Search results

1. K

Why dont they play the score?

Since my eyes have gone south I been railing a lot. Ive noticed regular one pocket players with more than 10 years experience keep breaking one major rule. And that is To Play the Score. Needing 1 ball and opponent needing 4 they will always shoot for their hole bringing down balls into the...
  2. K

Eyeglasses for One Pocket

Got a sporty new pair of glasses. Bifocals with transitional. But its totally useless for pool. Bending over I have to look upwards to see a 9 foot shot straining my neck Transitioning between close shots to far shots are hard to get used to. Since I got rid of cataracts have not needed specs...
  3. K

Double J

I been waiting for others to comment. But something must be said. Our own Jeremy Jones did the almost impossible last couple of weeks. He landed top 4 in the One Pocket of Scotty Townsend Memorial and came in second to Dennis Orcullo in the 9 Ball event beating him coming from the loser side in...
  4. K

Happy Birthday Gerri3403

Happy Birthday to my pal Geraldine T. May you have many more. Thanks for your endeavors on POV. Hopefully see you for the OneP.org tournament next year.
  5. K

Accu-stats

Accustats starts their MIH event today. Its a double header starting with 8 ball and finishing with straight pool. I know its a one pocket site but our favorite Jeremy Jones is commentating with Danny D. Some good pool commentating. Miss you Dr Bill. Hope you are well
  6. K

They called him Reverend

///////////////
  7. K

Happy 80th Danny D!!!

Yesterday was Chinese New Years. I forgot all about my buddy Danny Diliberto was the birthday boy. When I called him late nite to wish him a happy one he was at the pool hall. It was like 0 degrees out. He said "Keone I didnt think I would ever make it to 80". Whether you like the guy or not...
  8. K

DCC Anti Rant

I cant believe how well this event was run. Having some experience with producing shows on a multi day level the amount of pressure and tenacity to keep things running smoothly is a Herculean task. DCC just keeps getting better. Unfortunately I had to stay in California as I had just contracted...
  9. K

Short

Im 5'7". I never considered myself "short" but I guess in the pantheon of height you could call me that. I never did feel short. I grew up in Hawaii where there were a lot of Japanese, Okinawans, Filipino's, etc etc and I towered over a lot of my classmates. I never felt "short" until I went to...
  10. K

Over here Mr 3 Cushion

I just got off the phone with my Paisan Danny Diliberto. He told me that you were an excellent 3 C man and more than that a solid teacher. Hes doing fine and in his mid 70's going to Turning Stone, US Open 9 ball, Accu-Stats 8 Ball Make it Happen, and then to the Derby City Classic. I take his...