another one .what to do??

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
NH Steve said:
Why not just cut the 10ball close to your hole -- it won't go, but it sure should lay up nice and close:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4eLHW4eTYk4eXhg4kOYH4kJsH3kEni3kaYa3kaYP@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

Steve, from my prospective the angle offered isn't condusive to shorten it to end up near your ending position. If i'm wrong then your choice is an option. Also your choice is a little risky, could give up a free bank on the 8 or 4 ball, if you don't get the movement with the 10 ball that you need.With your shot you must position the 10 ball in a threatning position, giving your opponent something to worry about if you happen to give up a shot on the 8 or 4 ball. If you can reposition the 10 ball and put pressure on your opponent to either move the 10 ball or do something special, I like your shot.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Don't See It

Don't See It

wincardona said:
Steve, from my prospective the angle offered isn't condusive to shorten it to end up near your ending position. If i'm wrong then your choice is an option. Also your choice is a little risky, could give up a free bank on the 8 or 4 ball, if you don't get the movement with the 10 ball that you need.With your shot you must position the 10 ball in a threatning position, giving your opponent something to worry about if you happen to give up a shot on the 8 or 4 ball. If you can reposition the 10 ball and put pressure on your opponent to either move the 10 ball or do something special, I like your shot.

Billy I.
Steve, I set up the shot and immediately felt after looking at it that your shot was not any good. Neither end of your shot was possible, in repositioning either the cue ball where described, or the 10 ball near your pocket. Sorry Steve you are now relegated to Cali Reds level. I hope you have a CD collection.;)

Billy I.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
timdog24 said:
I think I'd leave those four balls that are all pointing towards my hole alone. They go for me and not for my opponent. Can you cut the 10 towards your pocket and send the cue ball two rails down table. Your opponent would have a tough shot with no reward on the 15, where he gets one or sells out the game. Or he'd have to deal with the 10 near my hole and hopefully leave me some return bank, better move, etc..

Very good shot.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
vapros said:
I assume you mean the 10, but I like my shot better. I don't often dispute you grizzled ol' grizzlies, but it looks to me like you might offer the man a choice of banks. Maybe we'll get a consensus here. :D

No V-man, I meant cutting the 15 ball toward my hole...After you play your shot, I am outlining what your opponent, (me) would do to you...;) You are going to be in a lot worse spot if you elect to do what you said (against me anyway)...:cool:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Too simple?

Too simple?

Is this solution too simple? Stevie Wonder could execute this. As far as I can see, oppo has no strong response to keep you from maintaining your strong position. Coming off the 13 and putting the q ball perfectly behind the 10 ball is not very easy, the angle to do it is not a natural one. If not perfectly snookered the attempt to put you behind the 10 ball should have moved the 13 sufficiently so that you can cross the 15 over to your side, send the q ball uptable and leave oppo in even worse shape.

Beard

Incidentally, I think Skin's shot is a great imaginative one, but with one having the lead in the game it is a little too risky for the circumstances if mishit. Trailing by a couple balls I think it would be an excellent choice.

If anybody wants to use my "oppo" in order to simplify their posts, go ahead, I will not charge plagiarism.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4eLHW4eRMh4kOYH4kJkK3kPYj3kVEV@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JRdj4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK3PXYL4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Beard

If anybody wants to use my "oppo" in order to simplify their posts, go ahead, I will not charge plagiarism.
Freddy,

Thanks for editing that post quickly, I almost charged you with being "drunk while posting":)

By the way, what the hell is "oppo".

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Please..

Please..

Cowboy Dennis said:
Freddy,

Thanks for editing that post quickly, I almost charged you with being "drunk while posting":)

By the way, what the hell is "oppo".

Dennis

Dennis, I know you are dying to sneak off and use it for yourself over on AZ.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Dennis, I know you are dying to sneak off and use it for yourself over on AZ.

Beard
You busted me Freddy. I'm already a member over there in case you didn't know.

My username is :ivejustlostmymindandwillnowanswerallofyourinanequestionsyouimbeciles.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
How apropos

How apropos

Cowboy Dennis said:
You busted me Freddy. I'm already a member over there in case you didn't know.

My username is :ivejustlostmymindandwillnowanswerallofyourinanequestionsyouimbeciles.

Dennis

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Beard

You have hijacked my excellent response to the WEI table problem as I presented in post #25

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Skin said:
This looks doable so I think I'll force the issue a little bit here. Those four balls lined up for my hole aren't going to stay there long if he has a shot at them. Moving the 4 over takes away the safety on my long rail from him, too. He's in a tought spot behind the 1 & 5, especilly if I get the cb frozen up on one of them or the rail.

Skin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4XIcW3XbHH4XaAk4kOYH4kLFS2kJEl3kawj@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]
I like that shot a lot. But it's tricky to execute. My original thought was to take an intentional-- along roughly the same CB line as yours.

But if executed just right, your shot is better because it leaves the 4 ball where the opponent is going to be in a trap.

Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
good morning early risers, need help?

good morning early risers, need help?

vapros said:
Don't move anything. Take a scratch and go to the head rail and then up to the second diamond on the long rail. He isn't likely to try the cut shot on the 15, as there would be no way to play shape. The cueball might go right back to where you left it.

Even better, if you can pull it off - kick off the head rail and get in behind the 1 and 5. It's not as touchy as it looks. A gentle hit on either ball would not be serious.

Don't call us - we'll call you. :eek:
I wouldn't leave out the intentional scratch in this situation, especially considering how difficult it would be for your opponent to play safe from the ending position. Definetly an option imo.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Good thinking

Good thinking

timdog24 said:
I think I'd leave those four balls that are all pointing towards my hole alone. They go for me and not for my opponent. Can you cut the 10 towards your pocket and send the cue ball two rails down table. Your opponent would have a tough shot with no reward on the 15, where he gets one or sells out the game. Or he'd have to deal with the 10 near my hole and hopefully leave me some return bank, better move, etc..

I like this shot alot, remember that the speed of this shot is crucial to get the value from this choice.;)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
too timid.

too timid.

fred bentivegna said:
Is this solution too simple? Stevie Wonder could execute this. As far as I can see, oppo has no strong response to keep you from maintaining your strong position. Coming off the 13 and putting the q ball perfectly behind the 10 ball is not very easy, the angle to do it is not a natural one. If not perfectly snookered the attempt to put you behind the 10 ball should have moved the 13 sufficiently so that you can cross the 15 over to your side, send the q ball uptable and leave oppo in even worse shape.

Beard

Incidentally, I think Skin's shot is a great imaginative one, but with one having the lead in the game it is a little too risky for the circumstances if mishit. Trailing by a couple balls I think it would be an excellent choice.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4eLHW4eRMh4kOYH4kJkK3kPYj3kVEV@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JRdj4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK3PXYL4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

Sorry Fred but imo this shot doesn't give you the value this position deserves. The strength of this position is to keep pressure on your opponent, your shot doesn't do that. If you put me in your ending position I would softly roll off the 13 ball. That would start the negating process, and after a few shots your position would be neutralized.:eek:

You may also leave me the angle to open up the 1 and 5 ball cluster, which would create other things for you to be concerned with.

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Skin said:
This looks doable so I think I'll force the issue a little bit here. Those four balls lined up for my hole aren't going to stay there long if he has a shot at them. Moving the 4 over takes away the safety on my long rail from him, too. He's in a tought spot behind the 1 & 5, especilly if I get the cb frozen up on one of them or the rail.

Skin

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AXkv4BIgI4CUoM4DIcW3EVgh4FRFK3GUwL4HGPp3IPqL4JLHW4KMwJ4LDWH4MBSY3NScL3OKIK4POYH4QdOx4XIcW3XbHH4XaAk4kOYH4kLFS2kJEl3kawj@3ARve3BMwL3CEoL3DFAp3EOuE3FHaL3GUwL3HFyh3IPqL4JCHt3KKLL3LGhA3MAdJ3NScL3OaaM4PPnO4QdOx@[/CUETABLE]

I like your shot providing that the speed is condusive to the ending position. That's the problem I have with this choice. But if this shot plays well naturally, I like the shot.

After actually executing this shot on my table, the speed of this shot was on, but I found that I was leaving a return shot on the 4 ball too often. I wouldn't shoot this shot in a gambling match.

Billy I.

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Kick in the 10

Kick in the 10

wincardona said:
Sorry Fred but imo this shot doesn't give you the value this position deserves. The strength of this position is to keep pressure on your opponent, your shot doesn't do that. If you put me in your ending position I would softly roll off the 13 ball. That would start the negating process, and after a few shots your position would be neutralized.:eek:

You may also leave me the angle to open up the 1 and 5 ball cluster, which would create other things for you to be concerned with.

Billy I.

Remember, the score is 4 to 3 me.
Softly off the 13 ball would leave me a good kick at the 10. If I made it the score is now 5 to 3 and I would still be able to cross the 15 and go up the table.
Option 2: Or I would now have a much better angle to go across the face of the 4 ball and roll the cue ball 1 rail over to the long rail and then down to the bottom rail.

Beard
Everything I suggest, Mickey the Mope can execute.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Like I said...

Like I said...

wincardona said:
I like your shot providing that the speed is condusive to the ending position. That's the problem I have with this choice. But if this shot plays well naturally, I like the shot.

After actually executing this shot on my table, the speed of this shot was on, but I found that I was leaving a return shot on the 4 ball too often. I wouldn't shoot this shot in a gambling match.

Billy I.

..too much downside for you considering you are ahead in the game and have a good position. Down by 2,3,4 balls I would seriously consider shooting it.

Beard

Glad you came to your senses, Willy.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
good thinking

good thinking

gulfportdoc said:
I like that shot a lot. But it's tricky to execute. My original thought was to take an intentional-- along roughly the same CB line as yours.

But if executed just right, your shot is better because it leaves the 4 ball where the opponent is going to be in a trap.

Doc

I agree with your thinking, about tricky to execute. Also that the intentional really isn't as good as it appears (following Skins line) If you're going to take an intentional, I like Vapros intentional, tougher to negotiate from his ending position.

If we had the luxory of playing with a telestraighter, Skins shot is hands down the best.:D

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
fred bentivegna said:
Remember, the score is 4 to 3 me.
Softly off the 13 ball would leave me a good kick at the 10. If I made it the score is now 5 to 3 and I would still be able to cross the 15 and go up the table.
Option 2: Or I would now have a much better angle to go across the face of the 4 ball and roll the cue ball 1 rail over to the long rail and then down to the bottom rail.

Beard
Everything I suggest, Mickey the Mope can execute.

You are correct about the kick on the 10 ball, I should be concerned with that. But first you must reposition the 10 ball in a favorable position for the kick. No guarantee on that.

Option 2; is not improving your position, as you should realize that you now are moving balls that were favoring you to another position. Which then could give me a free and easy kick on the 10 ball, with options on the speed of the kick.

Do you agree Micky?

Billy I.