Search results

1. T

What's everybody doing within or outside of the parameters of our lockdown?

What a view. One of our favorite places in the world is in Oregon just over the California border. You've got the rocky coasts, the Redwoods and a fair number of "roadside attractions" (like the Trees of Mystery) nearby. Really, really missing that now that we moved back to the East Coast and...
  2. T

AmazinBilliardsonepocket.com

Looking forward to it!
  3. T

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

I know this has been discussed somewhere in the forums before, but in the "spirit" of Ghost (see what I did there), I'm bumping up some ole photos that should easily bring a smile to all: black and white photos from ~1970 in Bensinger's: http://www.helainegarren.com/index.php/project/ I have...
  4. T

So I actually got to play Efren three games of One Pocket yesterday!

Wow, that's awesome, Steve, what an experience! Next time he shows up in the Boston area, let me know as I'd be happy to donate to the cause also. :D Makes me wonder if pros could actually make a decent wage if they did more of these, assuming they had someone putting them up each night so they...
  5. T

Grady's Twist Bank!

It might could.
  6. T

Grady's Twist Bank!

Great shot, and thanks for sharing! Love those twist banks.
  7. T

Official Derby City player sponsor thread

Donation sent. May the pool gods be with you.
  8. T

Monthly one pocket tourney at California Billiards

In case you were planning to go to California Billiards today for their monthly one-pocket tournament today, don't. It's cancelled due to a 2-day 9-ball tournament they have there this weekend. :/
  9. T

Buddy vs Shannon - '98 Legends of One Pocket

Here's a shot from the finals of the '98 Legends of One Pocket. It's Buddy's shot, he's down 5-0 in balls and 4-2 in games. His pocket is 'A' just to be clear. They're racing to 5. What would you shoot? <iframe...
  10. T

Providence/Boston area $1000 added One Pocket Tournament - Saturday November 6th

In an effort to rejuvenate one pocket here in the Northeast, we're holding what will hopefully be the first of many one pocket tournaments in the area. So, without further ado... ONEPOCKET.ORG AND SNOOKERS PRESENT **************************** SNOOKERS ONE POCKET FALL CLASSIC 2010 "One Pocket...
  11. T

Action: Jet vs Brumback

Anyone know if there is any truth to Jet playing Brumback banks in Chicago? Only asking as I saw this post on AZB: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=2462900#post2462900 Updates are welcome and appreciated.
  12. T

Mosconi at Bensinger's

Check out this find I recently picked up. It's an old 4x5 negative from 1959 of Mosconi shooting a trick shot called the 'Drunken Sailor shot' (?) at a pool hall located at 29 W Randolph in Chicago, and lo and behold, the pool hall just happens to be the one and only Bensinger's, where it...
  13. T

Wisconsin One Pocket Tournament: entry deadline June 4

I hadn't seen this tournament advertised before, so I figured I'd post it here. According to the flyer, the entry deadline is June 4. Anyone planning on going to this? Ghost, Chicago Mike? It also says Gabe is having a one pocket clinic at the tournament, limited to 10 participants. Wish I lived...
  14. T

End game: Bustamante vs. Ochoa

This was the last game of the 2010 DCC one pocket semi-final match between Bustamante and Ochoa. Busta really should have won this game (and the match as this was the hill game), but he let Ochoa back into this game twice. Anyways, at this point Busta is down 6-7 and has pocket A. It's Busta's...
  15. T

Ronnie's 'special' cue for one-handed play

I'm hoping someone can provide more info on the cue that Ronnie Allen used for one-handed play. Back in the day, I'm sure he could whoop most everyone one-handed regardless of what kind of cue he used, but I've heard it mentioned a few times that he had a 'special' weighted cue/shaft. Does...
  16. T

DCC 2010 Schedule

Here's the latest schedule that I received via email for the DCC: 2010 Event Schedule Thursday, January 21st • Late sign-ups (if fields are not full) 4 pm-10 pm • Practice time for 9-Ball Bank players 5 pm-12 am • Tables available for rental 12 am-7 am Friday, January 22nd •...
  17. T

AZB/Onepocket.org room at DCC

Link to the info on where to send the small $25 donation to help cover the costs of the AZB/Onepocket.org room at the DCC: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=167172 As people have mentioned, the money is due real soon, and I read that they're still a little short on the money, so...
  18. T

One pocket charts

I wanted to start a new thread to kind of cover what Mike was asking about on the thread that is now solely covering Frost vs old one pocket players. He was asking about key moves and traps. The first thing I thought about was a set of charts like they have in chess that show common moves and...
  19. T

Calling a foul

I was watching a Parica/Bugs one pocket match and it's the first game of the match and Parica leaves Bugs on the 'correct' side of the stack so Bugs can't shoot directly towards his hole. But he doesn't leave Bugs frozen to the stack and the ball closest to the cue ball (maybe an inch or two...
  20. T

Flying with your cue

I'm wondering what most people here do with their cue when they travel to a tournament via plane. Do you put it in your checked bag or do you send it via Fedex or UPS? And if you send it rather than check it, where do you send it: the hotel, a local Fedex place, etc? If the value of the cue...