Search results

1. Tom Wirth

New "Controlled Aggression" Shirts

12 sq....AKA 144, LLL, and GC, thanks for your support. Tom
  2. Tom Wirth

Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Jerry, Good eye! I saw that shot too and tried it last night after setting up my infamous two rail shot. I couldn't get it to work but the idea is ingenious. Tom
  3. Tom Wirth

Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Well, not to belabor the cans and can nots with my shot choice but when setting up the situation as closely as I can,given the various photos available, I was able to execute to shot. Did I set them up precisely as they were in the photos? In all likelihood, no. How could I? No one could. Now...
  4. Tom Wirth

Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Thank you Bill, Hooking the cue ball on the 10 works well as long as you can keep the 3 ball from laying on the foot rail. Otherwise you may end up in trouble with this shot. Tom
  5. Tom Wirth

Hey Mike, I have two options for you or anyone else who's in the same boat as you. First, I can do a special order for you but it requires 3 more special orders so there will likely be a delay in shipping. The company I'm dealing with require 6 shirts ordered. I have two special orders on back...
  6. Tom Wirth

Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

So Bill, Why do you think the opponent will play off the 10 ball? To get the cue ball behind the 10 the 3 will likely end up along the foot rail. Playing the 3 into the 11 will likely push both balls toward the middle of the foot rail unless it's hit perfectly. Great shot if he can pull it off...
  7. Tom Wirth

Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Beatle, where do you see where I said I'm sending the cue ball to the side rail? Getting the one ball to the side rail should not be a problem as I see it. Stun the cue ball, use right hand english to flatten the one and send it three or four cushions to the side rail and hide it with the...
  8. Tom Wirth

Donn vs. Pete 1 wwyd?

Two rail the one ball. Stop the rock. When playing the two rail shot, keep the one ball off the back rail. Leave it along your side rail attempting to hide it behind the three. If successful, there will be no angle to move the 11 out. Tom
  9. Tom Wirth

My Polo shirts are ready for purchasing! These shirts are available in three colors. Black, Blue, Red Sizes available in large and extra large Special orders are also available. Check with me for options. Polyester and cotton blend Logo is neatly embroidered $38.00 Free US shipping Paypal to...
  10. Tom Wirth

what are your favorite (one pocket) books?

HI Carla, Thanks for the up vote and congrats on getting your own table. I like Freddy's book too. Yep, great stories in there. Tom
  11. Tom Wirth

Hi Seb, thank you for your kind words. The experience of going to your beautiful, home town, and working with you on your One Pocket game is not something I will ever forget. Meeting you and your lovely family and the hospitality you all showed me has provided many pleasant stories which I...
  12. Tom Wirth

Thank you Evergruven for posting your kind thread endorsing my book. It was a welcome site. And thanks also to GoldCrown and Larry AKA (lll). You have always been there supporting and promoting me. You two are true friends. Thank you Bill, AKA (Vapros) I appreciate that you always seem to be...
  13. Tom Wirth

John vs. Pete 2 wwyd?

Thank you Jeff Sparks for suggesting the carom on the eight ball. From the images provided this shot appears to be a high percentage play with natural position on the cross corner bank. As appealing as the straight back on the thirteen is, I would pass on it because if that shot is missed then...
  14. Tom Wirth

Ghost vs. Barry 8 wwyd?

I like this shot too, Bill. This shot can also be played very aggressively by shooting the five directly towards the nine and drawing the cue ball back to the side rail using the eleven as a blocker. Who knows, the various caroms which will take place may just send a ball into your pocket. I can...
  15. Tom Wirth

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DWS/DONN!

Happy Belated, Donn.
  16. Tom Wirth

Filler/ Chohan May 12-13th

Yes Bill but when handicapping a game shouldn't the pocket size also be calculated into the mix? If I were the better shooter and he the better mover I would choose a table where I could exploit my shooting advantage and limit the damage he may do when he scores having success with his moving...
  17. Tom Wirth

Jim, My position on tight vs loose pockets is this; the looser the pockets the more even the offense becomes but the defense favors the better mover. Tony failed to employ his moving experience in his match with Mr. Filler. Had he squeezed, as in Chicago style, which he prefers not to do but...
  18. Tom Wirth

No wonder Josh"s One Pocket game is coming along so fast!
  19. Tom Wirth

Not the usual kind of wwyd?...

Mike, "Unoperro" I also would likely play for the bank, and like you I would play for a two rail bank. By playing for a two rail bank I can use follow, zero english, and a fairly firm stroke which will send the cue ball further up table and along my side rail. This will assure me of a good angle...
  20. Tom Wirth

Pat Johnson

Keep you spirits up Pat, as Dr. Bill said, "You're in good hands with your doctors. Trust them to get you healthy again." And may God guide their hands and your heart. Tom