Recent content by Dudley

1. Dudley

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Hey Steve, Please put me on the list for the tournament.. I'm still about 50/50 if I can go. I will send funds when I confirm that I can make it work. Would love to make the trip and see everyone.
  2. Dudley

Introducing a new book, The Art of One Pocket

I'd buy either edition..
  3. Dudley

Official entry list for 2023 MOT California Billiards

Good to see you here melmackay!
  4. Dudley

Break

I've played on tables that racked terribly and the corner ball went way too often. For me, I'm happy to not have it count on the break. One pocket is a game that should take more than one turn at the table imho.
  5. Dudley

Colonel Bille

My entry is paid..:cool: I'm hoping I can find some time to get on the table before the tournament. Looking forward to seeing everyone even if I can't make a ball.
  6. Dudley

Colonel Bille

Man, I hope Bille is recovering well.. It's been a long while but I'm hoping to catch up with members I haven't seen in a long time at the tournament in June.
  7. Dudley

2023 MOT, California bound! But when and where?

Happy to see another Members tournament at CA billiards.. I'll have to remember to check back here and try to align my schedule so I can play. (my work life has been nuts, so my pool cue has been collecting dust)
  8. Dudley

Hard copy version of "Controlled Aggression"

I've been away for a while, but I'd definitely be interested in a copy if available. The list is probably finished and over with but I'll be an alternate if someone drops out edit-- this was an old thread that got bumped, nevermind
  9. Dudley

jeremy tony 10

This is the safest option imo.. Doesn't accomplish much but protects your side and protects banks. Might get a better look next inning. - dudley
  10. Dudley

R. Martinez vs. E. Reyes 2014 D.C.C.

This is the first thing I would look hard at... Have to hit it strong with the right juice and power to get your rock to the stack--> but could possibly come out well. The kiss on the rock is a def possibility though. I avoid do nothing shots unless I have a big moving advantage against my...
  11. Dudley

banking the ball backwards

Petie and John, It's good to know there are some others that have worked in this industry... It's sort of a dying trade nowadays but we're doing our best to keep the spindles turning. I'm a youngster but I've been machining since I was 16. (18 years now) Our biggest machine a Monarch CNC...
  12. Dudley

Getting my Diamond table reworked.

Glen made a stop by my Dad's place and set up his table. Too bad I only get to play on it 1 or 2 times a year. He's highly recommended by me. He does nice work. Dudley
  13. Dudley

S. Frost vs. S. Ochoa 2012 Tunica

This would be my preferred shot if I was comfortable with the table. From the top view it looks weird however while playing I never really get to see the table from that perspective... So based on the pov image I think it's on. I like getting on the 2 ball. If you get there it can be a super...
  14. Dudley

C. Deuel vs. E. Reyes 2011 U.S. Open

This is my shot from here.... *After looking at the second view a little more closely I really have no idea if my lines are correct as it looks like a different angle on the ten in the second picture. Regardless--> I would still shoot the same shot just send the cue ball towards a different...
  15. Dudley

efren /scott again

play shape!! play shape!! If I was feeling comfortable with my speed and the rails I would definitely consider this...(see pic below) The bank will always be there and I want to get as many as possible in the run. I might even be able get most of em. I would definitely not play the bank...