Search results

1. L

Fauci and Gates

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/robert-f-kennedy-jr-dr-fauci-covid19-vaccine Robert F. Kennedy Jr., son of Robert and nephew of John F. Kennedy, said that the National Institute for Allergic and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Dr. Fauci's agency, will collect 50% of all royalties from a...
  2. L

My ruminations about Covid 19

This is just some stuff I'm observing and thinking about. I'll probably want to add to it later. Make of it what you will; I don't know myself how much of it is relevant to the way we should be guided. USA 50 million +/- tests Worldometer Corona virus USA says: 3,926,000 alleged positives...
  3. L

PCR Tests

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on the internet, but I found this stuff interesting Quote: Bulgarian Pathology Association Though the whole world relies on RT-PCR to "diagnose" Sars-Cov-2 infection, the science is clear: they are not fit for purpose: From Engelbrecht and Konstantin...
  4. L

Bear Bryant

Got this by email, and that's all I know about it beyond the obvious. Coach Bear Bryant - Don't Cost Nuttin to Be Nice At a Touchdown Club meeting many years before his death, Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant told the following story: I had just been named the new head coach at Alabama and was...
  5. L

The Gosford Glyphs

A friend of mine recently told me that he wasn't nearly as interested in this ancient stuff as I am, and he doubted that many people were. :D Well, in case you are one of that few, here ya go: It's 56 minutes long, but you'll get a good idea of the subject matter -- the story of an ancient...
  6. L

Global Warming has Begun, Expert Tells Senate

I felt this was too long for the Members' Cafe, so here ya go. You may find it interesting while reading to know that the global temperature average has increased approximately one degree Celsius since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution around 1800 when fossil fuel burning began to...
  7. L

Advanced stonework in ancient Peru

I'm not selling anything, I just figure that what fascinates me will fascinate some of you. Enjoy it or fuggedaboudit! :D Here's a 16-minute video that makes me doubt that much of the old stone shaping could have been accomplished with the primitive tools we are told the people had who did the...
  8. L

Atlantis? Really? Nah, but...

The likelihood that there might be elements of truth in the story of Atlantis has gained in recent years as ice cores and study of other geological features have increased knowledge of the centuries before and during the period known as the Younger Dryas, roughly 11,000 to 9,000 BC. Around...
  9. L

Politically Correct (Or NOT!)

Our valued compadre Unpaid Bill (vapros) raised the issue of political correctness and brought to mind a piece of Canadian legislation passed in 2017 I read about lately that is a little scary. Bill C-16 purports to be about hate speech, as such a thing might relate to " gender, pronoun use...
  10. L

"Jerry" Stories.

My friend Jerry is a character. He has a talent for coming up with the kind of lines that I think of hours later: "I should have said...." I've got three for ya; one he said to me, and the other two he claims he said at the "right" time. He was tired of his job and was looking around for...
  11. L

Wooo hooo Seniors

John Rizzo just called to tell me they are going to make their building non-smoking for the duration of our tournament! I sure didn't think they'd be willing to inconvenience so many of their regular customers for us. Thanks, John and owner Cody.
  12. L

Senior Tournament 2019

Bogies Senior tournament is on for October 17-20 at Bogies East, FM1960, Houston. $2000 added, no green fees, entry fee to be determined ($100-200.) 32 Player limit. All entries and Calcutta monies returned to the players. To qualify you must be at least 65 years old before January 1, 2020...
  13. L

Buffalo's Easy Pickins

Buffalo's Mighty 16 is only 3 weeks away and I know some of you boys (and girls -- Hi! Mary) are gettin' the itch. Well you know you can count on your pal LSJohn's altruistic instincts to help you scratch that itch. Fortunately, our even more generous Mr. Booth has agreed to kick in a few...
  14. L

Cliff is Playing the Scotty Townsend

Unfortunately, he drew Pagulayan in the first round, and lost 4-0, but he's playing reasonably well. Hitting about 85% of his shots as well as ever, 10% substandard and 5% poorly. He still has weakness and diminished control on his left side, but he's managing the bridge OK and looks to me that...
  15. L

Spotting balls

For What it's worth: The 2017 BCA rule book states under Section 1 : "These general rules apply to all pocket billiard games, UNLESS specifically noted to the contrary in the individual game rules." It the offers a link to download general rules which takes us to World Pool-Billiard Association...
  16. L

Mostly for the Old Timers

Efren Reyes and Shannon Daulton Galveston World Classic (Especially game 1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Hp776RAe7yo I discovered that if I watch this before I go to bed on Saturday night, it cuts down on my medication... especially the blue pills. You're welcome.
  17. L

New sweat bet option

Pick any 4 players from the 25/1 and 30/1 group to WIN, and get 4/1 if any one of them wins it all. $25 maximum bet on any combination. This option will be posted soon on the main action thread and all bets must be made and confirmed there, NOT HERE.
  18. L

Rules Question -- Jacked up

I know I heard a tournament director somewhere say that if you were jacked up over a ball and on your shot you moved the ball that had you jacked up, it was automatically a foul, even when playing CB fouls only. The rationale was that this results in too many "too close to call" situations where...
  19. L

Springing the trap

A good friend of my best friend and I became gambling adversaries. It was always friendly and small stakes, but we each were constantly looking for ways to trap each other just so we could have a good laugh at the other's expense. The three couples would get together several times a year and...
  20. L

Price gouging and homeowners insurance

Our buddy vapros posted some comments about the mess in Southeast Texas and some thoughts on some things likely to come. Not to put too fine a point on it, but unless we're talking about water, food and medicine, "price gouging" is a term that could have been invented by Marx, or Lenin, or...