Search results

1. B

One Pocket Action Match-Chip Compton vs Roberto Gomez-August 7th-8th-9th

I don't know. Roberto does not seem comfortable. Chip just uses much less mental energy in the game. I think it show at the end for sure.
  2. B

One Pocket Action Match-Chip Compton vs Roberto Gomez-August 7th-8th-9th

Roberto has been squabbling with his girlfriend. He didn't sleep much at all going into the match. He played horrible, but Chip didn't bury him. Roberto is definitely in the match. A couple scratches from nowhere dug him a hole, and he wasn't running balls like his normal self. JJ was right on...
  3. B

WWYD-in this tough spot.

The idea is make him make a mistake. I have a tremendous positional advantage. Why would I risk letting him off the hook? If I slightly open those balls without leaving a shot, I take a foul and he is in real trouble. Hard to keep me off a shot.
  4. B

WWYD-in this tough spot.

Uh, take a foul and see what he does. You have a tremendous position.
  5. B

Top U.S. players 2020: Comments welcome

JHall will play Skyler some 11 ball banks for 10,000. I'll stake it. Pass the word, if you would.
  6. B

I also think Skyler is underrated, but if he banks that well, he should be trying to take off Justin Hall or Danny Smith or Chip Compton or any of a half dozen other great bankers who would bet pretty good money. As for one pocket, he is a straight shooter, but if he isn't trying to match up...
  7. B

1. Tony Chohan-Won 2016 Buffalo's Pro Classic, Action warrior and no American is playing him. Beat Chip Compton in a race to 24 this year. 2. Shane Van Boening Three time Derby City Champion, plays very little one pocket other than Derby and US Open. 3. Corey Deuel-Derby City Champion, great...
  8. B

You need 6, how to get out.

13,3,6,11,7,10: Nearly everyone shoots the first two shots the same. The seven does not pass until the six is gone. If you get above the six, you can slide to the eleven, then draw your ball into the rail and over and shoot either the 7 or 10 and visa versa.
  9. B

2020 Rankings

Chip Compton will play Roberto Gomez a race to 24 as soon as they confirm the venue. The game has been set, but with the virus, many of the best venues are closed. Louisiana won't open until August 7th. That's the favorite for the match right now, but Ray is anxious to put it on.
  10. B

5 rack game?

Filler was shooting at 45.5 during the pandemic. Ball in hand after the break. He could easily beat 47.
  11. B

joyner cooney wwyd>

Let him go. I get four or five balls if he misses. That's the trap, right? Give him a low percentage shot that sells out four balls.
  12. B

joyner cooney wwyd>

What's wrong with going off the right side of the two and laying the cue ball down on the rail, using the eleven as a blocker? Your opponent has no shot and must go off something and leave you a bank the next inning.
  13. B

2020 Rankings

If you saw how bad Richeson and Walden play now, you wouldn't be clammering to pay for it. They are shadows of their former selves.
  14. B

2020 Rankings

Many of the complaints about Dennis' slow pace of play are no longer relevant. Dennis has learned a LOT about one pocket in the past two years giving up 14-4 to the likes of JRB and 15-4 to Tommy Midena. Most of you have not seen him in these matches and are still complaining about his pace from...
  15. B

2020 Rankings

Sounds like Roy's Basement is cooking up the match we have all been waiting on: Lion v. Robocop. They are voting on the format right now. Looks like best 4 out of 7 races, race to 10 is in the lead at the moment. No date or amount has been posted. Still preliminary with Dennis in the P.I. I'll...
  16. B

2020 Rankings

Corey had a phenomenal 2019, with 2nd places in the DCC, Scotty Townsend and Buffalo's Pro Classic. He also cashed in the US Open and the Big Dog Classic. His rank is reflected by these strong finishes.
  17. B

2020 Rankings

2019 consensus rankings have been tweaked based on Derby City Classic, Scotty Townsend Memorial, and money match with Chohan, Filler, and Bustamante. Filler's high finish at DCC, coupled with his win versus Chohan, have him in the top 15. Conversely, Danny Smith has not played for months, and...
  18. B

2020 Rankings

19. B

2020 Rankings

Yeah, Evan tried to give him weight and lost. That's the third time he tried. Lost every time.