Search results

1. B

Lihue, Hawaii

Backstreet Billiards located at: 4353 Rice St. Lihue, HI 96766 (808) 245-9996 Open after 6:00 PM Mon-Sat. This place is not visible from the street, you have to go around the back. If you get to Kauai and get the Jones for some table time give this place a try after the sun goes down. Eight...
  2. B

Golf and One Pocket

In his interview SJD mentions playing golf up at Cochran's and I've heard an eyewitness account of him playing golf one-handed at the old California Billiard club on Stevens Creek Blvd. That got me to thinking about golf. There's no golf forum so this is the only place to put this thought. The...
  3. B

One pocket with the other pockets

I have read that one pocket can be played in general with any two of the six pockets and that on occasion Jersey Red used to take one of the corners at the head of the table as a spot for his opponent. There seems to be quite a bit of gamble in the crowd here so I'm curious if any of you have...
  4. B

Full vs. short rack bank pool

This is a question for experienced bank pool players. What do you see as the major differences between a game played with a full rack vs. a short rack? For example, I've been told that 2 and 3 rail shots are more prevalent in the full rack game.