Recent content by Erik

1. E

Photos from Buffalo’s — lots of them

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them
  2. E

May 26-30th 2021 Buffalo's Pro Classic-$13,500 Total Added.

Has Danny Smith been playing at all? Feel like I haven't seen much of him in any tournaments the past couple years, even considering all the pandemic closures.
  3. E

Midwest Open Billiard Championship-One Pocket, Banks & 10 Ball March 16th-21st, 2021

Wasn't familiar with Louie's game, but he played great. He was sent to the one loss side his first match, so that was quite a grind to get to the final. Went through a lot of champions too: Jesus Atencio, Jeffrey De Luna, Orcollo, Omar Alshaheen, and took the first set against Roberto. Realize...
  4. E

Best American All-Around Championship: March 29-April 5th at Buffalos $7,000 added, plus Master of the Table Prize

Was wondering about that too...I assume they will all have to go over early. So far they have announced players from US, various Euro countries, and Oi from Japan. Says it'll only be 19 players. Guess they will all go early and be in a "bubble."
  5. E

Best American All-Around Championship: March 29-April 5th at Buffalos $7,000 added, plus Master of the Table Prize

It's a new Matchroom event this year, but they haven't released many details yet. I assume its modeled on the the Championship League Snooker, which is a kind of round robin event. It's supposed to be at Milton Keynes where most of the snooker tournaments have been since lockdown. I know SVB and...
  6. E

Will SVB and Sky be back to the states in time? It looks like both of them are playing in matchroom's new Championship League Pool event, and possible might see some other players on this list invited to that event as well
  7. E

Evgeny Stalev aka "The Russian"

There are a couple interviews with him from 2011 on this site, you will have to set your browser to translate: http://www.rusbilliard.ru/node/76 http://www.rusbilliard.ru/node/75 Some excerpts: MN : That is, you can be called a universal, but what do you still prefer: Russian billiards or...
  8. E

Evgeny Stalev aka "The Russian"

There was a rebroadcast on PoolactionTV's loop channel yesterday of Stalev and Biado playing a race to 5 one pocket on the 10 foot table in the action room at DCC in 2014. Stalev beat him 5-3 I think. I didn't watch a ton of the match but it looked like Stalev moved a little better. He missed...
  9. E

One Pocket/8 ball

I agree with this. I started playing in a local 8-ball league on 7 footers a few months before the pandemic started. There are so many skills from one pocket that are helpful playing 8ball on a small table: good cue ball, going into balls/breaking up clusters, and banking to name a few. And yea...
  10. E

2020 Rankings

Pretty dramatic how Danny's game has dropped
  11. E

Baby Huey's OP Shot!

Ralph Eckert posted this shot on his Instagram awhile back, with a couple different views:
  12. E

Filler/ Chohan May 12-13th

I also feel tight pockets would not have helped Tony. I believe the match he played at buffalos with Alex a year or two back was tighter pockets and I don’t think that favored him. I heard a bit of the interview with Tony after the match and I think he brought up one good point about tight...
  13. E

Anyone know who is that on the commentary?
  14. E

Doesn’t seem like Danny has been playing well last few matches he’s been in, I don’t think he’d fair well vs Filler. But I agree Lunda or Corey would be a good match. I think SVB would have a definite advantage against Filler
  15. E

Bustamante vs Pagulayan-Master of The Table Challenge May 1-5 2020

An edit to one of the above rules: If a player A fails to contact the lowest numbered ball (table scratch) the incoming player B can: play from where it lays have the lowest ball spotted and have ball in hand behind the head string put Player A back at the able to play from where it lays