Per the original layout, you shoot the two railer & need 2 balls and I need 1. Then I shoot the the one railer and need 2 balls and you need 1.

I'll let the Duck in with me for the other $25 and shoot $50.

I am basing my decision on how bad I shoot the two railer loading up the cue ball to get it down table.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
Per the original layout, you shoot the two railer & need 2 balls and I need 1. Then I shoot the the one railer and need 2 balls and you need 1.

I'll let the Duck in with me for the other $25 and shoot $50.

I am basing my decision on how bad I shoot the two railer loading up the cue ball to get it down table.

Since I'm the one who started the prop-bet woofing re. these shots, don't shut me out..:mad:..I want in on this too...and I want to bet against all five shots..:eek: : any 1-railer on the 2ball, the straight back on the 9ball, the 2-railer, and the 3-railer.....I'm gonna play a safety, and prop bet against anybody who wants to shoot one of those wei-table-kool-aid-drinking shots....:cool:

- Ghost

PS, PS, I love the way all of you kool aid drinkers are able to control the cueball so perfectly while shooting these low percentage banks on the wei table...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
PS, I love the way all of you kool aid drinkers are able to control the cueball so perfectly while shooting 80 miles an hour on the wei table....:rolleyes:

This shot does not get hit 80 mph. With your prop bet are you saying that I will shoot the two-railer to start and I need two balls, and the next game you will start by not shooting the two-railer(or any other offensive shot) and you need two balls? Be careful with your answer, I know what street Chicago is on:D .

Dennis

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY2Vaiu2VQni4VVSy4kWCB4kBql3kagy1kVhv2uCUP@[/CUETABLE]

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Since I'm the one who started the prop-bet woofing re. these shots, don't shut me out..:mad:..I want in on this too...and I want to bet against all five shots..:eek: : any 1-railer on the 2ball, the straight back on the 9ball, the 2-railer, and the 3-railer.....I'm gonna play a safety, and prop bet against anybody who wants to shoot one of those wei-table-kool-aid-drinking shots....:cool:

- Ghost

PS, I love the way all of you kool aid drinkers are able to control the cueball so perfectly while shooting 80 miles an hour on the wei table....:rolleyes:

My prop bets only good if you choose one of the already listed bad shots against my one rail back cut. No new safeties.

Skin

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

Yeah, what safety? You haven't said anything about this layout except knocking shots...and you don't get to move the balls after you say, either...just for the record. ;)

Skin < digging at the Apparition again; made his 3 railer on a real table and got out

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Skin said:
Yeah, what safety? You haven't said anything about this layout except knocking shots...

Skin < digging at the Apparition again; made his 3 railer on a real table and got out

I is just gonna be shootin' this basic, effective, safety - and my opponent just might have a little trouble not leaving me a shot after he shoots >>>

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY2VcDj2VLYo1VRQi4kWCB4kBag3kbqe3kQvs@[/CUETABLE]

Like I said, anybody who wants to shoot one of those circus banks against my safety - step right up...:)....:cool:

- Ghosty

PS, I bet that Artie would also choose my shot choice here....:)

PPS, Skin, I would love to have you on a 'slow boat to China' while you keep shooting your 3-railer at me....:)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
jrhendy said:
My prop bets only good if you choose one of the already listed bad shots against my one rail back cut. No new safeties.

I shot my prop shot, back cutting the ball one rail off the spot and trying to hide the cue ball behind the 9 ten times and here are the results on a Gold Crown 4 with new cloth and 4" pockets.

Made it once, hit it too thick and too hard once and sold out

Hid the cue behind the 9 and got the bank on the long rail on my side twice

When I didn't hide the cue ball, I still had two balls on my side of the table without leaving a good shot. Fairly easy safety for my opponent but I still feel more comfortable with this shot than the two railer.

For serious dough I'm shooting a safety. Probably like Ghost's shot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
I tried this shot on my Gold Crown, Dennis. I executed it perfectly about 1/2 the time, and fairly decently 40% of the time. I think if I was careful I could execute it passably every time.

The trick to the shot, and this is directed at Doc, is to use a slower, smoother delivery with maximum right english (not masse!), and a very loose, no grab on the butt, follow thru. That helps the cue ball to go forward, rather than deflect whereby you would need a masse stroke. The execution is easy and the Ghost is nuts. Its a dandy thing to know. The stroke is the opposite of the stroke in Daly's Billiard Book, circa 1906, called, le cou sec (the dry stroke). That stroke provides the maximum deflection (or carom) off of the object ball.

Beard

Freddy,

I just got back from the poolroom where I shot this shot about 15 times while practicing for the first time in two months. The layout I've shown is where the cueball went the one time I pocketed the 2 ball. All of the other times I put it near the pocket and did not give up a shot on the 9 ball.

P.S. I just talked to the Duck and he doesn't see what the problem is with two-railing the 2 ball either. This may just be the first time that the Beard, the Duck & the Cowboy agree on something:) .

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY2Vaiu2VQni4VVSy4kWCB4kBql3kagy1kWxy2uCUP@[/CUETABLE]

Skin

Verified Member
Man, guys are actually shooting their shots on a table and coming back to report. You guys are a deck of aces, the worst possible guys to play against, imo.

Skin

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Skin said:
Man, guys are actually shooting their shots on a table and coming back to report. You guys are a deck of aces, the worst possible guys to play against, imo.

Skin

I know they are going to make me bet on this one, so I had to check it out.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's the same angle Dudley. With two balls left and me needing them both I'd shoot this every time. With one ball on the table it's not the correct shot and that tricky Ghost knows it:) .

P.S. The 2-railer banks long on Diamonds, at least the ones I've played on, so it's no good on them.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY2Vaiu2VQni4VVSy4kWCB4kBql3kagy1kVhv2uCUP@[/CUETABLE]

Sorry bout the late response Dennis..... I've been grinding pretty hard at work.

I have no doubts the bank is playable regarding the object ball at the hole. My only apprehension to the shot is the angle which the cue ball plays off the side rail. (I don't its possible for the cue ball to hit the side rail where you have diagrammed it.)

I will go test drive your shot and get back to you with what happened at the hall. (I could be wrong, it might not be that hard to execute)

The diagram below shows the tangent line of the shot. You would definately need some follow on the ball to get it to turn past the side. And if you happen to not have enough follow on the cue it will be very close to a scratch shot as ghost said.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY2Vaiu2VQni4VVSy4kWCB4kByn3keso2uCUP@[/CUETABLE]

This would be some serious junk!!!

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AWTP4BAsY3CTBP3DQHP3ENNQ4FVmL4GSsK4HQPL1IYaM3JGcO4KNNL4LDJO3MKLP4NAPN3ODJN4PWCB3QcQp4VAsY2Vaiu2VQni4VVSy4kWCB4kBqo7kFjI3kaqt1kYco2uBfP@[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dudley said:
Sorry bout the late response Dennis..... I've been grinding pretty hard at work.

I have no doubts the bank is playable regarding the object ball at the hole. My only apprehension to the shot is the angle which the cue ball plays off the side rail. (I don't its possible for the cue ball to hit the side rail where you have diagrammed it.)

Dudley,

Did you read post #56? I shot this shot last night and put the cueball where I needed it every time and once, when I pocketed the 2 ball I put the cueball near the first diamond. That was probably divine intervention as I had not played in two months and can't see what I'm doing anyway, but the fact remains it's not that bad of a shot.

P.S. I shot it on a Gold Crown using a red circle cueball which, to me, feels a little heavier than the object balls.

Dennis