Bob Jewett's latest activity

• Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett replied to the thread John vs. Ray 7 - wwyd?.
    I'd have to see it on the table, but I think the half-ball angle off the 7 (with left side) is sitting right to land full on the 2. I do...
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett replied to the thread WWYD-in this tough spot..
    At nine ball it comes up from time to time and it's the only shot for those of us who don't have those little cheater sticks. ;)
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett reacted to Billy Jackets's post in the thread John vs. Ray 7 - wwyd? with Like Like.
    I would shoot the nine into the rail and carom the 10 in with a touch of right to play for the nine next. I don't see any future in...
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett reacted to androd's post in the thread bridge hand distance with Like Like.
    A great player "angus (sarge) MacDonald told me When you're close up, use a derringer, medium distance a 38, when far away use that ole...
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett reacted to Island Drive's post in the thread bridge hand distance with Like Like.
    I've always looked at it like a choice of golf clubs. The more distance between your hand and the cue ball the more spin and speed you...
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett replied to the thread WWYD-in this tough spot..
    Bill posted a video. Hit the cue ball about 45 degrees into the long rail with the butt passing over the spot, more or less. As much...
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett replied to the thread 5 rack game?.
    3 ball, bump the 7 as little as possible. Draw from the 9 to bump the 10 into playability. 2 is next followed by the 4 or 6.
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett replied to the thread runnels vs. yee shot question.
    I was giving him the benefit of the doubt when he gets a kiss that full. Is he that bad a banker?
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett replied to the thread runnels vs. yee shot question.
    I agree with this. He took none of possible precautions for avoiding the kiss. Either he had a total brain freeze or he was playing the...
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett replied to the thread Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?.
    I'd have to see the 13-bank on the table to be sure of the carom angle to the 1 ball. If it was on the left side or full on the 1, I'd...
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett replied to the thread Don Lim, and Jimmy Duval RIP.
    I knew Don very slightly from the 1970s or so and then better the last few years when we played in the same 14.1 league. He did have...
  • Bob Jewett
    You're right. I just checked the original announcement. I must have been thinking about the side action. If a scratch is allowed on the...
  • Bob Jewett
    Hopkins showed me this break at the DCC one year. He used to offer a proposition of five tries to run all 15. I think he did it on the...
  • Bob Jewett
    This item has been sold. I have copies of "Winning One Pocket" and "Shots, Moves & Strategies" that I would like to sell as a pair...
  • Bob Jewett
    Bob Jewett replied to the thread joyner cooney wwyd>.
    Which side of the five ball will the six pass on?