Recent content by 100andout

1. 1

Plan of attack? or roll with the punches?

The last year or so I have been playing a TON of 1 pocket. I play all kinds of different guys who play vastly different styles. I would call my game aggressive....boardering on "this guy friggin shoots at anything!" The other day while playing I hit a bank to leave a ball by my side pocket to...
  2. 1

%?

While playing today I started thinking about playing percentages. I'm not really an analytical player, I more or less play the shot that feels right given the entire situation. I know some of you out there MUST look at it differently than I do when deciding to pull the trigger? Gerry
  3. 1

My new favorite shot

Lately I have been playing a lot of one pocket with a friend of mine, and watching tons of Efren video. I have been playing this type of shot which I stole from Efren a bunch and the more I play it the more oportunity I see to use it. The variations are endless, but the kick remains a solid shot...
  4. 1

Re-listed Accustats 1Pmatches

RE-LISTED....thought I had them sold? but havn't heard from the buyer in a week. His loss your gain Hi everyone, over the weekend I started cleaning out my video collection, and here are a bunch of real good matches I'm turning loose. They are all origionals, not copies!, on VHS. They are...
  5. 1

lucky out

check this out! START( %AE6Z8%L[6L4%NC9Z8%O^0U9%Pi2J7%WF0Z0%Xh4J6%eC6a3 )END I ran out from here tonight. I cleared the pocket, and banked the 1 to my hole, while getting lucky shape! Gerry
  6. 1

1p theory

I've been working on theory in general playing 1p. one thing an old guy told me was, put a ball by your side pocket when you can to keep your opponent from putting you up table. This seems simple, but REALLY effective. Do you all keep any other tidbits like this in mind while choosing shots...
  7. 1

1P/Banks Videos for sale

Hi everyone, over the weekend I started cleaning out my video collection, and here are a bunch of real good matches I'm turning loose. They are all origionals, not copies!, on VHS. They are Accu-stats unless otherwise noted. Theres a total of 13 matches and 3 instructionals. I'll let them go for...
  8. 1

Bugs shot?

I was watching an accustats of Deuel vs Parica, and Billy In cardona refered to a shot as a "Bugs shot". Can anyone elaborate on this shot and it's uses? My skills on the RSB table suck, but basically he shot the CB into the 1 then it hit the side rail sending it back to double kiss the 1 ball...
  9. 1

killer break,...mistake?

I was out in the pool room practicing my 1pocket break. I just cleaned the table, took out my new spotted cue ball, and proceeded to hit the break. I kept hitting the 2nd ball too thickly, and leaving the cue ball on the foot rail behind the ball that usually gets sold out when this happens. The...
  10. 1

good practice game...

I'm trying to find new ways to practice 1P by myself, so after watching all my instructional tapes from Grady, and the only other one I have from Allen Hopkins, I started playing myself. From one side I would play very tight, no chances, from the other side I played more of the new school...
  11. 1

1 pocket drills

Do any of you guys have a set of 1 pocket drills you practice? I finally got my billiard room all done at home, and I'm trying to not get into the habit of banging balls. So I'm setting up a series of drills for 1 pocket and 14.1 to keep my table time constructive....thanks, Gerry
  12. 1

Billy I

I'm watching a GREAT match between reyes and Pagulayan and I swear Billy Incardona is half looped while he's commentating!...He's funny as hell, and I'm having a great time.... Gerry
  13. 1

Freddie

Great commentary Freddie on the Semi's of the Banks! I could tell you were pulling for your guy, sorry he did'nt win, but it was a terrific match none the less..........Gerry
  14. 1

Teaching and Learning

During our Christmas trip up North I got the chance to teach a young kid the very basic moves of 1P. He asked me to play 9ball, but I suggested 1P for something new to him. He said sure, and we had a blast for a couple of hours trying out shots and playing a few games. Then last night I was...
  15. 1

DCC....I'm there

At dinner tonight my wife and I were chattin about the DCC and she sais, why don't you go yourself? She does'nt think she'd have fun after the first day of watching, and she knows I'm not going to sleep the whole time I'm there! Anyway, the plane is booked, room is set, and I just gotta figure...