Recent content by twister

1. T

Members 2023 Special Edition of The Art of One Pocket

Just got mine today, looks great! Thanks for putting all the hard work into this, Steve.
  2. T

US OPEN Championships $45,000 Added Las Vegas April 3-14, 2022

Watching Tony/Roberto in the banks tourney, and I think Tony wants a word with the person who cut those pockets on the table. ;) But man, these pockets seem tough compared to what we'd see at the TV table at the Derby.
  3. T

Joe Hood's "Fancy Pool Shots EXPOSED"

seems like none left, but in case one is still hanging around, i'll take it. if not, i look forward to browsing Steve's book next time i see him. :D
  4. T

Banks ring games in your poolroom?

+1 to Dennis's rules when we used to have these back in college...a long time ago. We did have some form of a push out and we definitely didn't lose a ball for scratches or fouls. I think we allowed kicks, but can't recall 100%.
  5. T

Nice job at Red Shoes "Ironman" Banks tourney Ike

Late to this one, but congrats again, Ike. I remember 9-ball tourneys at Ride the Nine in Bloomington, going there to get whooped by the likes of Hawk, you, Jesse, Sarah, etc. We used to bring a little group of us from Urbana (big Boyd, bad Boyd, etc.), but still never made much of a dent. Was...
  6. T

What's everybody doing within or outside of the parameters of our lockdown?

What a view. One of our favorite places in the world is in Oregon just over the California border. You've got the rocky coasts, the Redwoods and a fair number of "roadside attractions" (like the Trees of Mystery) nearby. Really, really missing that now that we moved back to the East Coast and...
  7. T

AmazinBilliardsonepocket.com

Looking forward to it!
  8. T

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

I know this has been discussed somewhere in the forums before, but in the "spirit" of Ghost (see what I did there), I'm bumping up some ole photos that should easily bring a smile to all: black and white photos from ~1970 in Bensinger's: http://www.helainegarren.com/index.php/project/ I have...
  9. T

So I actually got to play Efren three games of One Pocket yesterday!

Wow, that's awesome, Steve, what an experience! Next time he shows up in the Boston area, let me know as I'd be happy to donate to the cause also. :D Makes me wonder if pros could actually make a decent wage if they did more of these, assuming they had someone putting them up each night so they...
  10. T

Grady's Twist Bank!

It might could.
  11. T

Grady's Twist Bank!

Great shot, and thanks for sharing! Love those twist banks.
  12. T

Official Derby City player sponsor thread

Donation sent. May the pool gods be with you.
  13. T

Monthly one pocket tourney at California Billiards

In case you were planning to go to California Billiards today for their monthly one-pocket tournament today, don't. It's cancelled due to a 2-day 9-ball tournament they have there this weekend. :/
  14. T

Buddy vs Shannon - '98 Legends of One Pocket

Here's a shot from the finals of the '98 Legends of One Pocket. It's Buddy's shot, he's down 5-0 in balls and 4-2 in games. His pocket is 'A' just to be clear. They're racing to 5. What would you shoot? <iframe...
  15. T

Providence/Boston area $1000 added One Pocket Tournament - Saturday November 6th

In an effort to rejuvenate one pocket here in the Northeast, we're holding what will hopefully be the first of many one pocket tournaments in the area. So, without further ado... ONEPOCKET.ORG AND SNOOKERS PRESENT **************************** SNOOKERS ONE POCKET FALL CLASSIC 2010 "One Pocket...