Recent content by Pogue

1. P

Prayers for John Henderson

Look at it like this.. We have been hunter/gatherers for the vast part of the last 500,000 years. We only developed large scale agriculture about 18,000 years ago. That means carbohydrates of ANY type, were only available during a very short fruiting season, during our evolutionary development...
  2. P

Prayers for John Henderson

If I may? Just cut out sugar and carbs. No sugar, pasta, rice, bread, etc. Get down under 25g of total carbs per day, and stay there. Much of the health problems in America are caused by the food. Eat meat and non-carb veggies. On this diet, don't skimp on the salt, as carbohydrates make us...
  3. P

Events Calendar

By two members.. 😀
  4. P

8th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament Bogies Billiards Houston, Tx.

I don't remember if bbb hates me or not, lol..
  5. P

8th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament Bogies Billiards Houston, Tx.

If you want America to stay at the back of the bus as far as worldwide pool talent, this is how you do it. I am an American living in Germany, and literally none of the tables in our area are 4 1/2". Those are buckets. Well-struck balls on 4 1/4" pockets can "glide" into the pocket just fine. If...
  6. P

The feasibility of implementing a chess clock in one pocket tournaments

I am pretty sure that was due to Varner, and Parica just had to go along. Personally, I consider it an embarassment for the game that a pro player would subject fans to that, to get a title.
  7. P

The part I bolded. When the total maximum match time the organizers will tolerate is split in two, and given to each player, there is no reason to "run" to hit the clock. You have plenty of time to move around the table, walk back to the seat, hit your clock, etc. The maximum match time by...
  8. P

Okay, cool. I see your point. But the fact remains, the slower player loses, one way or another. Which I am okay with. But I will say that "in general", a player who relies on the wedge ain't got the firepower to deal with someone who does not, all things being equal. Varner cannot compete with...
  9. P

And Matchroom table 4" pockets promote a style of playing 9 ball that most players did not grow up playing. So? The last few matches with the dead money gone were still incredibly good, and fun to watch. Players adapt to the rules. And to be dead honest. Players are gonna come to DCC, no matter...
  10. P

Yeah... But this just complicates the rules, and makes it harder for a non One Pocket player to understand. Set amount of time per player makes it super simple for non hardcore spectators, speeds up the game, and implements time pressure, which is always good for the fans. Fouls and spotting of...
  11. P

That is not how chess clocks work at all. You push YOUR button on YOUR side of the clock to STOP your time, and START your opponent's time. If you forget, you simply allow your opponent to play on your time, and if you keep forgetting, you will put yourself in self-inflicted time trouble. There...
  12. P

Please make sure the stream is displaying individual player's remaining time. Even if only a small additional camera centered on the clock.
  13. P

You are responsible for hitting your button when you get back to your seat, which starts your opponents clock. If you forget, then oh well, buddy. Your opponent is playing on the gift of your time, and if you keep forgetting, then you're gonna have a baddddddddd day, mmmkay? And no, time is not...
  14. P

Incorrect. Time allotted per player takes into account target match times, and also takes into account time to rack, spot fouls, bathroom breaks, walking back to your chair, etc. Nobody is elbowing their opponent out of the way to get down on their shot asap. There's always a short time between...