Recent content by stedyfred

1. S

Lettuce

Sorry to hear about your friend, God bless.
  2. S

US One Pocket Players Only- 70's to Present

No orders given Beatle; sorry if you thought that there were. I would like this thread to be only US players if possible. Thx.
  3. S

US One Pocket Players Only- 70's to Present

Please list your top 5 or 10. While we can all agree that Alex, Dennis, Busty, and Filler are all great players, I ask you to please limit this thread to US players only. Does your list lean toward today's aggressive one pocket style? Are there any elite ball strikers listed or any grinders? One...
  4. S

Filler/ Chohan May 12-13th

On the first day of the match in one of the first 3 games Tony had a 4 ball lead AND was under the balls. He and the other top one pocket players of today do not play the score and take balls out of play. It probably would not have made any difference in the outcome of the match but that was...
  5. S

You guys who have a table at home...

About a month ago a friend of mine called on a Saturday and asked me if he could come over and hit some balls. I said sure; 2 days later another friend of mine was here and again fine and dandy. One week later, when asked by the same 2 people, I said to them that if they are comfortable where...
  6. S

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GHOST

Happy birthday Ghost and you are a real asset to this site. Thx and have a gr8 day. Fred
  7. S

Ghost vs. Pat 23 wwyd?

Two rail the ball that is uptable and bring cueball back to approximately where it s now.
  8. S

Donn vs. John 9 wwyd

Banking the 2 for sure.
  9. S

Ghost vs. Barry 6 wwyd?

1 into the 11 and follow down behind the 5.
  10. S

Pat Johnson

Best wishes Patrick. Fred
  11. S

Execution

In his recent match with S. Frost Orcullo's level of execution was the highest that I have ever seen. Do you expect him to be able to repeat that performance vs. Tony Chohan? He shot super str8 and banked like JB against the Freezer.
  12. S

Building and Maintaining A Position

I realize that many of today's top one pocket players play a very aggressive, offensive style of one pocket and do it effectively. This works very well for people like S. Frost, D. Smith, etc. but I think that many of the people on this site would be better served to work on their ability to...
  13. S

Scott's Play On 2nd Night Of Match

How good was he, your thoughts?
  14. S

What Are Your Thoughts

ref the hard break in one pocket? Is there a place for it or should a revision of rules be considered similar to that which prevents a nine ball player from soft breaking his opponent (4 balls contacting rail). Ask yourself how you would feel if 15-20% of players at next yrs DCC used a version...