Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
rest in peace tom
condolences to your family and loved ones.
sorry for the passing of your friend bill.
my condolences

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
A long time very good friend has passed away at 84 due to cancer. Tom Kollins was a all around very good player around Chicago for years. But, his true love of the game was, 'snooker.' Here's his story from the USSA. https://www.facebook.com/notes/unit...ited-states-snooker-legend/10159016176820190/

R.I.P. Tom. See you when we can play some frames again.

Hi Billy,

I knew Tom through Ray Abrams and his son Tom Jr still lives in the Detroit area, he used to come in my pool room quite a bit and his dad would stop in if he was in town.

Matter of fact, I remember someone kicked the door open at my place (actually a drunk friend) 🙄 and the bottom cracked about a third of the way up...Tommy was working with some window company and he was able to cut the glass and put a joint in it and he put a smaller piece in. It was perfect, he said if anyone else ever kicks it, it’s way cheaper to do that little piece (first one cost about a grand)...naturally it’s never been broke again.

He was a pretty good guy. If you talk to Jr by chance, tell him I send my condolences.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Hi Billy,

I knew Tom through Ray Abrams and his son Tom Jr still lives in the Detroit area, he used to come in my pool room quite a bit and his dad would stop in if he was in town.

Matter of fact, I remember someone kicked the door open at my place (actually a drunk friend) 🙄 and the bottom cracked about a third of the way up...Tommy was working with some window company and he was able to cut the glass and put a joint in it and he put a smaller piece in. It was perfect, he said if anyone else ever kicks it, it’s way cheaper to do that little piece (first one cost about a grand)...naturally it’s never been broke again.

He was a pretty good guy. If you talk to Jr by chance, tell him I send my condolences.

I surly will Steve, thanks for the story about a very good family all around!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
A long time very good friend has passed away at 84 due to cancer. Tom Kollins was a all around very good player around Chicago for years. But, his true love of the game was, 'snooker.' Here's his story from the USSA. https://www.facebook.com/notes/unit...ited-states-snooker-legend/10159016176820190/

R.I.P. Tom. See you when we can play some frames again.
Yes, Tom will be missed. I knew him in the 70s from cushion n cue. He was the first person I saw really kill the cueball off the rail from a pretty steep angle. It was beautiful and he took the time to show me what he did.

He was as nice a man as he was a player. May he rest in peace.