Recent content by OldSchool

1. O

John vs. Barry 10 - end game - wwyd?

Unsurprisingly, it looks like I was right the first time. I believe I'll skip the retraction, lol.
  2. O

Ok then, I'll retract my accusation. But initially, your post saying: "That was a lot of suspense for a sub-par shot" sounded to me like a double knock. Knocking the Ghost (who puts in a lot of time and effort to provide us with all these wwyd's) for stretching out the thread with hints etc...
  3. O

Well said Larry, that's definitely the most important part of these wwyd's. But unfortunately there's always a certain type of guy around on message boards and forums that enjoys being a jerk.
  4. O

John vs. Pete 2

Good old self deception lol. It's just a "mutual admiration society".
  5. O

John vs. Pete 2

It's very amusing to me, and telling, whether it be in the political threads or the wwyd threads, how several of the Texas members always butt buddy up and give thumbs up and 'likes' to each other's posts. lol
  6. O

John vs. Pete 2

Exactly. That's part of what my reply to your shot choice was based on. Old School
  7. O

John vs. Pete 2

beatle, I like OneRock's shot in post #12. As I already said, I like Island Drive's 3 rail bank. And I like an excellent shot that hasn't been mentioned, which is to softly shoot the 10-11-4 right in the face, from the diagonal angle. This sends the 4 into the 5ball which then will come off of...
  8. O

John vs. Pete 2

There are issues with this shot. The 6 and 12balls are currently blocking the 14 and 7 from being able to be made by your opponent, which is a good thing. Your shot will open up the 14 and 7 for him. Also, you didn't say, where is your cueball going to be safely sitting while the 12 and 13 are...
  9. O

John vs. Pete 2

No. And I'll lay 5-1 that you wouldn't be taking your hat off to him for shooting that shot if you were staking him in this spot, lol. Cutting the 5 here is not the shot for normal players. It's only for players that shoot as straight as Josh Filler, Shane Van Boening, etc. The better aggressive...
  10. O

W Diddy Doo 1

I think you need more attachments then just the 16. Looking at 16 of them aren't quite enough to cause an epileptic fit. But I think adding just a couple more should do the trick. 😆
  11. O

wwyd #2 Baby Huey - We got options

It doesn't look like there's room for the 10 to pass inside of the 9ball, but if there is, you bank the 10ball 3rails into your pocket, and your cueball goes up table 2-3 rails for position on the 9. If that shot is not available, then you shoot your cueball 2 rails, long-short, and kick the 4...
  12. O

John vs. Rich 2 - wwyd?

Unless of course, Rich, (who evidently must not play all that good since John spots him 2 balls) doesn't hit it so good and sells out or scratches, since after all, he's shooting from 7' away and froze on the rail.
  13. O

Bank stream

John, do you know if there's tournament brackets posted up anywhere? Thanks, Old School
  14. O

Ghost vs. Steve 8 wwyd ?

Here's the shot for somebody who can shoot as straight as Shane or Josh Filler. Shoot the nine ball exactly straight ahead. It's lined up to hit the outside of the 11ball. This removes your opponent's best ball, knocking the 11 to your side, and the 9 will carom bank cross corner to your pocket...
  15. O

Donn vs. John 12 wwyd?

Two reasons imo unoperro. #1. Because the bank of the 3ball has a higher make percentage. #2. Because, from looking at picture 1, even with left draw, it looks like you may not be able to avoid running into the 7 or 11 balls. Old School