Sacramento July 5th 1p tournament

Masta Cruz

From
Fresno, CA
Sacramento county is reclosing bars not sure if this effects the tournament

Maybe if it did affect hard times he could do a private locked door event players only. That’s what we did here in my area at one of the pool halls. We’ve been having a couple tournaments one big one small and several ring game nights sometimes ten players, 1$ on the three and six ball, 2$ on the ten ball.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Maybe if it did affect hard times he could do a private locked door event players only. That’s what we did here in my area at one of the pool halls. We’ve been having a couple tournaments one big one small and several ring game nights sometimes ten players, 1$ on the three and six ball, 2$ on the ten ball.

I talked to Oscar today and he thinks we are ok until at least Monday. That is when the bars have to close, but you never know what our governor will do. He gave notice at 3pm they had to shut down the same day last time.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Or maybe tomorrow. Newsome said today that more restrictions will be announced on Wednesday. Sacramento is on the list of problem counties. So is Contra Costa, and today they withdrew the plan for light indoor recreations (like pool) to open tomorrow, so Crown Billiards just announced that they will not, alas, open tomorrow. The biggest concern though is about family gatherings over the holiday weekend when people are expected to really let their guards (and masks) down. If HT is able to stay open and you go, no hugging, OK?

Masta Cruz

From
Fresno, CA
Well fair enough. I cancelled my hotel and suggested to Oscar to hold onto my PayPal money for the next tournament I come up for upon the next re opening. Probably for the best I’m sure so that we don’t put ourselves potentially further into harms way. That’s why the governor closes things because people like me can’t help themselves and want to have fun doing what we enjoy regardless of the risks.

Hope they don’t close my gym at least so I can get exercise. Even though I realize going to the gym with the situation at hand seems even dumber than any of the other things that have been shut down.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Well fair enough. I cancelled my hotel and suggested to Oscar to hold onto my PayPal money for the next tournament I come up for upon the next re opening. Probably for the best I’m sure so that we don’t put ourselves potentially further into harms way. That’s why the governor closes things because people like me can’t help themselves and want to have fun doing what we enjoy regardless of the risks.

Hope they don’t close my gym at least so I can get exercise. Even though I realize going to the gym with the situation at hand seems even dumber than any of the other things that have been shut down.

Buy a bicycle. What’s wrong with you🤣🚴🏻‍♂️

baby huey

Verified Member
I talked with several room owners in Cali and nobody is voting for Newsom next time around. In the interview I did with Daniel Busch a couple of months ago, I mentioned that pool might be dead on the West Coast; now I'm more sure then ever that that's the case. Our rooms out here, with so many closures and assuming we get to open, are so far apart that players practicing and matching up and staging events will be an onerous task at best. The Pool Room as we knew it may be a dinosaur. For the first time ever my wife asked me how much longer did I want to go through with this struggle?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I talked with several room owners in Cali and nobody is voting for Newsom next time around. In the interview I did with Daniel Busch a couple of months ago, I mentioned that pool might be dead on the West Coast; now I'm more sure then ever that that's the case. Our rooms out here, with so many closures and assuming we get to open, are so far apart that players practicing and matching up and staging events will be an onerous task at best. The Pool Room as we knew it may be a dinosaur. For the first time ever my wife asked me how much longer did I want to go through with this struggle?

I went to Buffalo’s today for about an hour and a half. Signs on every door requiring masks to enter. All the regulars had masks on but the masks were not covering their nose or just hanging around their neck. The cleaning guy said none of the players he knows got COVID-19.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

Jerry.....I feel for you my man.

I grew up in a family owned small business, my first "professional" job was with a small industrial contractor, then I was a "boss" at a medium sized heavy manufacturing foundry/machine shop. Those that have never been around it nor done it have absolutely no clue what it takes to make a small business work (probably don't even know what a Balance Sheet is....). You have to comply with a litany of regulatory standards, broker for various insurance coverages, manage cash flow/assets/depreciation, and take care of your people -- all simultaneously (in most cases with cyclical inflow/sales). Consider yourself real good if there is a margin of 20% or more month to month.....

This thing is changing the landscape of our economy before our eyes. Hang in there.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Jerry, As you know, I have been to your room 5 or 6 times. Played with you 3 or 4 of those times. You have a very nice, friendly room and

clientele. I really hope you and your wife hang on. I know how much you love the game, and probably love your customers even

more. Even though you are on Main St in Ventura, your room seems like a neighborhood hangout.

Anyways, I wish you the best and will be glad when this virus is behind us.

Don't want to sound political or anti-Cali, but I can imagine how hard it is to stay open on the West coast.

Looking forward to seeing you again (y)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Bad timing, I’ve got a three day trip to Burbank. My bicycle will be on the plane and three piece cue

baby huey

Verified Member
I was down the other day and I'm sure I'll be down some more. The kind words from my One Pocket Org Colleagues were helpful. Thanks very much. I got home room advantage on several of you, so I'll need to keep that advantage a while longer. Thanks again.........

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I was down the other day and I'm sure I'll be down some more. The kind words from my One Pocket Org Colleagues were helpful. Thanks very much. I got home room advantage on several of you, so I'll need to keep that advantage a while longer. Thanks again.........

Your a great guy to be around and play. Your devotion to pool, your room and employees makes the world a better place

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
You could have match ups and stream them, donations or ppv. You and newkirk, newkirk and lettuce, lettuce and you