Search results

1. johnnytronic

First Shot in One Ball One Pocket?

Certain tables, (not so much a diamond) you would be surprised how often you can accidentally make it in the side. My buddy who shoots a lot worse than I do was beating me at this game by trying to cut the ball towards his pocket and getting it hung in the jaws more often than not. We play if...
  2. johnnytronic

MOT Chicago refund money?

You can send mine back...I wonder now. There was another tournament at Chris's that got cancelled. I can't remember if I paid or not.
  3. johnnytronic

Bad mental habits or bad luck? The Ego and luckiest game in the world.

What I also came to realize is that there is a certain level that this can arise more frequently with. For example my level, a little above and for sure all below. This the the level where you don't have that pro cue ball control and likely to miss a hard hit ball by a large margin. The harder...
  4. johnnytronic

No, I think you had it right the first time. Haaa
  5. johnnytronic

If you put any energy/focus towards the other guys rolls and luck--You are looking for an excuse to lose! It steals the proper mental energy you need to execute and play consistently well...IME. This whining and bad attitude stays with you into the next inning--I presume a small amount of...
  6. johnnytronic

Playing One Pocket Covid-19 style

This is a great table (extra tight pockets) but needs a little tune up, some how both pockets roll into each other on both sides of the table. Short rail and long rail banks. The table sits on a wood floor and we know it will change w/ temperture. I'm thinking of getting some 1/4" metal plates...
  7. johnnytronic

Ball spots equating to money line wagers

There is a guy at Chris's in Chicago who loves playing with odds. He doesnt like to be spotted at all. It's a little scary, you lose that first game--It's daunting to play the next hour or two just in hopes to break even. He wants 3/1 from me. I play 12/8 better than him. He's also reckless and...
  8. johnnytronic

Ball spots equating to money line wagers

This may or may not offer some insight as to a way to contrast those odds. http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php?threads/one-pocket-handi-cap-rating-comparison-system.15648/
  9. johnnytronic

Chicago Pizza

You can get well done Tombstones from the counter guy..:ROFLMAO:
  10. johnnytronic

Pick Em Spots in Chicago?

I've noticed that outside of Chicago me saying I need 1pik-n-tha-hit gets a strange response from the 1p hobbyist. The pro's know these spots IME, Ocollo gave me 3 pik and the hit and went to 10--proceeded to drill me. However, I was in awe at his shooting ability, low on funds and nervous. In...
  11. johnnytronic

Chris's billiard's One Pocket & 9 Ball Tournament

I plan on playing in both of these. My 9ball is starting to pick up but I pressume it will be a donation. . Neal Vichiensaen (Noy's son) has been doing a killer job of making properly managed & well paid tournaments go down at Chris's. It been breathing life back to the scene. The crazy thing is...
  12. johnnytronic

In Fort Lauderdale tonight maybe tomorrow night as well- any players in the area or can reccomend a pool hall

Why is Mark not playing as well? Usually when I go to visit Melbourne I go to Aurora Road Billiards to play. Not too many serious players but there was a decent rotation player--Tall bald guy.
  13. johnnytronic

In Fort Lauderdale tonight maybe tomorrow night as well- any players in the area or can reccomend a pool hall

Peter who, can you give me his cell phone so I can text him? or email
  14. johnnytronic

Thanks guys, will see if I can make it to one of these. Think we may have to drive to Melbourne mid afternoon.
  15. johnnytronic

These came up when I searched pool halls near me.
  16. johnnytronic

In Pilly Del Feee yaaa at the Logan Hotel

We’re at the Logan. There’s a 10’ pool table in the library of this hotel. Maybe we can do some pre matches?
  17. johnnytronic

One pocket handi-cap rating & comparison system

I've been working on this for awhile. Some players have been asking me to release this because they want to know how the spots work without investing too much money. The most important concept to gather from this document is the relationship between the handicaps--that you see why one is better...
  18. johnnytronic

Cyclops vs vintage centenials vs Aramith

I had this idea to put at least a little bit of science behind what people "believe or think" is the reason they are getting these and those results. ChicagoMike and I were playing one pocket during the Henderson and Ghost match, I was getting a fair spot. I was beating him pretty bad but had...
  19. johnnytronic

Streaming & recording devices what works best with in a reasonable budget

Have been seeing this brand for a couple years now, first time seeing it at Derby. Went to the no master's tourney at Shooters in WI. Alex Shap was using it, streaming directly to his FB page. I would say the results were very good. I was looking at a go pro because I have some of their...